Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CGY] Matthew Tkachuk, c. 2025 4th for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, c. 2025 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think you're are being overly sensitive but sorry to have hurt your feelings since I obviously have.

Edit: let me put this another way... sorry you took offense to what I said. I was just trying to illustrate my point by using a real world scenario.

My feelings or calling Tkachuk our boyfriend has no value in this thread.
This snowflake apology from you means f*** all to me.

I'm here to talk hockey.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I want to see Tkachuk play without Gaudreau. I see huge regression coming here. Johnny drove that line and Kindy and Tkachuk had the skill set to benefit from absolute elite play making. I say less than 80 points this year for Chucky.

This keeps being said, do people forget that Barkov, Reinhart, and Lundell on the team!? Mostly Barkov.

I think you're are being overly sensitive but sorry to have hurt your feelings since I obviously have.

Edit: let me put this another way... sorry you took offense to what I said. I was just trying to illustrate my point by using a real world scenario.

Ah, so troll gonna troll. Gotcha.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
And how do you explain Lindholm being second in Selke voting? I guess....members of the Professional Hockey Writer's Association aren't analysts?
Because he played as a center in perfect 5v5 line? If a stable line gets excellent two-way results, centers usually get more reward for it, no matter who actually contributed more. He is probably good defensively, but is he elite?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I find it helps that Flames fans know everything, they teach us Panthers fans all we need to know.
How good we will be this year and how sucky Tkachuk is but how amazing Huberdeau and Weegar will be for them
I think you're the one trying to educate Flames fans on a player they have watched every night since he has been drafted based on an article you read. I do not see Flames fans doing what you say they are doing.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I want to see Tkachuk play without Gaudreau. I see huge regression coming here. Johnny drove that line and Kindy and Tkachuk had the skill set to benefit from absolute elite play making. I say less than 80 points this year for Chucky.

I think Tkachuk easily would pair well with Barkov on paper to imitate what he did last season. He's essentially a combo of Lindholm and Gaudreau.

I think he will be great with Bennett as well which would be a high chaos/randomness ozone pressure type line. Both those guys on a line in theory would turn opposition creases into complete chaos break dancing zones. Bennett like Hall IMO thrive on chaos. Tkachuk is a master at chaos, but has never been paired with guys who love playing in that type of chaos.

Like I said though, Tkachuk is a catalyst and not a driver. It's not an issue, you just have to be aware that he cannot jump start a line. If his line mates slump, he slumps one of the hardest on the line. If his line mates are on fire, he seems better than them. However I also say stylistically, there's a lot with huberdeau and Tkachuk. I'm sure the Panthers will figure out how to game plan and build chemistry with him easily.

The Flames also had major issues with foot speed across their roster which amplified a slumping Tkachuk. I don't believe the Panthers have such an issue. Their overall roster is much faster across the board. Their floor on a slumping Tkachuk might be higher than the Flames' floor with Tkachuk. Again, real play will be required to know for sure, but there has been enough glimpses on the Flames to be optimistic he should work exceptionally well on the Panthers roster even if it looks slightly different than what is imagined right now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think you're the one trying to educate Flames fans on a player they have watched every night since he has been drafted based on an article you read. I do not see Flames fans doing what you say they are doing.

Read the entire thread?

I asked for some evidence of Tkachuk and Lindholm and you asked me how many games I watched them play when bringing up the article.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm not sure. Barkov can be setup man. Overall, the problem with our PP was lack of shooting & sometimes net presence. Huberdeau is elite passer, but he is also predictable in terms of prefererring to try to make perfect pass than just shoot.

Huberdeau isn't fast and he also likes to float a lot and wait for stretch passes at the blue line.

If you start with thinking of Tkachuk like Huberdeau, it'll make sense. Tkachuk can be your guy in front of the net and put ridiculous angled shots on net.

I think the Panthers style shouldn't change drastically with the Tkachuk v Huberdeau + Weegar swap. But with Gaudreau's departure, the Flames likely have to modify their style.

I think we will be fine integrating huberdeau and Weegar, but I'm not truly certain how we replace Gaudreau's zone entries contributions to the team. But if Panthers fans are staying that it likely had something to do with Weegar rushing from the back end like a winger regularly, then that's something we are familiar with with Andersson, Hanifin and Kylington. I just don't know if that's as simple as how it might look all the time. Or if some additional form of forward zone entry will transpire.

This mystery is one big reason why I can't wait for the season to start to see it play out on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think Tkachuk easily would pair well with Barkov on paper to imitate what he did last season. He's essentially a combo of Lindholm and Gaudreau.

I think he will be great with Bennett as well which would be a high chaos/randomness ozone pressure type line. Both those guys on a line in theory would turn opposition creases into complete chaos break dancing zones. Bennett like Hall IMO thrive on chaos. Tkachuk is a master at chaos, but has never been paired with guys who love playing in that type of chaos.

Like I said though, Tkachuk is a catalyst and not a driver. It's not an issue, you just have to be aware that he cannot jump start a line. If his line mates slump, he slumps one of the hardest on the line. If his line mates are on fire, he seems better than them. However I also say stylistically, there's a lot with huberdeau and Tkachuk. I'm sure the Panthers will figure out how to game plan and build chemistry with him easily.

The Flames also had major issues with foot speed across their roster which amplified a slumping Tkachuk. I don't believe the Panthers have such an issue. Their overall roster is much faster across the board. Their floor on a slumping Tkachuk might be higher than the Flames' floor with Tkachuk. Again, real play will be required to know for sure, but there has been enough glimpses on the Flames to be optimistic he should work exceptionally well on the Panthers roster even if it looks slightly different than what is imagined right now.

Very well put, thank you for the honest write up. Both teams will have some growing pains, but all players (especially the top 3) involved have the skill and ability to adjust quickly. Their teams will figure out how to get the most out of their guys as well.

I’ve said Weegar is good to great 95% of the time but that other 5% can be pretty bad, but I fully expect Sutter to work most of that out of him. He’s going to a great system. Huby is Huby, he’ll lift you out of your seat, you’ll wonder at times why he doesn’t use his excellent shot, but a lot of the time you’ll be amazed at his vision on a pass.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol. So ridiculous making the argument that gaudreau and Tkachuk were pumping the defensive numbers for Lindholm. Two of the slowest most offensively orientated players in the league.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Try to remember it doesn’t include PP1 time and even then the main driver on PP1 is Huberdeau and not Barkov.

Be prepared for Florida to regress without having an elite playmaker setting everyone up for easy goals.

Sorry to tell everyone.

Bennett will regress back to Bennett Flames fans will tell you is useless and lazy.

Florida will replace Huberdeau as the setup man on PP1 with Reinhart and quite frankly there is a massive drop in quality.

The only reason Tkachuk is scoring all these highlight goals is the fact he had both Gaudreau as well as Lindholm setting him up over and over.

Watch video and you are going to quick see Tkachuk is an absolutely lazy floater.

He likes to sit at the opponents blue line waiting for stretch passes as it’s the only way he can have any success on the rush as his foot speed is not only below average in fact his skating is likely one of the absolute weakest parts of his game.

Everyone assumes Tkachuk is going to have no issues hitting 90-100 points with Barkov and really why is that?

Barkov is absolutely inferior to every possible manner in terms of offence and playmaking compared to Gaudreau.

Lindholm is absolutely equal to Barkov in terms of offensive skills. Barlow if anything has an ever slightly better two way game.

I don’t think anyone realizes Lindholm should have hands down won the Selke last year and it shouldn’t have been close.

Lindholm put up 40g while putting up top 10 +\- numbers while playing PP1/PK1 time.

Yet Lindholm apparently isn’t a #1C.

News flash. Lind hole is a very good #1C he’s just not as generational on offence compared to others.

Either way with Tkachuk on Florida my guess is 25-30 goals and 30-35 assists.

I was so god damn happy when his lazy fat drunk daddy told him not to sign in Calgary. The guy and his family is an absolute embarrassment.

Keith Tkachuk was sitting there at the games not just getting drunk but getting absolutely hammered beyond belief all because the flames provided free passes to the entire Tkachuk entourage.

I’m actually surprised the league allows this crap. It was an absolute disgrace during the playoffs. But hey congrats on having that same big fat drunk cheering your team on.

To be honest I didn’t even like the flames pick of Tkachuk at the draft.

The flames were 100% set to draft either Sergachev or Keller had the Vancouver Canucks not made the stupidest move in franchise history drafting Juolevi.

Not only did they take Juolevi ahead of Tkachuk they also took him ahead of Sergachev and Keller. Was as bad or worse than Florida taking Drouin 3 years earlier.

You do not win championships when you have selfish players like the Tkachuks playing on your team. Daddy Tkachuk has taught his boys they are above the team and their needs come ahead of their teammates.

Tkachuks are the type of players you lose with, not win with. The only way we ever see a Tkachuk hoisting a cup is only if they are a complimentary piece and not a primary top line player.

Tkachuks always place themselves ahead of anyone else on the team.

Will laugh when Florida misses the playoffs this year. If you don’t think it’s possible take a look at the D again.
Lindholm played 15 more games than Barkov and was still 6 points short while a part of one of the best lines in hockey.

But yes, definitely equal offensively if Barkov misses a quarter of the season.

Reactions: Laus723

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Lol. So ridiculous making the argument that gaudreau and Tkachuk were pumping the defensive numbers for Lindholm. Two of the slowest most offensively orientated players in the league.

The sample size is small as Lindholm barely spent any time away from Tkachuk last year, but Lindholm was downright bad both offensively and defensively when he didn't have Tkachuk on the ice with him. (The blue square on the bottom left is Lindholm without Tkachuk.)

1661312631983.png

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Try to remember it doesn’t include PP1 time and even then the main driver on PP1 is Huberdeau and not Barkov.

Be prepared for Florida to regress without having an elite playmaker setting everyone up for easy goals.

Sorry to tell everyone.

Bennett will regress back to Bennett Flames fans will tell you is useless and lazy.

Florida will replace Huberdeau as the setup man on PP1 with Reinhart and quite frankly there is a massive drop in quality.

The only reason Tkachuk is scoring all these highlight goals is the fact he had both Gaudreau as well as Lindholm setting him up over and over.

Watch video and you are going to quick see Tkachuk is an absolutely lazy floater.

He likes to sit at the opponents blue line waiting for stretch passes as it’s the only way he can have any success on the rush as his foot speed is not only below average in fact his skating is likely one of the absolute weakest parts of his game.

Everyone assumes Tkachuk is going to have no issues hitting 90-100 points with Barkov and really why is that?

Barkov is absolutely inferior to every possible manner in terms of offence and playmaking compared to Gaudreau.

Lindholm is absolutely equal to Barkov in terms of offensive skills. Barlow if anything has an ever slightly better two way game.

I don’t think anyone realizes Lindholm should have hands down won the Selke last year and it shouldn’t have been close.

Lindholm put up 40g while putting up top 10 +\- numbers while playing PP1/PK1 time.

Yet Lindholm apparently isn’t a #1C.

News flash. Lind hole is a very good #1C he’s just not as generational on offence compared to others.

Either way with Tkachuk on Florida my guess is 25-30 goals and 30-35 assists.

I was so god damn happy when his lazy fat drunk daddy told him not to sign in Calgary. The guy and his family is an absolute embarrassment.

Keith Tkachuk was sitting there at the games not just getting drunk but getting absolutely hammered beyond belief all because the flames provided free passes to the entire Tkachuk entourage.

I’m actually surprised the league allows this crap. It was an absolute disgrace during the playoffs. But hey congrats on having that same big fat drunk cheering your team on.

To be honest I didn’t even like the flames pick of Tkachuk at the draft.

The flames were 100% set to draft either Sergachev or Keller had the Vancouver Canucks not made the stupidest move in franchise history drafting Juolevi.

Not only did they take Juolevi ahead of Tkachuk they also took him ahead of Sergachev and Keller. Was as bad or worse than Florida taking Drouin 3 years earlier.

You do not win championships when you have selfish players like the Tkachuks playing on your team. Daddy Tkachuk has taught his boys they are above the team and their needs come ahead of their teammates.

Tkachuks are the type of players you lose with, not win with. The only way we ever see a Tkachuk hoisting a cup is only if they are a complimentary piece and not a primary top line player.

Tkachuks always place themselves ahead of anyone else on the team.

Will laugh when Florida misses the playoffs this year. If you don’t think it’s possible take a look at the D again.
As a Flames fan, this is the most unhinged post in the entire thread.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
The sample size is small as Lindholm barely spent any time away from Tkachuk last year, but Lindholm was downright bad both offensively and defensively when he didn't have Tkachuk on the ice with him. (The blue square on the bottom left is Lindholm without Tkachuk.)

View attachment 579162

You shouldn't post these because people with different narratives get angry and confused.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If you start with thinking of Tkachuk like Huberdeau, it'll make sense. Tkachuk can be your guy in front of the net and put ridiculous angled shots on net.

I think the Panthers style shouldn't change drastically with the Tkachuk v Huberdeau + Weegar swap. But with Gaudreau's departure, the Flames likely have to modify their style.

I think we will be fine integrating huberdeau and Weegar, but I'm not truly certain how we replace Gaudreau's zone entries contributions to the team. But if Panthers fans are staying that it likely had something to do with Weegar rushing from the back end like a winger regularly, then that's something we are familiar with with Andersson, Hanifin and Kylington. I just don't know if that's as simple as how it might look all the time. Or if some additional form of forward zone entry will transpire.

This mystery is one big reason why I can't wait for the season to start to see it play out on the ice.
That’s part of the reason the Panthers struggled defensively, the dmen were always rushing from the back end like a winger.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That’s part of the reason the Panthers struggled defensively, the dmen were always rushing from the back end like a winger.

The Flames do this regularly, but have more structure for a forward to cover for the dman. Unfortunately their zone entries without Gaudreau kinda suck, so our issue might be entering the zone with a forward or dman rather than purely the defensive side of the game. Neutral zone clogs might be the dearth of us and that might look a bit like the boring paint dry Sutter stuff from LA. If Flames can figure out zone entries, then it might be relentless. But if not, then we'd easily be neutral zone trapped.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
While not a burner he has above average speed but elite quickness from stop to go and as you said his edges are crazy good, overall he's probably a top 5 skater.
He's definitely a top skater. In a pure footrace from one end of the ice to the other, he'd be pretty average. I even doubt above average speed honestly. Likely below average.

There are lots of guys who can skate really fast in over direction, but have no ability to evade and have awful control. Gaudreau is the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad