Filip Forsberg

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Anyone else see them trying Forsberg at center this year? Just makes too much sense given our needs. I think he has the brains for it. Plus, Laviolette has had success converting a playmaking winger to center (Giroux).

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Anyone else see them trying Forsberg at center this year? Just makes too much sense given our needs. I think he has the brains for it. Plus, Laviolette has had success converting a playmaking winger to center (Giroux).

Discussed this with a couple of Preds friends (@bigreid07 & our very own BFC) we came to a conclusion that if he wants to play center then he'll play center (has to add some weight of course)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Discussed this with a couple of Preds friends (@bigreid07 & our very own BFC) we came to a conclusion that if he wants to play center then he'll play center (has to add some weight of course)

"Our very own BFC"!?!?

You make me sound like a celebrity. Lol.

Fact is the Preds have too many forwards numbers wise and I could see guys like Beck or Bourque added to deals to add depth. With Sissons, Watson, and Arvidsson the Preds could ship Beck and Bourque as deal sweeteners. I could hear some scream but Nystrom and Gaustad are gone next year!!! Ok, but 4th line players are cheap on the UFA market

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Our very own BFC"!?!?

You make me sound like a celebrity. Lol.

*cough*cough*hotelselection*cough*
;)

I admit to still being unconvinced w/r/t FF's chances at center in the NHL. Mostly because I've seen this story so many times before as a Jackets fan. But, hey, if it works...

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Not many players move from winger to center at the NHL level, that's done in developmental leagues.

Some players who were centers in minors begin their NHL careers at wing before moving to center but not many move to center after playing most of their professional career on a wing.

To me, Forsberg has a winger mentality. He's a freelancer, and likes to run around and create, he's not a structure defense assignment type player, IMHO.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
To me, Forsberg has a winger mentality. He's a freelancer, and likes to run around and create, he's not a structure defense assignment type player, IMHO.

Absolutely agree. Forsberg is at his best when he's allowed to roam free and suppress the breakout in the other team's end. He created more than a few scoring chances - and more than a few goals - because Laviolette took the leash off of him and let him play that way. I would be very surprised to see him go to the middle.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

I completely agree with this. He reminds me of Perry and Cammalleri in the way he loves to find open holes on the ice to release quick shots. He's a very North-South player who is dangerous from 0 to 15 feet out. I want him finding holes and using his shot arsenal, not looking to play out of his comfort zone and pass up shots in order to setup a linemate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad