Favorite moment(s) of the 2022-23 season.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Realizing the draft lottery was last week and I could care less
Feels weird to say, but that’s bittersweet for me lol. A huge part of my hockey fandom is following prospects and our young guys. I found a certain joy out of seeing a rebuild and starting from the ground up, getting top prospects, seeing them develop and such. It was somewhat exciting for me to see all that unfold. Don’t get me wrong, the losing sucked, and I’m happy about the season and the future, ecstatic even. But there’s some fun to be had there too imo, the building and upswing aspect.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Feels weird to say, but that’s bittersweet for me lol. A huge part of my hockey fandom is following prospects and our young guys. I found a certain joy out of seeing a rebuild and starting from the ground up, getting top prospects, seeing them develop and such. It was somewhat exciting for me to see all that unfold. Don’t get me wrong, the losing sucked, and I’m happy about the season, ecstatic even. But there’s some fun to be had there too imo, the building and upswing aspect.
IMG_8266.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well we have fond memories of the lottery cause it worked out for us multiple times. Imagine if we were Detroit, or had our hopes pinned on the Kid Line
This is why I'm not a huge believer in ''Wow! The Red Wings..... They're gonna be a realllllllly good team'' theory that seems to be a meme these days.

They haven't had the lottery luck and Holland FUBAR'D that team worse than Lou did over here. All those stupid contracts for all these shit players like Abdelkader lol. Remember him? I remember when he made Team USA at the world cup of hockey in 2016 over Palmieri (who later got in because of an injury) and Kessel because he was a really good defensive shutdown player lol. He was basically a much better goal scoring Michael McLeod and had a couple of 40+ point seasons because he scored 20 goals a couple (23 once, 19 the other time) times lol.

While I've been a critic of the Yzerman worship. I also don't expect them to really be that competitive until 2026 or 2027 at the earliest. A lottery win coule speed that up slightly, but if they keep having 80-82 point seasons I'm not sure how many lotteries they're going to win.

Put it this way. When Holland took over in 2019, they were in worse shape than we were in 2015. And they didn't win a lottery in 2021 or 2023. So basically they're even further behind right now than we were in 2019, but they do have some good pieces.

It's possible they have some attainable success before 2026 or 2027 (like our 2018), but it likely won't be sustainable.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Feels weird to say, but that’s bittersweet for me lol. A huge part of my hockey fandom is following prospects and our young guys. I found a certain joy out of seeing a rebuild and starting from the ground up, getting top prospects, seeing them develop and such. It was somewhat exciting for me to see all that unfold. Don’t get me wrong, the losing sucked, and I’m happy about the season and the future, ecstatic even. But there’s some fun to be had there too imo, the building and upswing aspect.

We still need to draft and develop guys, you don’t lose that part.

I get that talk about all the cool prospects you likely don’t even have a shot at doesn’t have the same allure.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Well we have fond memories of the lottery cause it worked out for us multiple times. Imagine if we were Detroit, or had our hopes pinned on the Kid Line
Yeah, I think we moved up more often than we moved down since 2015. We moved from 5th to 1st to get Hischier, 3rd to 1st to get Hughes, 5th to 2nd to get Nemec. I think 2020 was the only year we really got negatively affected by the lottery and we still walked away with Holtz, Mercer, Mukh from the first round. We got our fair share of luck to turn this thing around.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
Bahl, Schmid, Luke development
Mcleod being a beast in the playoffs and regular season.
Jack/Aho fight
Erik Haula , just in general
Marino double nostril plug

HM to some off the ice moments

not trading Casey or Holtz in the Meier deal
Keith Yandle
rachel d's twitter getting blasted
Lindy praising Bahl
Haula's comments at end of season
The intermission interviews during the reg. season were very good this year.
Bill filling in to Cangy's spot decently
Erika's return
"The Vitek" and basically every other comment he made all year

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Meh. Their losing of lottery helped them to not draft worser players. Imagine if they drafted Lafrenier instead Raymond or Turcott instead Seider. Holland was bad too, but he isn't in the building anymore. They drafted a lot of very good prospects in Yzerman era and should definitely be exited about thus draft. If they don't, its their own personal problem.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I also don't expect them to really be that competitive until 2026 or 2027 at the earliest.
You are close to make right conclusion, but its still wrong. (Ofcourse in hypothetical plane) They need one driver-playmaking player. And goalie. Plus they need to grow their talent. They have good package. But Yzerman is an active gm, and they have 9 and 17 picks this year to draft more talent. And he is very good drafter(or his scouts).

I would say two years, may be three in the bad case where they can't find good goalie like we did before. We were playoff team previous year, but goalies and injuries ruined our season. You can't plan things like this, and we are trying to plan in this discussion.

BTW I remember greatly every game with Detroit this year. It was a joy to watch our dominant performance against them even in losing games. Because I know my redwings buddies watched this games too.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You are close to make right conclusion, but its still wrong. (Ofcourse in hypothetical plane) They need one driver-playmaking player. And goalie. Plus they need to grow their talent. They have good package. But Yzerman is an active gm, and they have 9 and 17 picks this year to draft more talent. And he is very good drafter(or his scouts).

I would say two years, may be three in the bad case where they can't find good goalie like we did before. We were playoff team previous year, but goalies and injuries ruined our season. You can't plan things like this, and we are trying to plan in this discussion.

BTW I remember greatly every game with Detroit this year. It was a joy to watch our dominant performance against them even in losing games. Because I know my redwings buddies watched this games too.

Like the Red Wings hate here, good to see that sort of thing travels well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad