Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Alex Chiasson for Patrick Sieloff - Chiasson signs 1 yr, 800k

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sieloff > Chiasson so I'm not enamoured.

but I guess Wotherspoon, Kulak, Culkin, Kylington, Hickey Ollas-Mattson, Falkovsky > Sieloff as far as our own LD depth goes.

Would have preferred Kanzig for Chiasson tbqh.

Ditto. Or Morrison too, although he probably doesn't have any value.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ditto. Or Morrison too, although he probably doesn't have any value.

Have to factor in here boys, Sieloff was a Feaster/Weisbrod guy. Big Zig is a BT/Burke pick. Easier to give up other people's toys.

I mean, Sieloff played forward this year in Stockton at times. I think the writing was on the wall for him as a prospect of ours.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
I'm not sure if he was a scapegoat more than you'd just totally forget about him!! Every 10 or 15 games or so he'd do something to get noticed, then fade away again... Getting a minor leaguer back for him is fine.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I like it. Fills a big organizational need. Did well under Guluztan. Who knows, might play well with Johnny and Mony

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
meh, Chiasson could do a lot better here than in Ottawa. This definitely confirms that's Raymond doesn't play with the Flames next year

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2014
Have to factor in here boys, Sieloff was a Feaster/Weisbrod guy. Big Zig is a BT/Burke pick. Easier to give up other people's toys.

I mean, Sieloff played forward this year in Stockton at times. I think the writing was on the wall for him as a prospect of ours.

Nope, Kanzig was also a Feaster pick.

FeyWest

May 14, 2014
we have a crowded bottom 6 as is and Raymond was on the outside looking in. With Chiasson there's far too many people ahead of him

I think you typo'd then if thats the case, I'm guessing you meant Raymond "Doesn't" play there next year?

FeyWest

May 14, 2014
yep sorry
I figured that's what was intended, I always hold out hope that players that struggle with Calgary end up having a rebound season, if Raymond can rebound then we have Frolik, Ferland, Raymond, Chiasson. It could actually be some average+ RW depth which would be nice.:handclap:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I like it. Fills a big organizational need. Did well under Guluztan. Who knows, might play well with Johnny and Mony
Outlook... not so good. There are at least 9 other guys I'd put there first, but would love to be wrong.

Sieloff just wasn't going to get a shot here, I guess. Might have preferred the random draft pick he might have garnered over Chiasson.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
really pumped about this! I know he was down in Ottawa, but you cannot deny how awesome he was in dallas. He could turn out to be exactly the kind of forward this teams needs.

Seiloff was a right off with our D depth.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Outlook... not so good. There are at least 9 other guys I'd put there first, but would love to be wrong.

Sieloff just wasn't going to get a shot here, I guess. Might have preferred the random draft pick he might have garnered over Chiasson.

Yeah Chiasson isn't the first option of course, but who knows, Guluztan is a players coach, Chiasson was something like a point per game when he was first called up under Guluztan, it's a possibility, I'm sure it'll be tried out

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Pat Sieloff @PatSieloff
Met a lot of great people in Calgary. Thanks for all that you have done. Beyond excited to get going with @Senators #GoSens

Good luck to Sieloff. Good kid.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This trade fills me with all sorts of meh, but it is nice to have a forward who holds their stick with their right hand lower than their left hand. I don't expect much from Chiasson, but at this point I expect even less from Sieloff.

FeyWest

May 14, 2014
Treliving loves ****** depth players.

Except it's not like we have anything to lose. 800k is peanuts for a quy that could be a 40-pt producer which is a lot more than say Bollig has ever put up. Chiasson >>>> Bollig and it's much needed RW depth.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Chiasson seems like a good guy to keep data/video on for ultimately training and teaching Eetu Tuulola.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00