Filip Forsberg

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I doubt it at this point.. especially after signing Roy and ribs.. would have to beat a lot of guys out just because of the roster spots and guys on one way deals

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
There is no telling at this point. He has the skill to play right now, its just a matter of fitness and IQ/maturity. I think if he had a good camp and made the team out right, that could give him a good boost in confidence.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
What it really comes down to is this:

Does Poile want to risk losing Bourque or Beck on waivers. If so then yes he makes it, if not then no he does not.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
He'll play. He'll play a lot too.

Injuries, slumps happen. Some guys just flat out won't producce. He'll be the first forward up from Milwaukee if he doesn't make the team out of camp.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Okay so your telling me give up on Beck and Bourque before they even get substantial minutes under a highly offensive coach :shakehead

Sorry but Beck I think could get 20+ goals and so could Bourque. Give them the minutes and the right scheme.

Personally I 50% agree. On one hand, Bourque had a great year two seasons ago. I'd like to see if he can get that back. Beck, however, I just don't see him being more than a 3rd line injury call-up. Hope I'm wrong, though.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Personally I 50% agree. On one hand, Bourque had a great year two seasons ago. I'd like to see if he can get that back. Beck, however, I just don't see him being more than a 3rd line injury call-up. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Also to comment on Bourque from last year, The Predatorial says last year was a career year for him, although he was kind of invisible to me.

2013-2014 Possession Statistic Highlights:
Of those who played 21+ games with Nashville last season, Gabriel Bourque was Nashville’s top possession-driving player in Corsi For percentage (52.3%) and Fenwick For percentage (54.1%).

Staggeringly, Bourque drove possession better than nearly every forward in every situation last season for the Predators

2013-2014 Recap: Finding himself toiling away in the middle of Nashville’s lineup last season, Bourque set career-highs in assists and points in his third NHL season. While his shooting percentage took a double-digit dip from 2012-2013, Bourque found his way last season and should find a more active role this year.

http://www.thepredatorial.com/2014/08/07/2014-2015-player-preview-gabriel-bourque/

Back on topic though. I think the last spot comes down to Beck/Forsberg with the real decision being based on how willing is Poile to risk possibly losing Beck to waivers.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
No, I think he needs a little bit more time in the AHL then mid-season call up by that time either A) a forward is injured or B) A forward is traded

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
beck would be snatched up quick on waiver

in midseason, maybe… but in the flood of players sent down at the end of camp, he'd probably make it, because if you claim a player off waivers you have to put them on your NHL roster and keep them there for at least 30 days. How many teams are going to be needing a forward, before the season, who can't make Nashvilles roster?

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
in midseason, maybe… but in the flood of players sent down at the end of camp, he'd probably make it, because if you claim a player off waivers you have to put them on your NHL roster and keep them there for at least 30 days. How many teams are going to be needing a forward, before the season, who can't make Nashvilles roster?

Players cant be claimed off waivers until after preseason if they don't have 2 way contracts I believe

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Okay so your telling me give up on Beck and Bourque before they even get substantial minutes under a highly offensive coach :shakehead

Sorry but Beck I think could get 20+ goals and so could Bourque. Give them the minutes and the right scheme.

Bourque isn't a 20 goal player. He rode a hot season and especially playoff where he shot 17 percent. He's not good defensively, and he's really only fair offensively. If Roy works out(I don't think he will), Bourque's spot on the team starts to evaporate.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Bourque has amazing speed and really good hands in tight. He's not a top offensive player but has a good base to build off of. His defensive play is sufficient, he doesn't chase down low much that I've seen and stays on assignment, not much to a wingers defensive game as long as they're willing to backcheck and he seems fine doing that.

He's probably one of the best forecheckers on the team and does a good job carrying the puck when he needs too. He's not a dangler but he's not hands of stone either.

I said before I'd keep him over Spaling and I still would.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think Bourque has amazing speed and really good hands in tight. He's not a top offensive player but has a good base to build off of. His defensive play is sufficient, he doesn't chase down low much that I've seen and stays on assignment, not much to a wingers defensive game as long as they're willing to backcheck and he seems fine doing that.

He's probably one of the best forecheckers on the team and does a good job carrying the puck when he needs too. He's not a dangler but he's not hands of stone either.

I said before I'd keep him over Spaling and I still would.

I would as well, but Spaling was quantifiably draining the team, and was setting up to be a 2M+ player(which he now is).

I'm just saying, I don't think, in the long run, Bourque is much more than a third line player, and if Forsberg is ready(and I'm really curious to see this, since I don't think he was properly utilized even slightly by Trotz), I can't see holding him out of the lineup because it means Bourque goes to the bench.

I'll post my roster in the appropriate thread, I don't believe I've done that.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Bourque is quick and can be tenacious. He's also pretty decent in front of the net. I think he'll complement the 3rd line nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad