Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CGY] Matthew Tkachuk, c. 2025 4th for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, c. 2025 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
For all the geniuses on this ongoing roundtable, who has the harder slapshot out of the two? That would also go along way to determining which team is better off now.
Hubie’s, umm, biggest fan on Panthers page used to fondly call him the muffin man.
:naughty: his muffin shot is why he’s become such a great set up man, after all :rolleyes:

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Its often been stated on here that Huberdeau wasn't the line driver on his line. If he wasn't who was?

Sorry what does this even mean? It’s often been stated here? By who?

Find me an “often” conglomerate of Panther fans who suggest anything of the sort.

Keep fake news away. Your point is invalid. Thank you.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sorry what does this even mean? It’s often been stated here? By who?

Find me an “often” conglomerate of Panther fans who suggest anything of the sort.

Keep fake news away. Your point is invalid. Thank you.
I've read statements from multiple Panther fans that Huberdeau isn't a line driver so often that its etched on my brain. Sorry but I'm not going to go through every Panther fan post to find corroborating evidence. Believe me or don't believe me.
You on the other hand, seem to be the only poster that disputes that statement of Huberdeau's driving ability.
Sorry but the only fake news here seems to be your assertion that he is a line driver.. and if you are right and everyone else is wrong... I'll be very happy.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I've read statements from multiple Panther fans that Huberdeau isn't a line driver so often that its etched on my brain. Sorry but I'm not going to go through every Panther fan post to find corroborating evidence. Believe me or don't believe me.
You on the other hand, seem to be the only poster that disputes that statement of Huberdeau's driving ability.
Sorry but the only fake news here seems to be your assertion that he is a line driver.. and if you are right and everyone else is wrong... I'll be very happy.
Considering I’ve seldom if ever even heard of the term “line driver” I’m gonna once again ask “who has said this?” While I do not speak for all Panther fans, I’m comfortable saying most will agree with the statement that Huberdeau and Barkov were intentionally kept separated for much of the year in order to fiels “two first lines” and, depending upon the time of year, one was the mega superstar with all the magic. While Barkov could “make anyone look good,” Huberdeau’s ability was perhaps less contagious, but literally zero Panther fans would assert that Huberdeau, a playmaker, was somehow in any way a product of other players.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well Tkachuk in his entire post season career has been invisible/terrible. I can count on 1 hand the amount of post season games Chucky showed up for (spoiler, it's 2), and he's played more than Huberdeau (who has 6 more post season points). I thought this would be the year, but alas only Gaudreau (and lindy) showed up and seemed to want it.

Florida got one of the best Flames post-season players in Bennett and one of the Flames worst in Tkachuk. Tkachuk will never hit 100 points again, Gaudreau propped his point totals up so much.
I'll have to take your word for it. I haven't watched Tkachuk play all that much. And hardly any in the post season. Hopefully the change of scenery will do him some good.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lines look good. That's one solid top 9 group.

Capture3.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Lines look good. That's one solid top 9 group.

View attachment 579564
Unless Pelletier has an amazing pre season he's not going to get a spot on the 2nd line. Frankly, its more likely he starts the season in the AHL since he's one of the few good players that the Flames have that is waiver exempt. Unless trades are made Valimaki and Ruzicka will likely be on the Flames roster as they are not waiver exempt and unlikely to clear waivers if the Flames try to send them to the minors.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
This thread is a goldmine. Flames fans trashed Tkachuk so much. Glad to see him doing well.

"Huberdeau is far away the better offensive player"

"Tkachuk is slow & not an impact player"

"Mangiapane will replace Tkachuk's production IMO and someone else would have to fill in for Mangiapane's production.

"Huberdeau probably won’t push much beyond 90 points with the Flames, it’s true. But don’t hold your breath waiting for Tkachuk to even come close to that level"

"The guy isn’t a 100 point guy, even though he put up 104 points last year. Gaudreau and Lindholm drove that line and Chucky was there to clean up. Never saw the guy take over a game in his entire tenure as a Flame"

"The only reason Tkachuk is scoring all these highlight goals is the fact he had both Gaudreau as well as Lindholm setting him up over and over. Either way with Tkachuk on Florida my guess is 25-30 goals and 30-35 assists. You do not win championships when you have selfish players like the Tkachuks playing on your team. Daddy Tkachuk has taught his boys they are above the team and their needs come ahead of their teammates."

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
This thread is a goldmine. Flames fans trashed Tkachuk so much. Glad to see him doing well.

"Mangiapane will replace Tkachuk's production IMO and someone else would have to fill in for Mangiapane's production.

"Huberdeau probably won’t push much beyond 90 points with the Flames, it’s true. But don’t hold your breath waiting for Tkachuk to even come close to that level"

"The guy isn’t a 100 point guy, even though he put up 104 points last year. Gaudreau and Lindholm drove that line and Chucky was there to clean up. Never saw the guy take over a game in his entire tenure as a Flame"

"The only reason Tkachuk is scoring all these highlight goals is the fact he had both Gaudreau as well as Lindholm setting him up over and over. Either way with Tkachuk on Florida my guess is 25-30 goals and 30-35 assists. You do not win championships when you have selfish players like the Tkachuks playing on your team. Daddy Tkachuk has taught his boys they are above the team and their needs come ahead of their teammates."
Brutal way for them to find out Florida hockey fans that live on the beach understand the sport of hockey more than some folks in Canada

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

Of course they’re going to trash him. He basically gave the middle finger to the franchise. Anyone who does that is going to get the same response. What did you expect? For them to call him a super nice guy and wish him all the best?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thank god I didn't pee pee caca Florida over this trade. I will say I am surprised by Tkachuk's production though, I was thinking he would be close to a ppg this season than what he is doing. Congrats to Florida.
You've always been one of the level headed Flames fan.
Just remember 4-5 names who went above and beyond to laugh at this trade and Florida fans in general.

Of course they’re going to trash him. He basically gave the middle finger to the franchise. Anyone who does that is going to get the same response. What did you expect? For them to call him a super nice guy and wish him all the best?
He did the Flames a favor of doing the first sign and trade so what the hell do you know about him giving the middle finger?

He was honest with Treliving and got him tons of value, go take a lap and reflect on your silly opinions

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
You've always been one of the level headed Flames fan.
Just remember 4-5 names who went above and beyond to laugh at this trade and Florida fans in general.

He did the Flames a favor of doing the first sign and trade so what the hell do you know about him giving the middle finger?

He was honest with Treliving and got him tons of value, go take a lap and reflect on your silly opinions
He told the team he wouldn‘t re-sign with them. Sorry but that’s not going to win you any fans with the franchise.

Was it better than what Gaudreau did? Maybe. I don’t think people on these boards understand how angry Flames fans are in general though. They drafted Tkachuk and Gaudreau, developed them and then had both players dump on them. Expecting a nice, reasonable reaction is unrealistic.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He told the team he wouldn‘t re-sign with them. Sorry but that’s not going to win you any fans with the franchise.

Was it better than what Gaudreau did? Maybe. I don’t think people on these boards understand how angry Flames fans are in general though. They drafted Tkachuk and Gaudreau, developed them and then had both players dump on them. Expecting a nice, reasonable reaction is unrealistic.
He provided Calgary with 7 years of service, that's within his rights to do when asking for a trade or telling them he won't re-sign.

Like I said, Tkachuk didn't have to sign WITH Calgary for 8 years and get them 4 assets in return...

Reactions: Hatter of the Beach

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think this trade gradually gets worse for flames, but treliving did well under the circumstances.
I think it’s the peak of their new era. Huby only getting paid 4.9 million this season. This is the best version of Huberdeau that Flames will ever see. I just think it’s kind of sad that Hubys going out like Bobrovsky. Treleving had no choice. It was still a good play on his part.

Reactions: centipede2233

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I mean if huby can put a 90 pt season together at some point, retain 2.5 mil and he becomes a valued asset.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We lost the trade. Plain and simple. Congrats Panthers fans. Go ahead and rub it in
I think both Huby and Weegar will get it going eventually and then the Flames will be a strong team. But the fact is the team that gets the player 5 years younger who are similar in abilities usually wins the trade. I don't care about giving up the 1st and Schwindt really, when Tkachuk is an elite talent. That mid-late 1st rounder isn't gonna turn out anywhere near Tkachuk. I echo other sentiments that Treliving did the best he could with the hand he was dealt. It's not like he was starting from a level playing field.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
You can still turn it around and it doesn’t have to take 9 years. There is something you guys could do with Huberdeau, but hfboards is not ready to have that conversation yet.
Sutter is too stuck in his ways to change the way the teams plays for him to generate more offense
Oh you mean the Panthers who don’t have any first round picks for the next 10 decades and play 2 NHL defenders and 3 AHL defenders for a total of 5 defenders on some nights?
That’s irrelevant to this specific trade. Tkachuk has been playing up to expectations. Huberdeau hasn’t.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I think both Huby and Weegar will get it going eventually and then the Flames will be a strong team. But the fact is the team that gets the player 5 years younger who are similar in abilities usually wins the trade. I don't care about giving up the 1st and Schwindt really, when Tkachuk is an elite talent. That mid-late 1st rounder isn't gonna turn out anywhere near Tkachuk. I echo other sentiments that Treliving did the best he could with the hand he was dealt. It's not like he was starting from a level playing field.
If Flames win the cup during Weegar and Huberdeau's time there and Panthers don't win a cup with Tkachuk, Flames will definitely be seen as the winner of the trade. Doesn't matter that Tkachuk is younger then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille