Filip Forsberg

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
He just brings a certain dynamic to the Preds. He stick-handles well in high-pressure situations, manages to free himself despite being contained by two players and his release to his wrister is unique. It's somewhat of a hesitation shot, where he takes a moment to rip it and it fools the goaltender more often than not. He's a treat to watch.

Underpants2

Mar 18, 2013
Boulder, CO
Caps fan here. This type of production is what most us fans feared we would see. Glad for you guys, and Forsberg.

Sick about the trade though. Hope I never see McPhee in the NHL ever again. What he did to save his job was irresponsible.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
It's old but I somehow missed it... so I'll just leave this here:

For those who didn't know the player who says the first words in the ring there are Michael Raffl, they played great together in Leksand.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Haha I have a question for you guys. Be honest hah, thanks

I would be trading Tavares for Forsberg, catch is this is a keeper league. I would own Forsberg until he turned 25 so I have his rights for four years pretty much, I would have Tavares for just next year. Thoughts? Question is, is Forsberg for real?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I would be trading Tavares for Forsberg, catch is this is a keeper league. I would own Forsberg until he turned 25 so I have his rights for four years pretty much, I would have Tavares for just next year. Thoughts? Question is, is Forsberg for real?

we sure as heck hope so....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That's not reassuring! Haha

well, he looks really good, but so did Mackinnon last year, and he looks a lot more ordinary this year.

Forsberg has some sick moves, and seems to be tenacious on the forecheck, and has a pretty good shot...

Id say if you have a pretty good shot at winning your pool this year, Id hang on to Tavares, but if you think you're probably out of it this year, I'd go for Forsberg.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Should I trade Toews for Forsberg? H2H league where we count G A Pts +/- SOG HITS PIM PPP

Thanks.

It's a Yahoo league so Forsberg has C, LW, RW eligibility while Toews just has C.

Last edited:

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I wish I could help I don't play fantasy hockey. : ( I would keep Toews though as he is the more proven commodity. Forsberg has had a fantastic start, and I hope he continues it, however, he has been shut down in some games this year and it may catch up to him eventually. So it's your gut decision. : )

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I wish I could help I don't play fantasy hockey. : ( I would keep Toews though as he is the more proven commodity. Forsberg has had a fantastic start, and I hope he continues it, however, he has been shut down in some games this year and it may catch up to him eventually. So it's your gut decision. : )

Thanks for your input man!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Should I trade Toews for Forsberg? H2H league where we count G A Pts +/- SOG HITS PIM PPP

Thanks.

It's a Yahoo league so Forsberg has C, LW, RW eligibility while Toews just has C.

I've played Yahoo FH for a long time, and i always place a premium on players that can play multiple positions. Even if FF slows down a bit, he'll score enough as a three position player to make him incredibly valuable. Bias aside, I'd probably make that trade if I were you.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
A few interesting stats.

Everyone knows he leads the league by a good bit in +/- but did you know he is also tied for the league lead with 4 game winning goals? Out of the 14 player with 20+ games that remain point per game players, only two players have less power play points that Forsberg. Just to give you an idea of how strong he has been 5 vs 5 and how those points come at a premium here is a list of the top PPG players and the percentage of their points being earned on the power play.

Seguin - 29%
Crosby - 43%
Voracek - 35%
Malkin - 42%
Giroux - 47%
Datsyuk - 30%
Nash - 16%
Stamkos - 44%
Tarasenko - 28%
Getzlaf - 27%
Backstrom - 40%
Kessel - 39%
Parise - 30%
Forsberg - 24%

Another stat worth noting and something Forsberg should be highly praised for is his Penalties given or lack thereof. Out of these 14 players that are at a PPG pace he is tied for first on fewest penalties taken. The guy he is tied with is Datsyuk and he has played in 9 less games. He is also ranked 37th in the league in take aways while ranking 131st is giveaways. Only 2 guys of the players who have as many or more points than him have more hits as well (Getzlaf and Backstrom). One more interesting stat is he is currently tied with Tavares in shots taken and goals scored.

He isn't a one trick pony and he isn't a flash in the pan. If he continues he is going to be truly special player.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

You keep Tavares. Known vs. unknown. Hope that helps.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
You obviously have to consider the rest of your team. How much of a proven talent you have or how much you're already relying on future production.

I'm pretty new to the keeper leagues and their rules, so how long the other guy gets to keep Tavares?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Something to be noted about Forsberg as well. He is making others around him better. He really hasn't slumped this year at all. His shots are usually on net. Sure he shoots wide but infrequently. Elite players do all of this. If they do slump, it's for a very small amount of time. Goal scorers like Neal and Smith will slump because of the type of player they are. Snipers. They will do that but when they are hot, nothing can stop them. The elite goal scorers rarely go thru these types of slumps though. We have a gem finally.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
That's not reassuring! Haha

My general philosophy with any fantasy keeper league - if you've got a shot currently you keep the known commodity; if not, you look at the cumulative long-term value of the contracts and compare them. Forsberg should be good enough until age 25 to considerably out-earn the remaining term of Tavares contract.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
Considering most of you guys follow the Preds very closely, I'm sure this has been mentioned but I just couldn't help see if anyone else noticed this. I seen 2 interviews on NHL network with Filip Forsberg and he said YA like a million times!! haha.. I mean his nickname has got to be YA YA by now right?! Just thought id throw that out there cause I thought it was so hilarious when i heard it.

BTW I'm a Pens fan from Pittsburgh but always thought highly of Filip Forsberg and the Preds as well for years.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Considering most of you guys follow the Preds very closely, I'm sure this has been mentioned but I just couldn't help see if anyone else noticed this. I seen 2 interviews on NHL network with Filip Forsberg and he said YA like a million times!! haha.. I mean his nickname has got to be YA YA by now right?! Just thought id throw that out there cause I thought it was so hilarious when i heard it.

BTW I'm a Pens fan from Pittsburgh but always thought highly of Filip Forsberg and the Preds as well for years.
Actually surprised that's not his nickname. At this point I almost think it's kind of a vocal "tic". Just like when a person who stutters gets worse if he can't find the words he wants to say...same thing with FF9 except he says "yeah". I thought at first it was the "English as a second language" thing, but they say he does it a lot (but not as much) when he is speaking Swedish too.
In the BTI episode, Ekholm makes fun of him saying "yeah,yeah,yeah"
Even Ribeiro remarks on it too. It's just his thing...kinda like Weber saying "Obviously" and Wilson saying "definitely" all the time.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
Actually surprised that's not his nickname. At this point I almost think it's kind of a vocal "tic". Just like when a person who stutters gets worse if he can't find the words he wants to say...same thing with FF9 except he says "yeah". I thought at first it was the "English as a second language" thing, but they say he does it a lot (but not as much) when he is speaking Swedish too.
In the BTI episode, Ekholm makes fun of him saying "yeah,yeah,yeah"
Even Ribeiro remarks on it too. It's just his thing...kinda like Weber saying "Obviously" and Wilson saying "definitely" all the time.

Ya I completely think its a "tic" as well. I wasn't like making fun of him tho or anything just pointing it out cause its pretty obvious that the guys on nhl network are aware of it and I'm sure team mates probably poke at him about it in good fun. Scoresberg is a good hockey nickname tho for sure like the guy above mentioned but i think ya-ya is a perfect nickname in real life haha. And yea almost all professional athletes say "obviously" repeatedly, considering the media asks pretty obvious questions repeatedly.

Here's the interview from tonight tho if anyone wants to see. i honestly think he has been hearing it from teamates or something cause he uses it only 10x here rather than like 30x in the last interview i seen on nhlnetwork. It's just funny to me i guess n had to share. :laugh: (sorry about the rough quality video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZWsJeSNtA&list=UUX3GvymXXqJ1KITeuvnrTmQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad