Rumor: Flames are after Corban Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Plus there was another tweet from Stauffer suggesting that Knight has a family connection with the Flames.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Plus there was another tweet from Stauffer suggesting that Knight has a family connection with the Flames.

If that's the case, hopefully the Flames don't give up a whole lot for his rights. We can get him for free when he becomes a UFA.

A right shooting two way center, who's great at the faceoff dot (58%). This is a huge organizational need and if Feaster can do it without giving up more than a 4th rounder, I'd have some of my faith restored.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Early indications from the social media world sound encouraging. Hopefully we acquire his rights in the next couple of days.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Who is this kid? Any words for a guy who's hearing about this kid for the first time?

Talent Analysis

Simply put, Knight is a pest and the type of player that opponents hate to line up against. He skates extremely well and has a non-stop motor that takes him up and down the ice. He uses his body, his hands and his intelligence to sustain a constant attack against other team. Knight has the ability to handle the puck in traffic at high speeds, and he has a quick release and is able to get a shot off while in tight quarters. Knight shows great patience and uses his size well to protect the puck or create space in front of the net.

Future

Knight decided to return to North Dakota where he will spend his senior year continuing to hound his opponents and create chaos all over the ice. Expect an additional year or two in the AHL once his college career has ended. Knight does have the hockey sense, skills, and physical ability to become a significant checking-line contributor in the NHL once he has enough professional experience under his belt.

One of the ten Hobey Baker finalists this past season.

6'2 210lb center. Right handed shot.

Stats here -> http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38063

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I want his rights, don't want to chance another team dealing for them before he becomes a free agent and signing him. I'd give up to a third rounder, providing it's conditional that he signs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here, I don't mind

Edmonton lands a top four dman
Detroit lands a top four dman.
Calgary lands a third line grinder.

While it'd be nice to snag this guy, it's a position we have a lot of promise in already lol, third line centers, it's all we have lol... Would be nice if we had some top six centers lol.
Oh well, he'll be a nice piece in a few years when we actually have some centers to put in front of him.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

While it'd be nice to snag this guy, it's a position we have a lot of promise in already lol, third line centers, it's all we have lol... Would be nice if we had some top six centers lol.
Oh well, he'll be a nice piece in a few years when we actually have some centers to put in front of him.

I think that's all that matters. We're going to need another centre this year. I think it's great that we'll be able to field more players that are actually going to be part of the plan for the future, as opposed to plugging them with older rentals. Besides, before you knock the importance of third line centres, this guy could be Marchand.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think that's all that matters. We're going to need another centre this year. I think it's great that we'll be able to field more players that are actually going to be part of the plan for the future, as opposed to plugging them with older rentals. Besides, before you knock the importance of third line centres, this guy could be Marchand.

Who knows right :).

Now just throw Barkov and a healthy backlund in front if him and watch me smile in a couple years.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Apparently he's a Canucks fan:

Jayson Hajdu ‏@UNDSID 19 Apr 11
There is no team in pro sports more easy to dislike than the Vancouver Canucks.
Expand

Corban Knight ‏@CorbanKnight 19 Apr 11
@UNDSID Come on Haj, two words... Calgary Flames

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Expand

I have no idea how to read these. :laugh:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

Expand

Hopefully he looks at what team will provide him the best opportunity. He will get a shot at regular NHL ice time. That's not something every team can offer.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

Expand

He should be forced to play for us as a punishment then.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Who knows right :).

Now just throw Barkov and a healthy backlund in front if him and watch me smile in a couple years.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary

That's selling him short. I'd take the next coming of Stephane Yelle over that goof with the puck in Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad