Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Kris Russel for 5th round pick

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
At one point of time, people thought Russell was going to be a higher end d-man in the NHL.

He's still got plenty of years left in him; and maybe he can realign into that potential he once had.
Still a little guy, but definitely adds more depth into our backend.

<pats self on back>

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
One of Feaster's greatest moves. I wasn't thrilled when we got Russell but he has been this year's mvp imo. Gladly eating crow on this move.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
One of Feaster's greatest moves. I wasn't thrilled when we got Russell but he has been this year's mvp imo. Gladly eating crow on this move.

I was thrilled. He played here in Finland during the lockout season, and he was my clear favourite from the NHL-defencemen who played for TPS (Russell-Shattenkirk-Martinez). Of course it's completely different league and rink, but he played here with such a great attitude and high level. He's a true warrior and one of my favourites in today's Calgary team. :handclap:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

The only thing I didn't understand is why he traded for him when he could've picked him up on waivers (IIRC).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The only thing I didn't understand is why he traded for him when he could've picked him up on waivers (IIRC).
The Flames were at their 50 contract limit they literally could not pick him up on waivers. Plus he had filed for arbitration so the Flames had the Blues sign him before the trade occurred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad