Campbell - Ekblad
Kulikov - Petrovic
Mitchell - Gudbranson

Luongo

14-1-Freeman-Fig-2.jpg

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
we're in Florida, should have been a retirement home theme. not some recycled Canuck idea. Lots of work, poor results. Typical.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
great GDT again AS.

But as a person who considers his two passions to be hockey and building things... do not buy IKEA products. They are pure ****. Seriously its a pet peeve of mine how popular that place has become.

I mean like a side table or small desk is fine. They are good for that kind of thing. But any large significant piece: a coffee table, dresser, bed, kitchen table. Go do yourselves a favour. Spend an extra couple hundred bucks and go to a legit furniture store.

Sure a table will cost you $500 at a nice place but it will be made out of wood, not particle board, and it will last you forever.
Plus, a lot of high end woodwork is done by Canadian cabinet makers (something we are really good at and we have a ton of wood) so its actually really good for our economy if you can find it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
great GDT again AS.

But as a person who considers his two passions to be hockey and building things... do not buy IKEA products. They are pure ****. Seriously its a pet peeve of mine how popular that place has become.

I mean like a side table or small desk is fine. They are good for that kind of thing. But any large significant piece: a coffee table, dresser, bed, kitchen table. Go do yourselves a favour. Spend an extra couple hundred bucks and go to a legit furniture store.

Sure a table will cost you $500 at a nice place but it will be made out of wood, not particle board, and it will last you forever.
Plus, a lot of high end woodwork is done by Canadian cabinet makers (something we are really good at and we have a ton of wood) so its actually really good for our economy if you can find it.

The amount of brainpower you put into this post far exceeds the amount of brainpower that went into the GDT. :laugh:

My thought process was "Backlund is doing well -> Backlund is Swedish -> IKEA."

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
great GDT again AS.

I'm on the fence. If I buy a computer desk, I don't really care if it will last 5 years or 30. I bought a really nice computer desk at IKEA that really fit what I needed, and came with a lot of little extra perks. Having a power bar build in? That's pretty ****ing cool. USB hub? Pretty ****ing cool. Slots for cable management? Pretty ****ing cool! $80? Sold.

Now, if I'm looking to buy couches, or a bed frame, I'll focus on quality.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm on the fence. If I buy a computer desk, I don't really care if it will last 5 years or 30. I bought a really nice computer desk at IKEA that really fit what I needed, and came with a lot of little extra perks. Having a power bar build in? That's pretty ****ing cool. USB hub? Pretty ****ing cool. Slots for cable management? Pretty ****ing cool! $80? Sold.

Now, if I'm looking to buy couches, or a bed frame, I'll focus on quality.

IKEA is super hit and miss. I have an awesome glass shadowbox coffee table from there that is solid wood, and only set me back few hundred bucks. I also have a big ass shelving unit that is a pile of garbage.

I have a bed frame from there that is great as well.
And two little night stands that are utter ****ing ****.

Most of their stuff that doesn't require construction is pretty good too I find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad