Filip Forsberg

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hi from the Hawks board -

I posted the following on main board http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=94403985&postcount=813

I know you guys are bit quieter off-board so thought i'd ask here. What affect do you think your coaching change has had on Forsberg - i.e. I'm wondering about the interaction/difference b/w his natural development as a prospect/player and your coaching change.

The simple answer you'll probably get is that it has had a huge impact, but I think that's probably selling Forsberg's natural development short. Laviolette just hasn't been here long enough to have created that much of a change to Forsberg's game. I think what you are seeing thus far is a combination of Forsberg's natural abilities, the results of the work he put in between his short stint last year and the beginning of this season, and the icetime/role that Laviolette has placed him in on that first line. With that said, I don't actually think you would see a drastically different player if Trotz were still here (for one, Forsberg's two-way game isn't poor enough to land him in the doghouse, IMO), although you would probably see a difference in production, depending on linemates/usage.

I'm not necessarily with the consensus on this one though.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
FF9 keeps rolling. That move he made last night would have been top play of the week if he had scored. Kid is so damn good!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think that move would've been on highlight packages for years to come if he scored. He's had a lot of insane moves where he either hits the post or the shot gets stopped. Thinking of what he could do in a few years is just unreal for us Preds fans who have never had a young offensive talent like him. Yes, Radulov included. Although what Rads could've done on a team like this would be scary. Hey, someone give him a call..................I mean, what?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How many points do you guys project he puts up next season, and how many points do you think he puts up through his prime?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
How many points do you guys project he puts up next season, and how many points do you think he puts up through his prime?

Next year = 62

Prime = between 60-75

He'll never be an elite point-getter and I predict he'll never break 80. He'll end up more like a very good Bobby Ryan when he was playing with Getzlaf and Perry, scoring 64-73 points any given year. I eventually think he'll start scoring more goals and could be a 30 goal guy to count on. 32 goals, 40 assists or so.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As the old saying goes, never say never. Not saying he could do that but you won't see me say that he couldn't either. Players do things every year that people say they can't do.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
As the old saying goes, never say never. Not saying he could do that but you won't see me say that he couldn't either. Players do things every year that people say they can't do.

Fair enough. I'll rephrase -- I highly doubt Forsberg will ever break 85+

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

It is very hard to hit 85 points in today's NHL.

Only 2 players, Benn(87) and Tavares(86), hit it last season.

What I do like about Forsberg is how consistent he is. Every game, even if he doesn't score, he does a lot of other good things and is always involved in the play.

A lot will depend on who his teammates are. Benn at least has Seguin and Tavares has Okposo. For Forsberg, Ribeiro is aging and Neal is a bit inconsistent.

In his prime, I do see Forsberg being in the 72-75 point range, which is still very impressive and would put him in the top 20 in Forward scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad