#FireTherrien lives! Habs lose AGAIN 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gallagher got injured.... and we already had crappy RW depth...

End result ? Weise plays too much... NEWS AT 11 !!!

This is not even something that should be talked about in any way.

BTW, some more stat for everyone who thinks Weise plays too much - Goals/60 all situations :

Carr 1.64
Gallagher 1.52
Ghetto 1.40

Pacioretty 1.23
Weise 1.15
Galchenyuk 0.94

With underlined players having played between 12 and 22 games instead of the 39 the others have played. Congrats to Carr, Ghetto for having played only 12-14 games and having inflated stats.

Doesn't really look like Weise has played too much. If he has.. it's really not something worth mentioning. Never seen a guy overachieve as much as Weise and be this much on the bubble with fans... it's unbelievable.

Well, if you're going to say those kids stats are inflated, why don't you look at the fact Weise had 6 goals in his 12 first games and then 5 in next 27?
Weise isn't performing like he was and we're not talking about an established scorer here. He's never scored 20 goals. Actually, he's currently having a career year at 11. So if you're to guess between Weise having this untapped goalscoring potential, or simply benefiting from a terrific start, I'd bet on the lucky start. Might as well give more ice time to rookies that have more potential.

That said, I don't mind Weise's ES ice time. It's on the PP that I find he's getting too much. It's not like he's going to the front of the next. He's staying on the boards as if he's some skilled player.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well...good for you.
Subban is not performing to the level of 9 mil per
Markov is clearly a step or two slower
You failed to mention DD when mentioning Centermen. Has Plekanec ever performed in the postseason?
It is the responsibility of management and coaches to help develop a player. Tinordi was better 3 years ago against Ottawa in the 5 game loss than he is today. Management does not take any hit for young players regressing?
McKinnon, Barkov played center immediately upon entering the NHL and are thriving today. Both are younger than Galchenyuk
Finally they have started drafting bigger players but according to you their development is THEIR responsibility, not managements so you can expect more 3/4th line players

Subban isn't performing to 9million....all season or just during the losing streak? Ovechkin at one point wasn't performing to his contract, Crosby wasn't performing to his contract, every player at some point will not perform to his contract...they can't be performing all the time at a high rate, this is common knowledge to anyone who watches hockey.

Markov is a step slower because he's older....groundbreaking stuff

I didn't mention DD because he is not part of the strength at center, the other 3 are good..we agree?

You can't develop every single player into NHLers....this would be a success rate of 100% which has yet to ever happen with any organization in any sport...we agree yes?

McKinnon was 1st overall and Barkhov was playing with men and both play for small market teams. To boot, Barkhov plays in Florida in front of 500 fans that don't watch his every move, Galchenyuk on the other hand plays in front of 21,000 people that watch his every single shift and who have an opinion on it. Go check the Florida thread and compare the numbers to the Montreal thread....it's a different animal.

Again I have vaporized your argument

Good on me....:)

Nynja*

"we have success when we grind da puck"

2-11-0 isnt success you idiot (I know at the time of that they werent 2-11-0, but still)

Nynja*

Well they're not exactly sniping their way to victories these days...gotta win ugly.

That was during the Wild game? when we were 1-8-0 at the time? Yeah, great success going on there, we were really showing the league what a successful team we were.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That was during the Wild game? when we were 1-8-0 at the time? Yeah, great success going on there, we were really showing the league what a successful team we were.

Not arguing with you...we suck big time lately, this team has lost itself for sure. Hopefully Scrivens will settle things down a bit, but without Price and Gallagher (and another top 6), we are FUBAR

Nynja*

Not arguing with you...we suck big time lately, this team has lost itself for sure. Hopefully Scrivens will settle things down a bit, but without Price and Gallagher (and another top 6), we are FUBAR

Therrien did what Therrien's always done best:
when the window for him to do Therrien things opens up a crack, he busts it open and does whatever he wants.

Davey gets Molson award? BAM, moved to top line in the first intermission
A little bit of adversity? BAM, there was less carrying of the puck, wingers can be seen (or rather cant be seen cause theyre off screen) waiting for the stretch pass more and more often.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Therrien did what Therrien's always done best:
when the window for him to do Therrien things opens up a crack, he busts it open and does whatever he wants.

Davey gets Molson award? BAM, moved to top line in the first intermission
A little bit of adversity? BAM, there was less carrying of the puck, wingers can be seen (or rather cant be seen cause theyre off screen) waiting for the stretch pass more and more often.

Agree...DD should not be on that top line, definite favouritism towards Davy here...best option in my opinion is Plekanec with Patches.

That DD/Pacioretty Magic has vanished like Copperfield's assistant...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What the **** does grind da puck even mean?

It's like when idiots talk about detox diets that clean out "toxins" from your body. What does that even mean??

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

It's like when idiots talk about detox diets that clean out "toxins" from your body. What does that even mean??

It is the hockey equivalent of the "heart of the cards" in Yu-Gi-Oh!. Do this good vague, "intangible" thing like believing cards will miraculously come to the top of the deck because you believe it. Grinding in hockey(whatever that means) somehow will make us win. Just get feels mentally that you are "tough" and the goals will come. Forget about pragmatically approaching the problem. GRIND.

****, GRIND. It's not even specific like Crash the net, which would have been far more appealing and effective.

Last edited:

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Put onions in your socks then go to sleep. It removes toxins.

Realistically I think I know what he means and he's right. When we were having success we were first on the puck and we were like a magnet on the puck. wherever the puck was, one or two habs players were right there attacking it. it's an exhausting style of play but it did work for us.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Eagles fan...a month??? :laugh: More like a few years.
I don't feel sorry for the Eagles empty trophy case. Every year they get hope, every year, failure. :laugh:

I cheer for the Redskins, so all Iggles fans can cry me a river. Suffer some moar that saviour Chip Kelly was actually a master team imploder.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Put onions in your socks then go to sleep. It removes toxins.

Realistically I think I know what he means and he's right. When we were having success we were first on the puck and we were like a magnet on the puck. wherever the puck was, one or two habs players were right there attacking it. it's an exhausting style of play but it did work for us.

Aggressive forecheck would have been the term. Grind...lord knows that vague word is open to too much interpretation. Does it mean sticking to the boards and grinding the puck out? It sure as **** doesn't mean crash the net, because no one but Gallagher does it consistently, and McCarron did it but still only play 6 minutes.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Watching the Road to the Winter Classic right now

MT: "C'mon guys grind these guys. Grind,grind,grind, grind..."

What is that even supposed to mean.

How can the players even understand Therrien half the time? The guy can hardly even talk English and he just spouts off random broken metaphors and cliche idioms that make no sense whatsoever.

The guy has no clue. I am absolutely blown away that he was even able to make it to the NHL, let alone get 3 gigs.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What is that even supposed to mean.

How can the players even understand Therrien half the time? The guy can hardly even talk English and he just spouts off random broken metaphors and cliche idioms that make no sense whatsoever.

The guy has no clue. I am absolutely blown away that he was even able to make it to the NHL, let alone get 3 gigs.

Gig #3 would not have happened if it was anyone but Bergevin. But he gives a great interview. He's got a golden tongue, but a black heart. The way he spouted off the lie about Galchenyuk was so well spoken, but was such rotten use of beauty on words simply because what he said was absolutely not what happened. Same with making P.K a "better person", which actually meant running him over coals in the ****ing media, when the rule is typically never to air such dirty laundry, coaches and players alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad