Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Sam Reinhart for Devon Levi and 2022 1st round pick

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
No you didnt?

Your putting that on a 18-20yr old lol

That was a tank job to get top players. Tallon did the same thing in Chicago

Huberdeau no. They were going to be bad 2010 regardless. That was Tallon's first year.

2011 we made the playoffs. Negative goal differential and all so it was luck.

But when you miss on a top 3 pick it sets franchises back since you count on those picks to boost your team.
Tallon had two first round picks in 2010

Gudbranson at 3rd and Bjugstad at 19. He chose Doonskoi and Hyman late but neither wanted to sign.

2010 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

See for yourself. Tallon had a terrible 2010 draft

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Huberdeau no. They were going to be bad 2010 regardless. That was Tallon's first year.

2011 we made the playoffs. Negative goal differential and all so it was luck.

But when you miss on a top 3 pick it sets franchises back since you count on those picks to boost your team.
Tallon had two first round picks in 2010

Gudbranson at 3rd and Bjugstad at 19. He chose Doonskoi and Hyman late but neither wanted to sign.

2010 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

See for yourself. Tallon had a terrible 2010 draft
was the tear down "ill advised" getting your best 3 players?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
was the tear down "ill advised" getting your best 3 players?

Did you miss the part I said I disagree that a tear down ill advised?

And like I said, Tallon didn't tank on purpose to get Barkov and Ekblad.

Huberdeau was happening anyway. He didn't win a division title in 2011 then tank on purpose

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I do think the Sabres could be steered into the right direction, but it happens very slowly. I see them going for a playoff spot by 2024-25 and looking deadly in 2025-26.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Same dude. I’m at the point where I only watch the team when someone makes their Sabres and/or NHL debut. And I’ve been a fan of this team since the season before Hasek.

I started caring about sports/the Sabres right around the same time. I'm with you, I went from spending every waking hour following the team through college to not even watching unless, like you said, there's an NHL or team debut. I'm actively beginning to care about the Hurricanes since they're only a couple hours away from me now and I feel dirty doing it but this Sabres squad is just haunted by a loser mentality.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
With Devon Levi signing today and Jiri Kulich looking good, this should be a nice building block trade result for Buffalo.
I hated the trade at first, but Levi has insane potential. Today, I would do it again.

I hope Reinhart is working out well for Florida, though. He's a trooper.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
This trade will finally be complete once Reinhart resigns as a UFA for league minimum and lifts the cup!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With Devon Levi signing today and Jiri Kulich looking good, this should be a nice building block trade result for Buffalo.

Think it worked for both teams.
Florida can likely recoup most of the value out of Reinhart in July if need be, whether in picks/prospects or for a top 4 D who FLA re-signs.

Was very sad to see Levi part of the deal, the guy is a gamer and will always cheer for him, hope he has a long career ahead.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Very hard to say yet, Levi is still a long shot. You never know until these guys step on the nhl ice and actually produce. Reinhart is an established and a very good nhler who has produced a lot of value so far for the Panthers.
For what the assets actually become in the long run…yes. But it is notable that what was a low first and a 7th round goalie in return for a player that wasnt going to re-sign with the team turned into two prospects the caliber of what Kulich and Levi look like right now. Development is what it is…but this is a nice job turning an asset you couldn’t keep into the level of prospects they did.

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Very hard to say yet, Levi is still a long shot. You never know until these guys step on the nhl ice and actually produce. Reinhart is an established and a very good nhler who has produced a lot of value so far for the Panthers.
Sure, but almost two years later it wouldn’t be unheard of to say your late 1st pick and prospect look generally like depreciating assets.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
To be fair, Sabres traded only one year of Reinhart. He was never ever going to ink another contract in Buffalo.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Think it worked for both teams.
Florida can likely recoup most of the value out of Reinhart in July if need be, whether in picks/prospects or for a top 4 D who FLA re-signs.

Was very sad to see Levi part of the deal, the guy is a gamer and will always cheer for him, hope he has a long career ahead.
I loved Levi more than most but it was clear he was blocked by Knight and I don't think he would have signed.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I loved Levi more than most but it was clear he was blocked by Knight and I don't think he would have signed.

Or we (in a perfect world) could have had a shot at a Knight-Levi tandem one day.
Luongo found a good one in Levi, his heart and athletic ability will get him to at least a backup if he hits floor of his potential IMO.

Ya the size is a knock but he makes up for it in other ways and mostly agree with you, with both Bob and Knight, it was long shot he inked as a Panther.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad