Fire Lindy and Green, Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We trade for this guy, sign him to a big contract and then get married to playing him on the side he didn’t play for 400+ NHL games?

What even is this? Because he played sometimes on the left with the Sharks? Really?
Didn't we do the same thing with Kovalchuk lol...played him on his 'handed' wing

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We trade for this guy, sign him to a big contract and then get married to playing him on the side he didn’t play for 400+ NHL games?

What even is this? Because he played sometimes on the left with the Sharks? Really?

Maybe try him on that first PP? Maybe? Try something? Anything?

Ruff is painfully stubborn. Like baffling so

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Second season and no
This isnt factual. This is his first full season with us. Look at kovys first full season after being traded. He was ass in the first 50 gms and had the benefit of being fully healthy

What is factual is all the analytics and eye test that showed Timo being our best postseason forward by a mile

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
Lindy has been terrible and should have been gone a while ago and its so damn plain for all of us to see. That's more of an indictment on Fitz than anything else.

And as much as I want Lindy gone, I blame the players the most. They are not transcending his bad coaching even a little. Not even close. If they are as good as we want to believe, then there would be atleast some better glimpses. Bratt is essentially the only one playing up to his "card". Nemec also, for a rook.
Mercer, Timo, Jack, and even Nico have all been disappointing.

Reactions: Oneiro

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
He literally signed an extension the day before McLeod left the team

That is proof in itself. Lets praise Fitz and now he is MIA. I love MB30 but they are using him as shield. Fluff piece on the AHL goalie, Broduer tours the stadium, Broduer drops the puck. Broduer talks about the goaltenders.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
I also want Fitz out after going completely MIA after the McLeod/Foote débâcle. I understand, he probably can’t talk about it, but his inaction since is concerning. The Devils were the hosts to outdoor game and their GM is MIA. This team is struggling and there are no updates outside 3rd party sources.
Agree, this GM hides. The only time he talks is during the summer on Youtube. Talk to the fans because it actually helps.

Love Lou Lam or hate him, he would always come on 660am. He didn't say much but you always felt good about the organization.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If you think the season is over, you should want Ruff gone now so better player evaluation can begin and maybe they can start to repair these players for next year.

If you don't think the season is over, you should want Ruff gone so they can finally make adjustments and maybe go on a run.

There is zero benefit short or long term to letting Ruff coach one more day

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
This season is not over. Sorry if this is what some think but we can still could get in. All you need is a team or two that tail spins with 5 or 6 losses in a row and we start winning a few.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This season is not over. Sorry if this is what some think but we can still could get in. All you need is a team or two that tail spins with 5 or 6 losses in a row and we start winning a few.

If Ruff is gone in the morning with Green and Dineen and Sarge take over, maybe. But nothing is happening with the current coaching staff.

Ruff has zero buttons left to push

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Lindy was lucky and got away with similar issues last year. Why can’t this team play a full 60?! Why isn’t there ever in game adjustments (outside of benching Holtz). The guy only calls a TO when there is 30s left and the Devils are down 5-2.
Seriously. 4-0 going into the 3rd and not a single line change, nothing. Just keep doing what your doing cause its working

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
If Ruff is gone in the morning with Green and Dineen and Sarge take over, maybe. But nothing is happening with the current coaching staff.

Ruff has zero buttons left to push
I agree with you but the teams trying to get in can go on benders. You see it every year. Example: Philadelphia could lose 5 in a row with the snap of a finger. It happens.
Unfortunately so can we, loloz.:towel:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also sending Schmid down was insane because it meant Daws was left out to dry out there. They weren't going to pull him and send this other kid to the wolves.

f***ing rational choice would have been Schmid Tuesday and Daws tonight.

Daws looked absolutely shell shocked out there. Ruff probably killed his confidence for the year between Tuesday and tonight

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
We're going to get nothing. Radio silence until April and break up day.

Lots of ho-hum, we'll come back stronger next season. We'll learn from this. Core is so young.

Even Shero had TF go behind the bench as an Assistant to evaluate Hynes before he got canned. TF might end up being even worse than Shero in terms of coach loyalty...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We're going to get nothing. Radio silence until April and break up day.

Lots of ho-hum, we'll come back stronger next season. We'll learn from this. Core is so young.

Even Shero had TF go behind the bench as an Assistant to evaluate Hynes before he got canned. TF might end up being even worse than Shero in terms of coach loyalty...

Yeah, I see zero reason to be hopeful about the future until I see Fitz actually make a change.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't we do the same thing with Kovalchuk lol...played him on his 'handed' wing
Yes, but that was a Pete and Oates (mostly Oates but Pete continued it after Oates because he was ''Fifth in the league in points'' on that wing in 11-12) thing. Oates has this belief that players need to always play on their on-side. I wonder if that's one of the reasons why Oates has basically alienated himself from even assistant coaching positions for teams in the league after his stint in Washington?

Ruff hasn't really shown to favor playing a player on their handed wing/handed side defense in all the time he's been there. He does it with other players all the time, every night. He even started Luke Hughes out on his off hand side.

But for some reason, this is a Timo thing.

And it's funny that people actually asked Pete if there were plans to move Kovalchuk back to the other side (that's how we got the answer about scoring 85 points and fifth in the league in scoring on that wing), but it hasn't been asked about Timo yet.

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
Guys, I think you are overlooking a great young coach who can inspire the boys and lead them into the playoffs:

Sanguinet.jpg

Sanguinet

Lets look at the Pros:

- Led his team to a 24 game heater.

- Willing to cut a player unless they score a goal in a close game

- Plays the Jims in order to "Set the Tone"

- Hands out delicious game sticks

- Dating a Cutie in Management

- Received an underwater squeezer off Wasaga Beach from his coach's girlfriend, and then is man enough to apologize later to his now goalie for getting it.

And Most Importantly....Hates to Lose

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Also sending Schmid down was insane because it meant Daws was left out to dry out there. They weren't going to pull him and send this other kid to the wolves.

f***ing rational choice would have been Schmid Tuesday and Daws tonight.

Daws looked absolutely shell shocked out there. Ruff probably killed his confidence for the year between Tuesday and tonight
Playing Daws Tuesday made no f***ing sense at all. Ruff's instincts has been as problematic as his coaching.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know if Ruff is not fired tomorrow some of you will think he's here until 2026 or whenever his contract ends, but I have the utmost confidence that he will be not be the head coach here next year if we finish more than a points outside the playoffs. If we have games like the last two and streaks of 3 losses in 4 and losses to every other chump team we face on the schedule, I don't see how we only finish a few points outside a playoff spot.

If Ruff survives to coach here next season under those circumstances then I'll take the L and I'll be the one convinced that he's here until possibly 2027.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad