Value of: Flames Fire Sale

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I don’t think you have to worry about losing him to expansion. There is absolutely no way Seattle takes him and then pays him his qualifying offer of 2.6.
I do think you will lose him to free agency after Calgary chooses not to qualify him though.
Ya either way. I could see Seattle taking him and then not qualifying him and agreeing to a lower-cap hit deal. Or he goes to UFA in which case Seattle would still be a solid fit. Either way I would say less than 20% chance he's a Flame next year given how he's fallen out of favour here and can't find a permanent spot despite being probably our best player in the bubble last year lol

Reactions: axlrose87

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya super fair I knew it was a longshot, just had to ask in case with expansion looming and Timmins being an RFA with little room for advancement given how sick your depth chart is. I'm a huge Timmins fan from his days in the OHL and think you should hold onto him and that in 2-3 years he'll be yet another gem for your bottom pair. Bowers would be interesting if we can't get a 2nd, which I think we possibly could so idk
Timmins had a shot at taking a roster spot this year with EJ out, but he was a bit inconsistent and got outplayed by MacDonald, so I wouldn't say that he's stuck in our depth chart. Assuming that he doesn't get traded he'll get another shot at it next season, especially if Seattle take Graves and/or if Johnson gets traded or bought out. His time is somewhat limited by Barron and Helleson who are probably around 2 years away realistically.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya either way. I could see Seattle taking him and then not qualifying him and agreeing to a lower-cap hit deal. Or he goes to UFA in which case Seattle would still be a solid fit. Either way I would say less than 20% chance he's a Flame next year given how he's fallen out of favour here and can't find a permanent spot despite being probably our best player in the bubble last year lol
Seattle would be a good destination for Bennett. They'll likely not have many high end forwards unless they make some amazing deals using their capspace as a weapon, so they could give Bennett some opportunities in a top 6 role one would think.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Do you think Mangiapane will be available and what would it take from Isles? I kind of like the way he plays. What is his current salary and term?
As a self-admitted massive Mangiapane fan, I don't think I'm the best person to ask. In my mind he wouldn't be available since his age has him lineup with the Flames contending, OR the Flames rebuilding with him as a top 6 player. He's on his first year of a two-year deal at ~2.3 million iirc. So a pretty solid deal that ends with him as an RFA with arb rights. Can't think of a deal that makes sense for Mangiapane straight up unless he's involved in something bigger, which I'm sure the Isles wouldn't want to do with their current success

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As a self-admitted massive Mangiapane fan, I don't think I'm the best person to ask. In my mind he wouldn't be available since his age has him lineup with the Flames contending, OR the Flames rebuilding with him as a top 6 player. He's on his first year of a two-year deal at ~2.3 million iirc. So a pretty solid deal that ends with him as an RFA with arb rights. Can't think of a deal that makes sense for Mangiapane straight up unless he's involved in something bigger, which I'm sure the Isles wouldn't want to do with their current success

Pretty much this.
If Mangi is moved, it’s part of a bigger deal; an Eichel package player kind of thing.

Cheap top 6 wingers that play the right way are valuable in this league.

Ledge And Dairy

I don’t think you have to worry about losing him to expansion. There is absolutely no way Seattle takes him and then pays him his qualifying offer of 2.6.
I do think you will lose him to free agency after Calgary chooses not to qualify him though.
I guess it would depend on who else is available but Bennett is exactly the type of guy Seattle would look to take that risk on. William Karlsson was a 20-25 point player before going to Vegas.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad