Favourite/Hated Habs from 2000-2010

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Pffft, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm obviously a Egller fan, **** that Eller guy :sarcasm:

Reminds me of the EGG line (Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher), damn they were good together... then Therrien had to dismantle the line to try to get his poor little DD going, and we never saw them together again... piss poor management.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Honestly, I think I rooted for most players in 2007-2008/2008-2009 seasons. The former season was especially fun.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
A. Kostitsyn
Kovalev

My wife and I always got a kick out of George Laraque too so I'd have to put him in there. She wasn't into hockey until she met me so the concept of this big guy who's only purpose is to fight people bewildered her. Then he scored his lone goal of the past two seasons and I remember watching it with her, we went mental, then he was let go the following the day I believe

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Sheldon the cône orange Souray !!!

Yes he had an amazing year with 26 goals in 2006-2007 but god he was awful defensively.

I remember that year he was 3 times in the top 10 for the most amazing goals of 2006-2007 season : ...remember the spezza's goals and Brière's too

A proof that montrealers don't know their hockey...: At the end of that season Markov and him were UFA , there was a survey asking who Mtl should keep : 5000 answers.....: 2/3 said Souray....

We did mot make the playoffs in 2006-2007 loosing the last game vs Toronto...his value at the trade deadline was at the top ( we recieved Gorges and a first pick (MAX67) for Rivet.

Gainey chose to keep him and we lost le Cône orange for nothing on July first...

Souray became the most overpaid player in the league after that..

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
A. Kostitsyn
Kovalev

My wife and I always got a kick out of George Laraque too so I'd have to put him in there. She wasn't into hockey until she met me so the concept of this big guy who's only purpose is to fight people bewildered her. Then he scored his lone goal of the past two seasons and I remember watching it with her, we went mental, then he was let go the following the day I believe
Yep against Dallas I believe. Was a pretty weird situation. I remember people hated Martin for not playing him and quoting Andre Roy about how JM was against goons.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Curious that with all the hatred levelled at Tomas Plekanec for his game in the playoff's etc. Seems odd that he's barely mentioned now that he's instrumental for Toronto against bitter rival Boston Bruins. As he always was as a Hab against the best centers in the league for his career.:(:(:( Some of the fans need to watch more hockey than the stat's line, every night methinks.:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Favorites: Dale Weise, Garth Murray, Aaron Downey, Darren Langdon, Richard Zednik, Tomas Plekanec, Alex Kovalev, Doug Gilmour and Andrei Markov.

Least: Janne Niinimaa, Patrick Traverse, Karl Dykhuis, Chad Kilger,

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Favorites: Dale Weise, Garth Murray, Aaron Downey, Darren Langdon, Richard Zednik, Tomas Plekanec, Alex Kovalev, Doug Gilmour and Andrei Markov.

Garth Murray? Really? Only thing I remember is when he scored two goals against the Predators in a crazy game (same one I think were Forsberg fell on his ass in the shootout).

WTF why do I random such useless shit:

11 years ago, Jesus.

Last edited:

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Favorites:
Chris Chelios
Mats Naslund
Shayne Corson
Kirk Muller
John LeClair
Vinny Damphousse
Lyle Odelein
Saku Koivu
Andrei Markov
PK Subban
Brendan Gallagher
Shea Weber

Most hated:
Michael Ryder
René Bourque

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Peter Popovich was funny. Cant remember if it was before 2000, but there was this one time when Valeri Bure was having strong words to Eric Lindros's stomach, and Popo came behind Valeri and put a hand on his shoulder to remove him, like "hey kid, stop barking at a mountain"

It was priceless

Aug 25, 2009
éal

Ahh ! People from Ile-Perrot and their crush on redhead enforcers...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I've loved most of the Canadiens players & actually hated very few.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I'll add Oleg Petrov & Sergei Zholtov to the names. They were fun to watch.

I absolutely hated David Aebischer. OMG was he bad!! Worst goalie ever. I was in constant distress watching him play.

Also didn't care much for Mariusz Czerkawski & Pierre Dagenais. Weak & useless.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I'll add Oleg Petrov & Sergei Zholtov to the names. They were fun to watch.

I absolutely hated David Aebischer. OMG was he bad!! Worst goalie ever. I was in constant distress watching him play.

All i remember from Aebischer was that he couldn't make a glove save to save his life.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Pierre Dagenais would get outskated by teens at the rink I used to play in my early 20's. We're about the same age.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Curious that with all the hatred levelled at Tomas Plekanec for his game in the playoff's etc. Seems odd that he's barely mentioned now that he's instrumental for Toronto against bitter rival Boston Bruins. As he always was as a Hab against the best centers in the league for his career.:(:(:( Some of the fans need to watch more hockey than the stat's line, every night methinks.:naughty::naughty::naughty:

I still don't want to sign him.

You score two goals in the playoffs and people so quickly forget the offensive black hole you've been for the entire year.
Also he played in nine playoff series with us and did not really a whole lot for us in most of them. I'll take my nine playoff and fourteen season sample size over the 23 game sample size in Toronto - with at least 17 of those games Plekanecs being an offensive black hole.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
All i remember from Aebischer was that he couldn't make a glove save to save his life.

Glove, 5-hole & angles. The trifecta of awfulness even worse than Scrivens. He was only able to make saves with his legs, trapper & upper body. He had quick legs & ok movement side to side because of really long legs so he could make the odd great save.

Tried to play block style since he had good size, but he had no athleticism. Was always off his angles, couldn't protect the 5-hole. Everything went between his legs. Couldn't catch a puck to save his life. He'd try to knock it down then drop on it. He also had no idea how to use his goalie stick.

Worst NHL goalie I've ever seen. Fortunately it was only one year & we also had Cristobal Huet, who was good that year. Still, he played 32 games with us.

When Huet got injured, Carbo ignored Aebischer & Habs called up Halak who played his first NHL games. He won 10 straight at home, but couldn't win on the road. That was the year Habs missed the playoffs on the final day losing in Toronto 6-5.

Aebischer's days were numbered when the Canadiens decided to go with an untried rookie down the stretch instead of him. Next year he was in Europe.

My gawd I despised him! Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad