Waived: Filppula placed on Waivers

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What team could use Flip?

I bet he gets claimed (sounds crazy I know).

Maybe CHI w/o Toews/Strome/Dach ?
OTT?
Another team that has a trade lined up & needs fairly cheap C/W Cup Vet depth?

SY making room for Eichel. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Salary cap move. They can knock off some of his daily salary if he's on the Taxi Squad. While I wish this had happened sooner, hopefully we see some more young guns getting icetime. It's going to be a rough month regardless.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I didn't expect this so soon, especially because Filp is kinda one of Steve's guys, but I like all Steve's waivs so far including this one.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
As sad as it may be, Helm is actually moderately useful. I'd sit Flip, Nielsen, and DeKeyser, if anyone.

Someone could take a swing at him for some relatively cheap forward depth.
Let DDK rebound, he looks better the last 2 gp. He could fetch a 2nd+ if/when healthy. Or keep him, our LD is barren next season. Trade Nemeth, Staal @TDL.

Protect Hronek, Lindstrom, Stech.
Resign Merrill 1-2 yrs/cheap after ED. Add Seider in Sept.

?-Seider
Merrill-Hronek
Djoos-Stecher
?-Lindstrom

? = DDK? Cholo? UFA? Trade? (Mantha for Hanafin)= Nobody elite, but decent #1-7.

Let Cholo be #8 if he's not claimed, traded or waived.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I was referring to forwards though however I would bring up Lindstom and sit DeKeyser.
I thought Dekeyser actually looked pretty good the last couple games. Up until that point I felt like he was gonna break in half if someone touched him but he seemed to make some miraculous recovery in the last week or so.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I thought Dekeyser actually looked pretty good the last couple games. Up until that point I felt like he was gonna break in half if someone touched him but he seemed to make some miraculous recovery in the last week or so.
He definitely has, people tend to get dragged into tired talking points even when they aren't valid anymore. Wasn't on the ice for a goal last night, didn't do anything all that great offensively but he hasn't been bullied like he was before his "conditioning benching"

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nothing but a money transaction. Just like the other vets that got waived. He'll be back in the lineup in no time.

It's a caphit transaction. No difference in paid money.

Why are we having so much discussion about this waiver/taxi squad-rotation, which has been totally meaningless and all teams doing the same?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Just want to echo Hammett and Henkka that waivers don't really mean anything this season as plenty of serviceable guys have gone on it and not gotten claimed

Maybe we could just have one universal waiver thread as our guys keep going up and down? This isn't really discussion worthy IMO, even if he gets claimed (lol, as sad as that sounds)

Reactions: Jurky

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He definitely has, people tend to get dragged into tired talking points even when they aren't valid anymore. Wasn't on the ice for a goal last night, didn't do anything all that great offensively but he hasn't been bullied like he was before his "conditioning benching"

There were a few times last night where he looked... rough, at best. I forget who it was coming down the right wing boards, but DK was backing in, and his turn was, for lack of a better term, f***ing awful. Super stiff and really late, it's like he was trying not to hurt himself.

I don't know, I don't see the improvement everyone else seems to, but it's certainly not a "tired talking point."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You might as well continue to play guys like Rasmussen, Smith, Svech and sit Flip, Neilsen, and Helm.
Helm-LGD-Erne line is the only line that's actually looked good in the past couple of games. Why the Helm hate?

Sure he can't score goals, but his futility is sorta entertaining and it's useful to have one line that can kill some clock without getting scored on.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Helm-LGD-Erne line is the only line that's actually looked good in the past couple of games. Why the Helm hate?

Sure he can't score goals, but his futility is sorta entertaining and it's useful to have one line that can kill some clock without getting scored on.

I would agree that line has been solid lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad