Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Still, 7th would be more than enough for a guy that got waived

Sometimes I just get this vibe that Feaster is a huge sucker, no negotiating skills whatsoever

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Doesn't taking a guy off waivers change your rank in the waiver queue? I think that might have to do with why Feaster didn't claim him off waivers. He might be expecting a bigger fish to become available.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My second quote was in response to you bringing that up in the first place, what is going on lol

:laugh: Just no point in pointing out when people restate things you've already posted. We aren't getting trophies for posts here.

Are we?

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Still, 7th would be more than enough for a guy that got waived

Sometimes I just get this vibe that Feaster is a huge sucker, no negotiating skills whatsoever

One of the Best contract negotiator in the NHL IMO. Look at our contracts compared to others.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hey guys, I got an idea, we should get some signs, find Feaster and picket the living **** out of him. That's enough, we need to stop this bleeding of 5th round picks! It's destroying our team!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hey guys, I got an idea, we should get some signs, find Feaster and picket the living **** out of him. That's enough, we need to stop this bleeding of 5th round picks! It's destroying our team!

Can't tell if sarcasm... or ridiculousness.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Can't tell if sarcasm... or ridiculousness.

I'm definitely considering driving 6 hrs to picket outside Feasters house because of all the 5th round picks were losing.. What's there to be sarcastic about

:sarcasm:?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
3v2w0q.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Also should be mentioned that we got a pick for Henrik Karlsson last year despite him being on waivers beforehand.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Don't like this move but the Flames needed a defenceman. I would have preferred Jeff Schultz as a 6/7 guy instead but whatever.

Kris Russel has 364 NHL games and also has some potential. Like the Galiardi move, it will not make the team better but it also will not hurt long term. Hopefully this means the end of Smith or Butler or even both.

Brodie, Wideman, Giordano, Butler, Russel, Smith, Cundari, Breen

Gotta get rid of one or two of those guys, bring in an experienced stay at home defenceman. Also I think Wotherspoon and Ramage should be on the Heat no matter what.

Jay Feaster has made the transition from making moves that will screw up the Flames for years to come to making moves that will make no difference whatsoever. Way to go Jay! You are getting better!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Don't like this move but the Flames needed a defenceman. I would have preferred Jeff Schultz as a 6/7 guy instead but whatever.

Kris Russel has 364 NHL games and also has some potential. Like the Galiardi move, it will not make the team better but it also will not hurt long term. Hopefully this means the end of Smith or Butler or even both.

Brodie, Wideman, Giordano, Butler, Russel, Smith, Cundari, Breen

Gotta get rid of one or two of those guys, bring in an experienced stay at home defenceman. Also I think Wotherspoon and Ramage should be on the Heat no matter what.

Smith will probably see waivers and be sent down, Breen will be kept down. The Flames will probably not be in contention down the stretch, and will trade away guys at the deadline, making room for guys like Breen, Cundari, Wotherspoon and Ramage to try and make an impression, much like Carson this year got that opportunity.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Smith will probably see waivers and be sent down, Breen will be kept down. The Flames will probably not be in contention down the stretch, and will trade away guys at the deadline, making room for guys like Breen, Cundari, Wotherspoon and Ramage to try and make an impression, much like Carson this year got that opportunity.

Yup, I could see that. I found it odd that Breen didn't get a look late last season when just about all of the prospects were making their NHL debut.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yup, I could see that. I found it odd that Breen didn't get a look late last season when just about all of the prospects were making their NHL debut.

He would have but he was hurt. I'd like to see Cundari start the year with the big club.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Butler - Russel would be a solid bottom pairing.

Gio - Brodie
Wideman - ??????
Butler - Russel

Still need a top-4 D :(

Where is the defense?

Adding the inexperience goalies, 1st overall is ours to lose :handclap:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Butler - Russel would be a solid bottom pairing.

Gio - Brodie
Wideman - ??????
Butler - Russel

Still need a top-4 D :(

You've forgotten Shane O'Brien. Not surprisingly, given he's new. If I'm writing the D depth chart:

-Gio
-Wideman
-Brodie
-Russell
-SOB
-Butler
-Cundari
-Breen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad