Series Talk: First Round: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
@KIRK is going to be a crisis actor watching tonight if Zucker and Malkin are paired up.

@KIRK
5absc2.jpg

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
"Put Zucker in press box?"

At least its looking like Freddy G is back with Carter and McCann so hopefully they can get back to scoring 4 goals in a game again.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From nhl.com...in other words, better win tonight....

Teams that win Game 3 after a best-of-7 series is tied 1-1 are 223-107 (67.6 percent), including 3-1 in the first round last season.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
From nhl.com...in other words, better win tonight....

Teams that win Game 3 after a best-of-7 series is tied 1-1 are 223-107 (67.6 percent), including 3-1 in the first round last season.
Oh I agree it's very important. Like last game however I think we're gonna win. I really do. Having our full compliment of centers should help us. And having Geno back SHOULD give this team a bit of an emotional lift. I'm stoked!:nod:

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oh I agree it's very important. Like last game however I think we're gonna win. I really do. Having our full compliment of centers should help us. And having Geno back SHOULD give this team a bit of an emotional lift. I'm stoked!:nod:

I appreciate the optimism...you know I think they lose both in NY lol...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I appreciate the optimism...you know I think they lose both in NY lol...
Why? Also and has been speculated about I don't think Barzal is near 100%. I hope I'm right about that. IF that's the case that should compromise their chances mightily.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why? Also and has been speculated about I don't think Barzal is near 100%. I hope I'm right about that. IF that's the case that should compromise their chances mightily.

idk, Barzal hasn’t done much against us most of the time,,except for one spectacular goal....scoring damage done by Eberle, Beauvillier and that Nelson, Bailey line mostly...and Pageau

My reasons have to do with 1) our putrid road record and the Isles dominance at home; 2) our lack of ability to win a game in 5v5 overtime anymore and 3) the tightness of the series....I think we pulled out a win last game because of the tremendous fans...honestly, the team had an extra jump from that and won’t have that on the Island...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's simple math we learned in grade school. Two negatives added together make a positive.

That's actually multiply. Two negative add up to a negative.

But, hey, maybe Zucker and the bum knee multiplied by Kapanen for the umpteenth time will be the charm. :D

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
JUST finished the enemy game last night and oh man did Samsonov MAF the HELL out of the capitals.

For how bad jarry was for the first game at least he DID NOT DO THAT!
***honorable f***-up goes to Schultz for totally miffing getting the puck or man out of there*** muhahahaha
Hilarious. Awesomely hilarious.

Speaking of geno playinng whats the word on cds? No mention of him at all from the posts I'm seeing
Samsonov made like 40 saves and got them to 2OT while the B’s dominated nearly the entirety of both OT’s. Was a pretty bad misplay by him and Schultz.

Captain Ovi crucifying his rookie goalie on national TV after the mishap really put a nice cherry on top.

Reactions: LOGiK and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Samsonov made like 40 saves and got them to 2OT while the B’s dominated nearly the entirety of both OT’s. Was a pretty bad misplay by him and Schultz.

Captain Ovi crucifying his rookie goalie on national TV’s after the mishap really put a nice cherry on top.

Yeah, but as @Sidney the Kidney said in the around the NHL thread, if Sid were a real captain like Ovi, he would've crucified Jarry on national TV after that first softie on Sunday and the Pens would be up 2-0. :D

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's gonna be awesome in October when the only change to this team is losing Tanev to Seattle. :laugh: Geno having knee surgery and having Zucker as his LW to look forward to, Sully still around, $8.5 million for a Petts-Marino bottom pairing, another playoffs in the books where Jake/Rust/McCann were underwhelming or downright invisible.

Reactions: KIRK

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Yeah, but as @Sidney the Kidney said in the around the NHL thread, if Sid were a real captain like Ovi, he would've crucified Jarry on national TV after that first softie on Sunday and the Pens would be up 2-0. :D
Sid should’ve kicked Jarry off the team and subbed himself in net if he was a REAL leader.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille