First Round Playoff Discussion: CBJ vs WSH.

CBJ or WSH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
:caps VS :cbj
(49-26-7, 105 pts). (45-30-7, 97 pts)

Matchup facts:

• Caps nearly swept the season series. (3-1-0 against the CBJ despite only winning by a combined 4 goals in those 3 games).
• Braden Holtby started every game against the CBJ this season. Sergei Bobrovsky started every game against the Caps this season.
Holtby’s career numbers (vs CBJ): 14-4-2, 2.62 GAA, .914 save percentage.
Bobrovsky’s career numbers (vs WSH): 7-10-4, 3.02 GAA, .900 save percentage.

———————————————————

Season stats:

GF/G:

WSH .... 3.12 (9th)
CBJ ...... 2.89 (17th)

GA/G:

WSH .... 2.90 (16th)
CBJ ..... 2.74 (10th)

PP%:

WSH .... 22.5 % (7th)
CBJ ...... 17.3 % (25th)

PK%:

WSH ..... 80.3 % (16th)
CBJ ...... 76.5 % (25th)

Shots/G:

WSH ...... 29.0 (31st)
CBJ ..... 33.7 (5th)

Shots Against/G:

WSH ..... 31.9 (14th)
CBJ ...... 31.4 (12th)

Faceoff %:

WSH .... 50.4 (13th)
CBJ ..... 48.6 (25th)

————————————

Thoughts on the matchup? Predictions? Discuss!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I did my homework for this thread :thumbu:

fdewxk.jpg

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Honestly think Bob is going to step up and play as if he is a 7 mil/year goalie butttttt it’s ultimately all on him... put up or shut up time for Bob when it comes to the playoffs (even more so now that CBJ aren’t facing the Pens).

Reactions: Kington91

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Most recent regular season game had the most meaningful result:sarcasm:...5-1 in favor of the good guys on 2-26.

Voted Jackets in 6. We weren’t very talented tonight, but still like how we are playing.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Honestly think Bob is going to step up and play as if he is a 7 mil/year goalie butttttt it’s ultimately all on him... put up or shut up time for Bob when it comes to the playoffs (even more so now that CBJ aren’t facing the Pens).

Yup, great opportunity to show he's not a choker. But man, if we get ahead in the series and blow it due to Bob getting lit up... it'll be tough.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The one thing that concerns me is special teams. They have to make their PP opportunities count. The last 20 games have given me hope. If it continues they have a chance. The one thing I have liked about this team lately is they never give up and they have proven to themselves they are never out of a game. Very excited for this series.

I'll give it a couple days before I cast my vote.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
If our special teams can win, or at least hold serve, we can beat these guys. I actually think we have a better roster, aside from their top line.

I got the CBJ in six. We wont be playing against the refs like we did last year, and we will have a distinct home crowd when we play at home.

Let's do this.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The one thing that concerns me is special teams. They have to make their PP opportunities count. The last 20 games have given me hope. If it continues they have a chance. The one thing I have liked about this team lately is they never give up and they have proven to themselves they are never out of a game. Very excited for this series.

I'll give it a couple days before I cast my vote.

Beat me to the special teams comment by mere seconds...

Reactions: Byrral

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I voted Caps in 5.

Only because I would love to eat all the crow possible from CBJ winning a series. And maybe because I worry about Playoff Bob. Please make me eat it. I’m hungry. :popcorn:

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The jackets created a very motivated opponent in Washington. They ducked the penguins. They effectively told Washington that we think you are an easier opponent than Pittsburgh is. Humpty Dumpty even though he is a crappy playoff coach has more than enough tools to help provide extra motivation for his team. Ovechkin and Backstrom are future Hall of Famers and very proud players and they will be insulted by what the blue jackets did.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The jackets created a very motivated opponent in Washington. They took the penguins. Humpty Dumpty even though he is a crappy playoff coach has more than enough tools to help provide extra motivation for his team. Ovechkin and Backstrom our future Hall of Famer's very proud players and they will be insulted by what the blue jackets did.

I think you pulled this straight out of your ass. The CBJ rested players in a meaningless game to prevent injury, and I'm sure the Caps don't give a f***. Even if by some minute chance the Caps get all worked up over it, it'll peter out after the first 5 minutes of Game 1.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I think you pulled this straight out of your ass. The CBJ rested players in a meaningless game to prevent injury, and I'm sure the Caps don't give a ****. Even if by some minute chance the Caps get all worked up over it, it'll peter out after the first 5 minutes of Game 1.
Yeah it's preposterous to think that that this won't provide extra motivation for Washington. Get a clue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad