OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What is "long ass flight" ?

It won't kill you anyway.
Only 3+ hours lol but I find when I have to be confined in a seat for a while the day after a heavy back/DL workout, my back can tighten up, even just going to a movie will do it. Have big plans for golf, biking, tennis, swimming, surfing, snorkling etc so don't want to be dealing with a sore back. Prolly just gonna go light to be safe.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Would you guys mind sharing what you eat during a typical day ? I've been on some kind of plan but I am kind of uncertain it works. Never had weight issue or anything so it's hard to determine if it's optimal for me. I eat 6x a day and I go the the gym at 8:30.

Breakfast (~7:30) : 2 eggs white + bagel + greek yogurt
Around 10 : Protein shake + salad (well, most of the time just the shake)
Lunch (around 12:30) : Pasta + salad (It's here that I am a little skeptical..... why pasta, maybe you can guys give your opinion/suggestions)
Around 15:00 : greek yogurt + muffin
Diner (17h30) : 150g meat + 100g veggies
Around 20:00 : Protein shake + almonds

3L of water each day.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mon-Fri I generally eat the same thing:

1. Toast with some avocado/almond or peanut butter and coffee
2. Late Lunch Smoothie, loaded with greens, frozen berries, oats, and seeds (hemp, chia, flax)
3. Post Workout Protein Shake
4. Post workout meal which is usually smoked tofu on hummus toast
5. Late Dinner, mix it up with stirfrys, lasagna, pastas, sushi, burritos, burgers, shepards pie, curries, etc just try and build it around beans, greens, and grains. Usually have a desert or a couple of beers.

Weekends I usually just hammer anything and everything, lots of junk, alcohol, pizzas etc

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Hopefully the Vegan Aspie debate is over for good...

Would you guys mind sharing what you eat during a typical day ? I've been on some kind of plan but I am kind of uncertain it works. Never had weight issue or anything so it's hard to determine if it's optimal for me. I eat 6x a day and I go the the gym at 8:30.

What is your goal, get bigger or leaner? I find it easier to simply focus on hitting the macros. If it fits your macros, there's nothing wrong with eating pasta.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Hopefully the Vegan Aspie debate is over for good...

What is your goal, get bigger or leaner? I find it easier to simply focus on hitting the macros. If it fits your macros, there's nothing wrong with eating pasta.

I want to get more ripped without adding fat. I am 6' and 175 lbs and I'm ok with that. My plan is suppose to take into accounts everything in order to achieve that, but I am sooooooooo tired of eating pasta every single lunch.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I want to get more ripped without adding fat. I am 6' and 175 lbs and I'm ok with that. My plan is suppose to take into accounts everything in order to achieve that, but I am sooooooooo tired of eating pasta every single lunch.

Ok, you could try brown rice, quinoa, kidney beans, chick peas, sweet potatoes, etc. Tons of options for carbs.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Who knows really, there's no one size fits all, but what is "more ripped" ? You want to stay the same and shed fat ? Then lower you caloric intake.

Mostly just eat better and more quality. Change the pasta to rice/quinoa/sweet potatoes/beans, change the whey to beef/fish, change the greek yogurt to high fat, low carbs skyr, dont eat muffins wtf, cut your sugar.... Salad ? Wtf is that.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Mon-Fri I generally eat the same thing:

1. Toast with some avocado/almond or peanut butter and coffee
2. Late Lunch Smoothie, loaded with greens, frozen berries, oats, and seeds (hemp, chia, flax)
3. Post Workout Protein Shake
4. Post workout meal which is usually smoked tofu on hummus toast
5. Late Dinner, mix it up with stirfrys, lasagna, pastas, sushi, burritos, burgers, shepards pie, curries, etc just try and build it around beans, greens, and grains. Usually have a desert or a couple of beers.

Weekends I usually just hammer anything and everything, lots of junk, alcohol, pizzas etc

The bolded part might be my biggest problem, along with all the energy drinks (god awful, i know). And are you ripped as f*** ? Cause that's a good "permissive" plan that I could follow. I always thought I had the feeling it was not getting better because I was destroying my plan on weekends, but if you're telling me you are a fitness machine while doing this during weekends it will encourage me ahaha !

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Who knows really, there's no one size fits all, but what is "more ripped" ? You want to stay the same and shed fat ? Then lower you caloric intake.

Mostly just eat better and more quality. Change the pasta to rice/quinoa/sweet potatoes/beans, change the whey to beef/fish, change the greek yogurt to high fat, low carbs skyr, dont eat muffins wtf, cut your sugar.... Salad ? Wtf is that.

Aahhahaa, salad is in the plan but I don't really eat it. As for "more ripped", I don't really know how to say it..... let's say looking better would be the idea. How much can I really "cut fat" while having 10-11% of fat ? You don't think whey is good (first time I hear it so i'm asking). What would the change from greek yogurt to high fat do ? About the pasta, I like the options you gave me, will try it for sure. Thanks !

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Aahhahaa, salad is in the plan but I don't really eat it. As for "more ripped", I don't really know how to say it..... let's say looking better would be the idea. How much can I really "cut fat" while having 10-11% of fat ? You don't think whey is good (first time I hear it so i'm asking). What would the change from greek yogurt to high fat do ? About the pasta, I like the options you gave me, will try it for sure. Thanks !
Greek yogurt has less protein/less fat/more sugar/carbs than Skyr yogurt.

Salad does nothing good for you, stop eating that.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Greek yogurt has less protein/less fat/more sugar/carbs than Skyr yogurt.

Salad does nothing good for you, stop eating that.

Told you I was not eating salad but it was in my plan ahahah. Anyway, doesn't matter and thanks for the info regarding greek yogurt !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille