Final Fantasy 16 (PS5)

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I don't have the game yet, I'm asking because I want to buy it But I've heard enough about this problem that I believe it's real.

This problem does not exist at any kind of scale if it exists at all. If it was happening en masse it would be huge news. Moreover, overheating issues are hardware related 99.9% of the time.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Finished it, completely satisfied with the game, not quite in the top FF tier with 4 and 6 but definitely in that second tier with 12 and 7R. Did all of the side quests and hunts but not the chronilithic things, clocked in around 65 hours. I doubt I can go back and finish TotK now, combat here is 1000x better and faster.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm just digging into this now because I've been traveling for most of the summer. I'm really into it, having played it almost all day for two days this weekend, which is something I almost never do. The combat is really addictive and I feel like I am only starting to scratch the surface of more refined strategy.

The sidequests I've done have all been complete filler, but I kind of expected that and I *think* I am at the point where they are only really starting to open up. I am in Rosario, just got to Eastpool.

Weirdly I have also been replaying OG FFVII on Switch (I'm in Mt. Nibel), so it's been kind of fun to try and take stock while playing this. I haven't really played many of the new entries in the series (the latest one I've played is 10), but so far I really appreciate what they seem to be doing with the Eikons, in terms of both combat and story.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm just digging into this now because I've been traveling for most of the summer. I'm really into it, having played it almost all day for two days this weekend, which is something I almost never do. The combat is really addictive and I feel like I am only starting to scratch the surface of more refined strategy.

The sidequests I've done have all been complete filler, but I kind of expected that and I *think* I am at the point where they are only really starting to open up. I am in Rosario, just got to Eastpool.

Weirdly I have also been replaying OG FFVII on Switch (I'm in Mt. Nibel), so it's been kind of fun to try and take stock while playing this. I haven't really played many of the new entries in the series (the latest one I've played is 10), but so far I really appreciate what they seem to be doing with the Eikons, in terms of both combat and story.
I'd strongly recommend FF Tactics at some point (although they seem to be possibly working on a remaster and their track record for that is very good, so maybe wait for that). Easily the best storytelling and writing in the series, IMO.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'd strongly recommend FF Tactics at some point (although they seem to be possibly working on a remaster and their track record for that is very good, so maybe wait for that). Easily the best storytelling and writing in the series, IMO.
Thanks -- yeah, I am hoping that the remaster gets announced, because I'd really like to play it. I could get it for PC, but I don't play very much there, and in general I am sort of a "one game at a time" person, who games a decent bit but also not at a crazy pace or anything.

Slightly different note, but I still have to go back to Tactics Ogre (Reborn), because I got fairly deep in the game and then got too busy/burnt out from the longer fights. Between that, FF 16 and FF 7, I will have my hands full for a while, and I'll probably also play the Horizon DLC and Spiderman 2 this fall.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thanks -- yeah, I am hoping that the remaster gets announced, because I'd really like to play it. I could get it for PC, but I don't play very much there, and in general I am sort of a "one game at a time" person, who games a decent bit but also not at a crazy pace or anything.

Slightly different note, but I still have to go back to Tactics Ogre (Reborn), because I got fairly deep in the game and then got too busy/burnt out from the longer fights. Between that, FF 16 and FF 7, I will have my hands full for a while, and I'll probably also play the Horizon DLC and Spiderman 2 this fall.
Understandable, TO Reborn is definitely one of those monster games that demands a ton of investment (like it's designed for the obsessively geeked out/insane or something), but has a ton of reward (takes like 50-60 hours to hit credits, and even at that point, you've only seen like half of the worthwhile story content, and that's excluding the almost bottomless mechanical secrets). The battles can also feel very drawn out and grindy if you don't take advantage of some of the clever tactical tricks that make things easier.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Almost at 60%….that Titan fight, WOW!!
Music was fantastic for this fight. I'm just about at the end of the game, and I don't want the journey to end.

I'm also not a fan of the new trend of NG+ stuff ... Don't understand why they can't just put all things first time around, I sorta get that if anyone wants to replay the game it has some new things to keep it fresh, but that didn't stop me from over playing the shit of past FF games over and over again lol
Ah well. First world problems.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I played a bit of NG+ and the regular mobs are much better, don't know why they didn't do it that way the first time through but I guess the mode is for more "hardcore" players so leave the challenge for them.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Make sure you do the side quests with the + emblem as they lead to good rewards like increase in potion amount and potency or new blacksmith recipes.
Thanks - somehow missed this before and was just skimming the thread now and caught it. It's more of a nitpick, but there are some things which I feel the game doesn't do enough to force you into recognizing. I think in part it's because of the lengthy cinematic sequences and boss fights, so that when they finally free you up, they don't want to put more mandatory text in front of you, but I had missed this entirely.

So far I think I've done every sidequest and only bumped up my potion amount and potency once. I'm not struggling very much, and if anything J should probably look into the default stuff when you get a game over, because I always get full potions back and a boss with partially drained health, which eliminates much of the challenge.

Overall still really digging it. I'll be charging through the rest of the game and I imagine I'll do NG+, especially if there's more content there (haven't read anything).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I did it! I beat the game!

2nd game i’ve beat in about 5 years :laugh:

Wasn’t the perfect game but it was still amazing!! IMO best FF since FFX, over 20 years. About time they found magic again in a FF game!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00