Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Gustav Forsling signs extension with the Panthers (8 years, $5.75M AAV)

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Okay. So he took $5.75M instead of $8-9M in your estimation, despite being elite in almost every metric because...why exactly? He just felt like it? Florida has that massive a tax advantage? He's just a real good guy looking out for the Panthers best interests over his own on top of being elite in almost every situation per the metrics?

It's just such a deeply uncritical state of dissonance to me, to believe so fervently that he's an $8-9M player elite in nearly every situation by every "metric"...who signed at just $5.75M instead. Yet not really have any apparent curiosity or openness to potential explanations or critiques that might explain some of that very wide gulf.

You say i'm misinformed about his play since he came to Florida, as though fans of other teams aren't allowed to watch Panthers games or something. Maybe you don't watch other team's games, but a lot of fans, including myself...do watch a lot of other team's games. In fact...it can even be really helpful in forming better grounded opinions on all sorts of players around the league, with more critical context. Including a more honest assessment of where your own favourite team's players actually stand within that.
I’d recommend watching more panthers games, you’re missing out

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Was listening to Bill Zito in the Got yer back podcast and he was quite candid about his advantages.
They built their practice facility in a place where most of the players drive golf carts there.

It's worth noting that the Canucks are the ONLY team in the NHL without a dedicated practise facility.

• Wow
Reactions: RogerRoger

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
1709909830769.jpeg

Reactions: RogerRoger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad