Rumor: First Myers Rumor that I haven't hated.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I wouldn't take Lecavalier back in the trade. If Myers is going to get moved, I'd want a defenseman as part of the deal.

ZeroPT*

And no to the original deal. Vinny is terribad now and Couts , although he's a nice asset is more of what we have. Reinhart and Girgensons. If I'm trading Myers I want a young, dynamic scoring forward.

A Nichushkin a Nyquist or a Yakupov.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
In what world is a center who put up 40 points last season while playing top-notch defense "AWFUL / TOTAL GARBAGE"?

The guy will win a Selke (at worst, be a finalist) before he's done. And I still think there's more offense there than he's shown. Still, I'm not sure he's as needed now, though I wouldn't hate that deal.

Bps21*

I would understand it...but I would really want proven offense to come back for Myers. Gotta chip away at the worst ever scoring team here with something other than prospects who may one day...especially when the pipeline is a good number of two way forwards anyway.

If I'm moving a unique player like Myers...I kind of need offensive skill back. That cupboard is so bare. And it's really the only reason I would move an asset like Myers to begin with.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
And no to the original deal. Vinny is terribad now and Couts , although he's a nice asset is more of what we have. Reinhart and Girgensons. If I'm trading Myers I want a young, dynamic scoring forward.

A Nichushkin a Nyquist or a Yakupov.

Ew...hell no.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Interesting prospect, but me no like.

Myers has turned the corner I never thought he was going to turn and he is just going to keep on getting better, bigger, stronger, more comfortable, more experienced, etc...from here on out.

Keep him!

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
The timing isn't right....

I would like this deal if it were to happen in the summer and...

a) We don't get one of McDavid/Eichel
b) We use our pick to draft a D man in the top 10

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
So basically: that Myers' GAA is comparable to defensemen with vastly better puck control numbers is the product of Enroth, but the correlation within the team where the consensus best defensive players have the better GA stats (borne out over a larger sample size than this) does, really abstractly, reflect defensive ability.

I care less about Couturier given Girgensons' development, the existence of Reinhart, and like three other shots at "highly effective defensive center" in the pipeline. If he's still on the block 1.5 years later and Myers/Pysyk shows promise but ultimately ends up as a high-variance #5 given the jam on the right side, I'd be really down, though.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Ive been a Myers fan since the start. Always felt that as he entered his prime and became older and more experienced than the majority of his peers in the NHL, we would start to see his dominance again.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Not a fan of the deal, even though I love me some Couts.

So just for the sake of discussion, would HF Sabresdom, if given the choice, take Couts or ROR? Just curious how the rest of you feel. Let's not go down the whole "Greedy McBadnegotiations/pay the man what he's justifiably worth" road. Based purely on talent and fit.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica

So just for the sake of discussion, would HF Sabresdom, if given the choice, take Couts or ROR? Just curious how the rest of you feel. Let's not go down the whole "Greedy McBadnegotiations/pay the man what he's justifiably worth" road. Based purely on talent and fit.

I think you have to go ROR, but it's close. Their defense is about equal, but O'Reilly to me still will have the higher offensive production when both have entered their primes.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

If we ignore contracts, probably ROR. If we're considering that, from the looks of it, O'Reilly is either getting overpaid or bolting in 1.5 years, definitely Couts.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If we could expand the deal and get Ghost by adding something on our end I'd bite.

Though Gionta and Vinny is very redundant. This is a deal that would have intrigued me more before the gionta signing

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I like Couts, but Girgensons is here for (hopefully) a long while.

I'd rather try to move Myers for a guy like Nyquist.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013

And you sure as hell don't trade a first pairing all-round d-man to a small scoring winger.

And that's the reason why Myers shouldn't be traded at all. There really isn't any realistic trade to be made that would be beneficial for us. I mean, sure, if Kings for some reason decided to move Dought, I would offer Myers+. But anything like that is not going to happen.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Well, so would pretty much everyone but I can't see why Detroit would part with Nyquist under any reasonable circumstance. Acquiring Tyler Myers doesn't count as a reasonable circumstance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad