Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Great to have them both signed and I don't think it's going to more than a couple years before they're both in the Rangers lineup. These signings show both players are committed.

I think its important to note that European players who were just drafted have to be signed by July 15th in order to be eligible to participate in training camp (assuming the players who were drafted are under contract over seas and are not playing in the KHL.)

TC will be a good experience for both of them regardless of where they play afterwards.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
they're both not going back to Europe. Maybe they start in Hartford and play in WJC in Buffalo.

I actually think that Chytil will play one more year in the Czech Rep.--keeping in mind that he's just about the youngest player in his draft class and IMO he'll be better off in the Czech league and international tournaments than he would be in the OHL.

Andersson OTOH already acts like a seasoned pro. Not saying he'll make the Rangers out of training camp but I think he has a shot. If not he might play in Hartford or he might play for Frolunda--I think he'll leave that decision to the Rangers management and do what they think best.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see him come over and dominate juniors.

You know he'll get the reps he needs and the ice time in juniors.

Smaller ice too.

It's been a while since the Czech league developed a player straight out of there.

A lot of the good young Czech players now came in through juniors before hitting the NHL.

Nothing against the extraliga, but the quality of competition isn't the highest in that league at the moment, Chytil might see more ice time, and get used to dominating.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I'd like to see him come over and dominate juniors.

You know he'll get the reps he needs and the ice time in juniors.

Smaller ice too.

It's been a while since the Czech league developed a player straight out of there.

A lot of the good young Czech players now came in through juniors before hitting the NHL.

Nothing against the extraliga, but the quality of competition isn't the highest in that league at the moment, Chytil might see more ice time, and get used to dominating.

I don't like that idea at all, playing against men will be harder and better for his development. No need to pluck the kid from home and send him to Bum****ville Canada, a terrible team too.

Dominating hard competition is good, dominating lower competition is pointless.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I don't like that idea at all, playing against men will be harder and better for his development. No need to pluck the kid from home and send him to Bum****ville Canada, a terrible team too.

Dominating hard competition is good, dominating lower competition is pointless.

Yup. I believe NYR managment will make a right decision. in fact it is not so easy. probably one more year in Extraliga. Anyway I have no clue regarding any NA lower leagues...

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I believe Herman said on twitter a while back that someone told him for Chytil it was AHL or back to the Czech league. I think he goes back to the Czech league though

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am part of it. I dont know. I know CHL as (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) so what is it CL or CHL are you talking about...?

I never refer to major juniors as CHL, since it's not really a league but more a combination of the 3. CHL to me is the Champions Hockey League

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I never refer to major juniors as CHL, since it's not really a league but more a combination of the 3. CHL to me is the Champions Hockey League

99% associate CHL with three major junior leagues in Canada. It has a clout, history and following.

European Championship League (ECL - feel free to borrow it) is an afterthought of a tournament

Babula

May 31, 2012
If Lias goes back to Sweden, he will be playing a game in Austria and one in Switzerland. Easy for me to attend

understand. ok then. same feelings here. I will love to see Chytil in Extraliga one more season.

But there is no problem for me to folowing his transition to NA hockey as soon as possible as well. NHL at best hopefully. :crossfing

Babula

May 31, 2012
99% associate CHL with three major junior leagues in Canada. It has a clout, history and following.

European Championship League (ECL - feel free to borrow it) is an afterthought of a tournament

what do you mean by this sentence exactly ?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
My feeling on Chytil here is 2 seasons of development followed by debut, could be more though.

Yr 1.) Czech
Yr 2.) AHL
Yr 3.) NHL

I mean, really he could be NHL in year 2. If this really is a player who would be a top-10 pick if he was born a week later (which really depends on what he does in Europe this year), then it isn't out of the realm that a top-10 type player would make his NHL debut right away. That's year 2. I'd like to see him get adjusted to North America in the AHL, though. Spend one year there.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Neither was the NHL after 3 years. The CHL started in 2014.

First, some form of this competition has been around for many decades and it is always was an afterthought.

Second, if you agree that it's a lesser competition, then why do you feel it "earned" the right for the same reference as the Canadian Juniors?

Anyway, not a big deal and I'm not going to comment on this anymore.

Babula

May 31, 2012
First, some form of this competition has been around for many decades and it is always was an afterthought.

Second, if you agree that it's a lesser competition, then why do you feel it "earned" the right for the same reference as the Canadian Juniors?

Anyway, not a big deal and I'm not going to comment on this anymore.

so true.

not a fan of this format of ECL either.

anyway we have only choice to pushing it up and pray for it here in Europe.

it was my last thought as well

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3