Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Alex Chiasson for Patrick Sieloff - Chiasson signs 1 yr, 800k

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
#FlamesDraft @NHLFlames
TRADE ALERT! The #Flames have acquired forward Alex Chiasson from the #Sens in exchange for Patrick Sieloff.

#FlamesDraft @NHLFlames
The #Flames have signed Alex Chiasson to a one-year deal ~ cflam.es/28XWHTa

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Alex Chiasson signs a $800,000, one-year deal with #flames. Below his QO of $1.2M.

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
wow. thats a ....trade. LOL. Sieloff I don't think was ever gonna be anything for us anyways...so its a solid move. Chiasson is an NHL'er already. RW with size i like this move

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Excellent deal. Seiloff was never gonna get a shot here, so may as well get a someone who can play.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
As I said in the Armchair GM thread. I like it. Sieloff was a long shot to make the NHL anyways, and Chiasson could rebound here. it at least addresses our RW depth somewhat.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Well, there goes any chance trading Sieloff for Horvat. Weisbrod will be most displeased.

Anyway, was thinking earlier today that with the Flames drafting overager Falkovsky, something had to give with the number of defencemen on the Heat.

Kind of disappointed that it was Sieloff that was moved. Chiasson is a decent reclamation project though. Replaces Jooris or even possibly Colborne.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
For all the grief Chiasson takes; the guy is a point per three game player. Big guy, kills penalties, has some offensive ability, also does get nasty at times.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
I never liked Sieloff, but somewhat rated him, because many of you here were feeling good about him. Loose-loose situation imo.

I think this trade calls the end of the Jorris saga.
Hopefully Chiasson can be a decent 3rd or 4th liner next year.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
For all the grief Chiasson takes; the guy is a point per three game player. Big guy, kills penalties, has some offensive ability, also does get nasty at times.

He's been next to useless in Ottawa. Imagine a ******** Colborne, with less offense.

Really hope he can look like he did in Dallas.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like chiasson. Was awesome his first few games in ottawa. Had some good games here and there. If he can get on the same page as the coach and build some consistency he's an asset in the bottom 6.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
In camp I'd like to see what he can do besides Sam, or even Johnny. Who knows. could be that big bodied RW that plays well with Johnny we've been looking for.
even tho I know its a smaller chance he becomes that good, never know tho.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Sieloff > Chiasson so I'm not enamoured.

but I guess Wotherspoon, Kulak, Culkin, Kylington, Hickey Ollas-Mattson, Falkovsky > Sieloff as far as our own LD depth goes.

Would have preferred Kanzig for Chiasson tbqh.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Guys, don't expect much from Chiasson. There's a reason all of us Sens fans are happy he's gone.

Maybe if you put him in front of the net on the PP he will score some goals, but he's rather underwhelming everywhere else.

Good luck next season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, don't expect much from Chiasson. There's a reason all of us Sens fans are happy he's gone.

Maybe if you put him in front of the net on the PP he will score some goals, but he's rather underwhelming everywhere else.

Good luck next season.

I think it's a trade of two guys in similar situation. The shine has worn off of Sieloff as a prospect (I know a lot of that is injury-based and out of his control, but still) just like the shine has worn off of Chiasson as a player.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Things are kinda crammed in the bottom six for the Flames. Gotta think something else happens there?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Think this likely means the end of Jooris as a Flame, either via trade or lack of QO.

Any number on Chiasson's new deal?

Edit: 800K

If he sucks, then no real penalty to sending him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00