Fire Lindy and Green, Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You don't catch teams off guard all season.
Yeah, I've even heard the players saying this (and Ruff) even before the season started and I don't buy it. In fact, I was hearing that from fans that sat next to me at the game in Sunrise in December of 2022, which was in the midst of our rough stretch last year. That we caught teams by surprise and now they've figured us out.

Why did it take them an entire season to figure us out? How come they didn't figure us out by January or February of last year?

AND FFS. PLAY THE POWER FORWARD ON THE SIDE HE SUCCEEDED AT IN SAN JOSE
I'm waiting for the day Novo opens up his mouth and asks him this. The fact that this hasn't even been an option is an absolute JOKE and that is on the coaching staff, because that's something they can actually control.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I also want Fitz out after going completely MIA after the McLeod/Foote débâcle. I understand, he probably can’t talk about it, but his inaction since is concerning. The Devils were the hosts to outdoor game and their GM is MIA. This team is struggling and there are no updates outside 3rd party sources.

• Love
Reactions: Saint Beaurivage

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I think we've officially reached the too late stage at this point, at least for this year although it isn't really too late to start fixing shit before NEXT year.
I don’t think there is a too late stage. It might be too late for this year, but as you said fixing stuff for next year and having a good end of season as a stepping stone in probably worth it. Cut any long term damage out now.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This team had expectations to be a serious contender by most. They acquired players and dished out $$$$. They are now going to miss the playoffs.

It will be an indictment of the entire front office if they don't fire Ruff tomorrow. Not even trying to be hyperbolic. This team hasn't played well all season. At best, they would play 1 great period a game while taking the other 2 completely off. Players are not developing and they are making beer league coverage mistakes and turnovers.

There is zero risk in firing Ruff. They could replace him with a traffic cone, who cares. There is nothing to gain by keeping him. Everyone that has watched or played sports knows when a team is teetering on the edge of falling apart. Well, the Devs teetered all season and now they've officially fallen over. Change has to be made.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would hire Craig Berube later tonight.
I’m not convinced Berube is good, as much as he just wasn’t Mike Yeo and the team caught fire at the right time.

I’d rather hire Evason, but I also wonder if he’s too much of a defensive coach for this team. He’s also the schmuck that kept playing an inferior Fleury over Gustavsson. Which stopped once he got fired and Hynes took over. Until Gustavsson got injured and he had no choice but to play Fleury. With Gustavsson not having a great season like he did last year it feels like he may be playing Fleury a little more frequently now than he was before Gustavsson’s injury.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I’m not convinced Berube is good, as much as he just wasn’t Mike Yeo and the team caught fire at the right time.

I’d rather hire Evason, but I also wonder if he’s too much of a defensive coach for this team. He’s also the schmuck that kept playing an inferior Fleury over Gustavsson. Which stopped once he got fired and Hynes took over. Until Gustavsson got injured and he had no choice but to play Fleury. With Gustavsson not having a great season like he did last year it feels like he may be playing Fleury a little more frequently now than he was before Gustavsson’s injury.

Berube seems like a hard ass that will hold them accountable. The team needs that.

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
I also want Fitz out after going completely MIA after the McLeod/Foote débâcle. I understand, he probably can’t talk about it, but his inaction since is concerning. The Devils were the hosts to outdoor game and their GM is MIA. This team is struggling and there are no updates outside 3rd party sources.
He literally signed an extension the day before McLeod left the team

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually feel bad that people even need to chant for his firing, especially with how classy he took it the first time.

I think it’s a done deal if this team finishes more than just a few points out of a playoff spot.

I don’t think he can afford another game like these last two.

The next time this happens at a home game I think we’re looking at a soft riot. And they don’t play the Rangers at home again this year for all their fans to drown out any of the hostile Devils fans.

They probably won’t lose their shit if it’s a close loss on Saturday, but they really should, because how many times are we gonna lose to some shit ass team at home? And that would be twice to them at home in a little over a month.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For anyone sayin its to late its not. The entire playoff team around us is awful.

New coach and go on a Oilers like run of even 6//7 games won in a row and its right back in our hands
Everyone is awful and yet we're SIX points back. What does that say about us and what realistic chance do we have of going on a run with this coaching, this goaltending and this lack of passion and intensity from like 90% of the team?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Everyone is awful and yet we're SIX points back. What does that say about us and what realistic chance do we have of going on a run with this coaching, this goaltending and this lack of passion and intensity from like 90% of the team?
Im saying if you make a change now, maybe just maybe something sparks. The Oilers were awful before their change

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can’t believe Dave Rogaine wasn’t mentioned in the OG post. He’s the first dude I fire.
If anyone should have already been fired this year it’s him.

Marty should have taken out his own trash and stepped in as interim goalie coach for the rest of the year.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Let’s hold off on Timo slander until these galaxy brains play him in his god damn proper position.

We’ve not been given an explanation on why they’ve been married to keeping him on the left side. Probably because nobody asks.
Yeah the media being intimidated into cowardice is one thing but you would like some INTELLIGENT questioning every now and again at least.

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
I will forever cherish the 1st round last year, but out of our 12 playoff games how many times did we get our shit pushed in? 5 games?

No reason to play out the string this year with Ruff. He can not prepare this team to compete for three periods in a row, let alone multiple games. You fire the coach to see what players still don’t improve.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Let’s hold off on Timo slander until these galaxy brains play him in his god damn proper position.

We’ve not been given an explanation on why they’ve been married to keeping him on the left side. Probably because nobody asks.

The media is too busy yelling at fans on Twitter while asking Ruff about his tie choices.

No one has asked why the lines haven't been changed, or the PP units, or why Timo is at LW, Jack is still at wing or why Daws went from not playing because of "reps" to starting 5 in a row.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We trade for this guy, sign him to a big contract and then get married to playing him on the side he didn’t play for 400+ NHL games?

What even is this? Because he played sometimes on the left with the Sharks? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad