Flame fried Octopus SEA(12-14-9) @ CGY(14-15-5) 7:30pm MST SN1

Where does your magic 8 ball say the Flames finish the regular season in the league standings?

• 1-5 (sure jan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Macklin Celebrini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We're picking 4th-6th this year. Too many things wrong with this team, hard to even know where to begin

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Thought the Flames were the better team and deserved to win. Deserve doesn't really count for shit tho. This is what your team looks like when your most consistent scoring fwds are a rookie and a career 3rd liner. I know the PP scored a goal but it still cost them the game, never seems to be able to finish when needed.

Good - Pospisil was everywhere. What a madman. Sharangovich one of the few fwds making good things happen with the puck on his stick. Actually thought the top 4 defense had a pretty good night all things considered, but missed the first GA. Andersson and Hanifin very active both defending and attacking. Coleman could have had 2-3G but didn't.

Not bad - Zary had more rookie moments than usual but still had the puck a lot. Liked his 3rd especially. Naz had it in the right end of the rink most of the night. Marky can't really put it on him, 2nd best goalie and 1st shot goes in again tho. DeSimone had some good pinches. Didn't mind Dube for the first time in a while, something to build off maybe. Duehr was alright, can't say the 4th line looked better without Ruz.

Not good - Lindy a 8+ million dollar player finishes there man. Greer just kind of running around, several turnovers at our blueline. Backs trying to feather too many passes through defenders, needs to just shoot and drive net.

:dunno: - Huberdeau, actually had a little jump I thought but just way too easy to keep to the perimeter. Time for him to go to a different line.

Bad - Mangiapane another space cadet game. Either on his ass or losing the puck, many times both at once. Gilbert just shouldn't be an everyday NHLer, don't mind him as a #7 but yeah.. surely there's better options.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
As much as we rag Huberdeau, Mangipane is practically stealing pay checks as far as I’m concerned. A complete spirit out there. Invisible in sight and touch. Completely non existent.
Mangi is still outscoring Hubes though. Hell, last 10 games (Including tonight), Mangi has 1 goal, 3 points. Hubes has no points. I do agree that Mangi isn't playing well, but there's a big difference in an 0.5 ppg 5.8 million winger, and an 0.5 ppg 10.5 million winger

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Mangi is still outscoring Hubes though. Hell, last 10 games (Including tonight), Mangi has 1 goal, 3 points. Hubes has no points. I do agree that Mangi isn't playing well, but there's a big difference in an 0.5 ppg 5.8 million winger, and an 0.5 ppg 10.5 million winger

DeSimone and Gilbert are out scoring Huberdeau in the last month. You and me have the same amount of points as Huberdeau does in the last month. Everyone is out scoring Huberdeau in the last month. Mangiapane having a goal and two assists in the same time doesn’t mean there’s a big difference. A goal and two assists since November 30 for a 5.8m winger is pathetic.

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
GCaQshBXIAIdGNp.jpeg

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you watched last night game, huberdeau actually made a couple of good plays that his team mates failed to score. I couldn’t remember a single good thing that Mangi did.

Both of course are not earning their pay checks

Reactions: Tofveve

Khrox

May 31, 2018
DeSimone and Gilbert are out scoring Huberdeau in the last month. You and me have the same amount of points as Huberdeau does in the last month. Everyone is out scoring Huberdeau in the last month. Mangiapane having a goal and two assists in the same time doesn’t mean there’s a big difference. A goal and two assists since November 30 for a 5.8m winger is pathetic.
Yes, in the last month Mangi has 3 more points than Hubes. But like, on the season as a whole, Mangi is also outscoring Hubes in less games played (admittedly only 2 more points and in 1 less game).

Not saying Mangi is earning his pay (he really isn't), but again, a 5.8 mil winger vs 10.5 mil winger have very very different expectations, and Mangi is closer to his than Hubes is.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
We're picking 4th-6th this year. Too many things wrong with this team, hard to even know where to begin

I don't think we crack that bottom 5, Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, San Jose and Ottawa won't be caught. Maaaaybe Ottawa because I don't think their roster is actually that bad and they have a ton of games in hand; their goal differential is only -1 which points to them eventually rising up the standings.

I think we finish with Buffalo, Seattle and Montreal for the 6-8 spot. From there it's all down to the lottery, the odds have been flattened out so much the past few years that after last place pretty much everyone has the same shitty odds, even last place has crap odds at 25.5%.

If we don't win the lottery, I'd go for a d-man.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't think we crack that bottom 5, Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, San Jose and Ottawa won't be caught. Maaaaybe Ottawa because I don't think their roster is actually that bad and they have a ton of games in hand; their goal differential is only -1 which points to them eventually rising up the standings.

I think we finish with Buffalo, Seattle and Montreal for the 6-8 spot. From there it's all down to the lottery, the odds have been flattened out so much the past few years that after last place pretty much everyone has the same shitty odds, even last place has crap odds at 25.5%.

If we don't win the lottery, I'd go for a d-man.
Our defense at some point this season will turn into:

Weegar-Andersson
Oesterle/Cap dump-Cap dump
Gilbert/Solovyov-DeSimone/Pysyk

That’s a team that could go winless for the rest of the season (shoutout Detroit Pistons)

• Haha

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Our defense at some point this season will turn into:

Weegar-Andersson
Oesterle/Cap dump-Cap dump
Gilbert/Solovyov-DeSimone/Pysyk

That’s a team that could go winless for the rest of the season (shoutout Detroit Pistons)
True, depends on when we get rid of them too though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00