Fire Lindy and Green, Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I have been on these boards for twelve years and very seldom would make a thread like this. The lineup decisions , special teams and execution tonight is some of the worst I have witnessed in my 15 years as a season ticket holder. So mods, delete this as you wish but I think it’s time. Lindy Ruff and Travis Green have been actively hurting this roster with their schemes and lineup decisions. The time is now before this becomes detrimental to future seasons. New voices are needed behind the bench to close out this season.

I hope management realizes this too. The culture that began last season is now being lost.

Last edited:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Agreed.

Any solid coaching options out there that come to mind? What about this ugly mug?

IMG_2986.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Not really debatable at this point. You have to make a change so you have better insight into what the issues are and what personnel changes need to be made in the offseason. Everyone knows they play like asshats in the current "system."

Make changes and they play worse somehow? Huge roster shakeup needed and additional staff gotta go.

By keeping everything status quo, you deprive yourself of additional information that would be useful in offseason decisions.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I mean, it's pretty obvious now that Lindy rode Andrew Brunette's coattails last year because the other 3 years he's been at the helm have been absolute cesspools on the ice.
i don’t think this is true. i think they caught a lot of teams off guard with their speed and the development of young talent and dougies career year.

teams are prepared for them this year, they weren’t as fast and hard on the forecheck, the defensive system was too complicated for the amount of rookies on the squad and they’ve dealt with injuries.

the problem is when everything went right ruff looks like a genius, but when it wasn’t going right he clearly has no idea how to fix it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Green is an absolute joke.

He's never had an NHL assistant job before, so who knows if he's any good or not, but the power play was 23rd in expected goals (5 on 4) coming into this game and I don't think it was ever higher than 8th-10th before November/Dougie got injured when they were 1st in the league in actual conversion percentage by a whole lot.

His head coaching resume was an utter joke with the Canucks.

I'm afraid he'll be the next head coach here, if someone like Sullivan doesn't end up on the market after this year.

As far as Lindy goes, I think he's a goner after this year. MAYBE if we finish well enough to just barely miss the playoffs he gets one more chance, but on an even warmer seat than what he came into 2022-2023 with. And it was pretty f***in warm coming into 2022-2023.

But with the injuries (yeah, guys are still injured, but they're not missing from the lineup anymore) now hopefully behind us, I don't think he's getting passes for games like these last two.

Small sample size, but the team seems to be scoring significantly less since the system change. The power play being an absolute joke and us getting absolutely nothing out of it probably has a lot to do with that. And after these last two games I'm sure the goals against are about the same as what they were before that Carolina game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The writing seems to be on the wall for Ruff. A lot of people are upset that he wasn't already fired or that he won't be fired tomorrow, but I don't think you could have fired him when a bunch of guys were injured last month or the month before.

And you couldn't really fire him after last year. I thought he should have been fired after 2021-2022 (I was flabbergasted that he wasn't fired), but he survived and we really couldn't turn around and fire him after last year. But we owe him no more than this year because of last and he got it.

The only thing that I thought was overkill was that he was given a contract extension which doesn't even start this year. That doesn't mean he can't be axed at any time, as long as we pay him his money, which he'll get no matter what.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I don't know if Fitz will do the right thing here. He seems far too loyal to Lindy.

It is just not working anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Add Rogalski to the pile.

He's managed to go under the radar lately, but he's really the guy that I think should have been fired midseason.

He's been a mistake from the beginning. I wouldn't even say Ruff was a complete and utter failure, but Rogalski sure was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad