Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1uxutochuna71.jpg

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I’m so happy Italy won but I still can’t get over that Southgate sent two children out there to take the decisive penalties. I genuinely believe Saka and Sancho have NEVER taken penalties in a professional game in their lives. That's a f***ing joke. Their loss is not on them, it’s on Southgate that hasn’t been allowed to forget a penalty he missed 25 years ago. Shouldn’t he understand the pressure of the situation?

Reactions: JBeast

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
England truly are the Toronto Maple Leafs of soccer, aren't they? Even the year of their last title is almost the same. :)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m so happy Italy won but I still can’t get over that Southgate sent two children out there to take the decisive penalties. I genuinely believe Saka and Sancho have NEVER taken penalties in a professional game in their lives. That's a f***ing joke. Their loss is not on them, it’s on Southgate that hasn’t been allowed to forget a penalty he missed 25 years ago. Shouldn’t he understand the pressure of the situation?

I think it's also the players. The older players should have demanded to take a penalty.

Reactions: Eisen

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
They are rightfully shitting on Southgate on TSN for trying to park the bus for 90+ minutes.

Yup. After the Shaw goal they tried to sit on it and it eventually bit them in the ass.

England had very few chances in the last 2/3 of the game.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
England did pretty much f*** all after the first 2 minutes, which is too bad for them because it looked like Italy was there for the taking early in the game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It can work as France & Portugal have shown in recent years...but it takes a lot of luck & a better defense than England's. You're always worsening your odds playing that way if you have the talent to play elsewise.

Also i don't think Pickford is good enough of a goalkeeper for a defensive playstyle . He didn't look that good all tournament long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad