Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Neither was the NHL after 3 years. The CHL started in 2014.

The Champions Hockey League also features teams from some really mediocre leagues. I mean Liiga and the SHL, fine. But the Danish League, EIHL and the French league? It's basically a competition to see which Finnish or Swedish team will win. I'm sure it will develop some prestige in the countries involved but it's hard to imagine it becoming something of global prestige.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Amazing Kreiderman :

EBEL is a better league than CHL IMO

signature : fan of Orli Znojmo

can not wait for the derby in Vienna upcoming season...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
99% associate CHL with three major junior leagues in Canada. It has a clout, history and following.

European Championship League (ECL - feel free to borrow it) is an afterthought of a tournament

European Championship League is soccer's premier competition and not an afterthought of a tournament.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Euro champions league soccer is not an afterthought. It is the ultimate club championship in soccer. The league championships are nice but not the ultimate.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Champions League round of 8 is one of the greatest sports spectacles of the year.

like, what

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Lets send the next stanley cup winner to this European Champions League and see how far ahead of them we actually are!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
European Championship League is soccer's premier competition and not an afterthought of a tournament.

Lol, I was talking about the hockey tournament. Never said soccer equivalent was an afterthought.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
so true.

not a fan of this format of ECL either.

anyway we have only choice to pushing it up and pray for it here in Europe.

it was my last thought as well

Sports in Europe is different. Buying/selling instead of trading, no draft, promotion/relegation. Can't really compare it to the NHL. But for these European teams, the CHL is a good experience because they get to play in other countries, against different opposition. It's a shame the KHL doesn't participate. The CHL isn't some great competition comparable to the NHL but for me, living in Austria, it's a great chance to see some guys from Sweden when they play here

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Last thing I'll say on the "CHL" is that this is a board based in North America with predominantly American and Canadian users. It's why there's a "posts in English only" policy here. An overwhelming majority of the North American posters here (hell, and probably a substantial majority of non-North American posters) would instantly identify the CHL as the trio of Major Junior leagues. Back when the Central Hockey League was a thing and we'd occasionally send a guy to the Dayton Gems or wherever, I was always careful to reference the league in a way such that no one was confused. So, I don't know why you'd want to insist on referring to this Champions League as the CHL when it's going to just lead to confusion, but whatever.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Back to Chytil, I like the physical build the kid has. Doesn't look all that large in the upper body, but from the waist down he's thick meaning that he is going to be a beast to knock off the puck once he physically matures and being one of the youngest draft picks in the 17 draft, we have three+ years of potential physical growth to see what the final product could look like.

This has home run pick written all over it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers paid a transfer fee for both Andersson and Chytil. July 15 is that deadline.

Will Filip Chytil stay in Zlín or go overseas? This will definitely be known to the representatives of the extra-league ice hockey club after the New York Rangers pre-season camp.

But now, he knows that 260,000 dollars are being collected for the signature of his kidnapper in the contract with the Riders. In terms of approximately six million crowns, Czech clubs receive the NHL as a compensation for taking the best players.

"We will use it," Zlin Martin Hosták, General Manager, reminds us that the club has no main partner for the time being. The NHL sends monetary compensation through the Czech Union in two installments - the first half arrives in September, the rest at the end of the season.

The financial details of the contract were not disclosed by either party. "It is certain that Philip will take part in the New Year's Camp in late August and then in the middle of September of the Rangers Camp before the start of the NHL," Player agent Jaroslav Balaštík confirmed for Zlín club clubs.

"Congratulations to Philip to sign the contract. We will hold his thumbs. The continuation of his career is in the hands of the Rangers, "says Hosták, that Zlín must wait.

He has four options. He can jump straight into the NHL, or enjoy an OG Hockey at AHL at the farm or at
the Ontario Hockey League, the rest of which is Zlin. "We are convinced that it would be best for all parties to have Philip play another year in the league," said Hosták. "I Auston Matthews before joining the NHL played a year of adult hockey in Switzerland," he recalled the draft of the 2016 draft.

http://translate.google.com/transla...t-dec-/hokej.aspx?c=A170717_2339099_hokej_tof

Chytil wants to play in the Czech Republic for one more season.

The Rangers paid the transfer fee because the player is under contract. The Rangers loan the player back to the team in Europe.

Players selected in the NHL draft can be signed until July 15
or until Aug. 15 in the year they are drafted. The NHL pays an
additional fee of $100,000 for signing players in the later window
between July 16 and Aug. 15.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2935051

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah he outright says he'd prefer another year in Zlin over the AHL. That's fine, let him stay. He's so young.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Definitely AHL or Extraliga.

The kid is 17. If he doesn't feel ready to uproot himself and move to another country, fine. Czech Extraliga is meh but it's still a decent league where he'll be competing against men. That's fine for his development and is fine by me.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
If he plays in the AHL for the next two seasons does his ELC continue to slide because of his age? Or does it only slide for one season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad