First Round Playoff Discussion: CBJ vs WSH.

CBJ or WSH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The jackets created a very motivated opponent in Washington. They ducked the penguins. They effectively told Washington that we think you are an easier opponent than Pittsburgh is. Humpty Dumpty even though he is a crappy playoff coach has more than enough tools to help provide extra motivation for his team. Ovechkin and Backstrom are future Hall of Famers and very proud players and they will be insulted by what the blue jackets did.

Hogwash. This is professional hockey, not college.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yeah it's preposterous to think that that this won't provide extra motivation for Washington. Get a clue

In a fantasy fanboy world, possibly.

In the real world, in a sport played by grown men over a 7-game series, not a f***ing chance.

If it's mentioned even once by Trotz in the press conferences leading up to Game 1, I'll be floored

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The one thing that concerns me is special teams. They have to make their PP opportunities count. The last 20 games have given me hope. If it continues they have a chance. The one thing I have liked about this team lately is they never give up and they have proven to themselves they are never out of a game. Very excited for this series.

I'll give it a couple days before I cast my vote.

I'm not as worried about the PP as I am the PK. They have shredded us there.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
It may just be because I go to caps games and I'm surrounded by caps fans in my day to day life... But I hate the caps. Easily one of my least favorite teams and fanbases in the league. Hope they punish dat booty.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Trotz may use resting starters to motivate his team but to me it’s very easy to understand why Torts did it, and it’s Occam’s Razor. What benefit is derived from winning tonight, when the playoffs are clinched? Wasn’t home ice already determined? If so, why not rest guys and avoid injury to boot? If you’re just playing for match up, it seems there’s more to be gained from resting guys than trying to win because every matchup is tough.

I was pretty resigned to playing the Pens and even looking forward to it, but I’m not disappointed by this matchup at all. It will be good to see the Jackets play a 3rd team in round one, and to see how it affects Bob. Personally I think he will be fine but who knows.

And should we make it out of this series, it’s gonna be bedlam. What a thing to look forward to.

Not voting, though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Yeah it's preposterous to think that that this won't provide extra motivation for Washington. Get a clue
You would think Caps wouldn’t have any room for extra motivation with the results of their past 12 playoff appearances.

They’re not looking towards CBJ for motivation, believe that.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Its called home ice but we crapped our pants Thursday vs Pitt!!!

CBJ did good tanking for the Caps but they forgot about Bob...

Caps in six.... Bob will choke in the playoffs as usual...

Question is, who does JD get for goalie after we trade Bob??/

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just wait until you see how angry Boston/Tampa players and coaches will be at New Jersey for resting guys like Hall in order to avoid Pittsburgh. They are very motivated players and will be insulted by what the Devils did.
and the jackets are scared of Pittsburgh. Bob is been a disaster against them so they avoided them. It's an understandable strategy. But it's still ducking them. Have mommy change your diapers

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Caps in 6. This is a team I was worried about. The Caps are as good as some of you pretend Pitt is. Ov just nearly hit 50 again. Greatest goal scorer ever and best player of this millinium.

Hope I'm wrong. I saw us beating pens in 5.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Caps in 6. This is a team I was worried about. The Caps are as good as some of you pretend Pitt is. Ov just nearly hit 50 again. Greatest goal scorer ever and best player of this millinium.

Hope I'm wrong. I saw us beating pens in 5.
Well, you'd have been wrong. ;)

Seriously, though ... Spank those Caps! We'll see y'all in Round 2.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Last year the Caps (Ovie maybe) said they were targeting Werenski because they knew he was 1 of the key players. Think they'll do the same in the series? Now obviously if they get a chance they'll hit them but will it be their game plan? Kind of like us when they played the Pens. Try to break them down. Go after guys like Werenski, Jones, and Panarin? Wilson might do something stupid so let's hope he ends up costing them. Ovie might go for a big hit. If a scrum happens hopefully he goes to the box. Hopefully they're busy going for hits, rather than goals. And I guess we have players like Jenner and Anderson that could return the favor if need be. And hopefully Dubois could get under people's skin and draw penalties.

I think Bjorkstrand shows up and has a heck of a 1st round.

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Last year the Caps (Ovie maybe) said they were targeting Werenski because they knew he was 1 of the key players. Think they'll do the same in the series? Now obviously if they get a chance they'll hit them but will it be their game plan? Kind of like us when they played the Pens. Try to break them down. Go after guys like Werenski, Jones, and Panarin? Wilson might do something stupid so let's hope he ends up costing them. Ovie might go for a big hit. If a scrum happens hopefully he goes to the box. Hopefully they're busy going for hits, rather than goals. And I guess we have players like Jenner and Anderson that could return the favor if need be. And hopefully Dubois could get under people's skin and draw penalties.

I think Bjorkstrand shows up and has a heck of a 1st round.

I bet PLD gets attention. But he really seems mature enough to take it.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
You would think Caps wouldn’t have any room for extra motivation with the results of their past 12 playoff appearances.

They’re not looking towards CBJ for motivation, believe that.

Bingo, if Trotz is going to use the CBJ using a reserve lineup in game 82 of a regular season game that was meaningless for motivation, then he's looking in the wrong places. Hopefully he does.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Bingo, if Trotz is going to use the CBJ using a reserve lineup in game 82 of a regular season game that was meaningless for motivation, then he's looking in the wrong places. Hopefully he does.

(Not that it means absolutely anything but) Congrats on 1k likes mayne.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Maybe if my posts get less ****ty I can catch you

Stop. Honestly, I know that there’s been “bad blood” between us in the past but the more you post, the more likable you get (and we’re both insomniacs). So...

2qw22qb.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Stop. Honestly, I know that there’s been “bad blood” between us in the past but the more you post, the more likable you get (and we’re both insomniacs). So...

2qw22qb.jpg

There is no bad blood over here. Unless you get personal. But that's not happened. We differ, and bicker sometimes. It happens. There's never hard feelings. Not with you, not with bus, not with anyone.

Reactions: mikeyp24 and CBJSTH

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Because I'm always wrong I went with Caps in 6. Their goaltending has been suspect (Holtby buried my fantasy team) but Grubauer has been playing well of late. Their pp vs our pk is scary. Big question that will be answered is Is Bob a playoff goalie or not? Should be a good series and hopefully my prediction is wrong as usual.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad