Favorite moment(s) of the 2022-23 season.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
What's your favorite moment from this season. I know it sucks that it's over and we have to watch other teams play and focus on the draft/free agency but this season was much needed for the players and fans. This season was a real fun one. Beating the Rangers in game 7 was easily the best moment so let's make it interesting and just stick to the regular season for this. I'm sure thos thread will help lighten the mood in here for a bit.

I'll start it off and say my favorite moment was Luke scoring the overtime goal in his 2nd game. The Devils played really bad the first half of the game and than came back from being down 3 goals to what eventually led to that overtime goal. I was so annoyed that Ruff started Blackwood and rested certain guys when we were trying to still win the division. It was a very crazy game to watch. We also set the franchise record for points in a season and most road wins that game too.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland

This felt like the game the streak should have ended. Everyone wanted to be the team that would end the streak as it was becoming the no 1 talking point around the league.

We had to put in our rookie goalie late at the game (I dont even remember why he was called up and not Daws since he sucked last season to put it mildly) and someway you could even feel it from the crowd, they felt nervous and probably thinking this is how its gonna end. Then its overtime and Ottawa gets PP. That was really the moment even I was thinking that this has to be it.

Each one of those saves in OT got The Rock even more loud and made me literally jump out of my seat. Not only were they great saves, but it really felt like the damn hockey gods were on our side.

Those saves felt better than the eventual OT winner.

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
The Edmonton game for me during the streak. To comeback like we did, tie it, then to immediately pull ahead. That’s the sauce right there. That’s the moment I was thinking we might have something with this team and that maybe the demons from the past could be overcome.

I was 1-3 to games I attended this year including the game 2 blowout loss against the Rangers. But the game I did attend for the lone win was Luke’s first game and Jack breaking Elias’s record. That is gonna stick with me for a long time.

Favorite goal of the year? Jacks coast to coast against the Senators the night we clinched.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I loved the absolute beatdowns we put on Columbus and the Flyers at various points in the season. That was a dominating team coming in and taking out the trash, like they should have.

The Severson OT winner against the Rangers was particularly sweet for me, because I watched it live with my Rangers fan father-in-law.

That stretch where Dougie scored 2 OT winners in a row, and I believe assisted on a third, was great.

And of course the win streak early in the season, where we wondered if we would ever lose again, was amazing to experience.

But my absolute favorite moments are probably the ones I saw in person:

- The Bratt OT winner against Vancouver during a game where Palat scored twice on the same shift, and Hughes did superstar shit all night.
- The wild 8-4 win against Carolina last Sunday, now with both Hughes brothers doing superstar shit all night.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
The most I celebrated any sporting moment in the last decade was Haula's goal to make it 3-0 Devils in game 7 against the Rangers.

My 1-year old was asleep in his room and has been going through a sleep regression so I had to silently whisper-scream while jumping around the house. Took me until the end of the game to catch my breath.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Palat’s play on Mikey’s goal in Game 7.
Timo’s first goal.
Luke’s first goal.
Jack’s hatty and his goal against Ottawa.
Nico’s goal against the Flames at home.
Dougie’s 2 OT goals vs VGK and PIT
Bratt Edmonton goal.
Zetterlund OT goal in Calgary.
Damon OT goal vs the Rangers
The 1-0 win against the Avalanche
Vitek winning the SO in SJ
Schmid coming in and stealing the game against OTT.

And I have to be forgetting some. Many, many good moments this year.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Oh boy, this season had many favorite/memorable moments for me.

In-arena moments:
1) McLeod/Palat play (Round 1 game 7 goal)
2) Haula goals (Game 1 and Game 7), and in general those 2v1 goals with Haula/Hughes/Mercer
3) Sorry Lindy
4) Fans going crazy during the Toronto 3 goal callback game. The energy was insane that game, riotous even. The game that ended "the streak."
4) A bunch of the clutch goals by Nico/Hughes/Dougie at the home games in regular season
5) Hughes hattrick.
6) The whole section of people dressed up as referees and cheering for the refs all game long. Forgot what game that was, but it was early in the season.
7) The blowout games at home vs. CBJ, so many goals, there was a 7 and 8 goal game a piece.

Moments not seen in arena:
1) The Severson OT goal vs. Rangers in regular season (Which I feel was the most pivotal moment of the regular season which determined which direction in the standings we would be trending for the rest of the season). And the Bratter laser PP goal (I think it was same game).

2) The Sieges goal vs. Rangers round 1, and Dougie OT.
3) The EDM quick strike game
4) The numerous clutch comeback wins away, and the whole Canada trip in general, was watching very closely
5) Boqvist/Mercer/McLeod beasting stirring up some comeback wins (i think vs. Ottawa, or it was another team). The few games where they were totally beasting everyone midway or two-thirds into the season.
6) Some clutch SHG plays between Nico and Sharangovich/Mercer.

I'm probably missing a whole bunch, but so many good memories this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I only went to 3 games, which I guess is an annual thing now. It seems now the way they do it is every year they have either game in Sunrise and two in Tampa or vice versa. They used to play in both Sunrise and Tampa on the same trip. So sometimes I would get to see 4 games a year and sometimes only 2. Now it seems 3 a year, as long as I wanna drive to Sunrise, which is a haul.

The win in Florida right before Christmas and the Bratt hat trick in Tampa in March were both really fun. Lot of Devils fans that night in Tampa. The loudest chants for the Devils I've ever heard there.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Rangers Doggo revival - That was the biggest. Jim starting to understand how deep is his rabbit hole. Fire Ruff narrative turned to Sign Ruff, release of the final episode of epic war movie trilogy Black Wood Down. Nico as the 9th best playerfrom the draft turned into the ppg Selky nominee. Bad pick of Nemec turned into the Great pick of Nemec, character issue\defensive prone Luke Hughes turned out to be a good defenseman actually with some potential. Fitzgerald, who spent the fifth peak on Butcher's trade, turned out to be a good GM. Johnny Gaudreaunee f*cked up. Devils won the series against Rangers not because Shestyorkin wasn`t good enough, but even when Shestyorkin was great.

That was a great season, full of great games and story lines. I will remember it forever.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Being the first team to sweep all of Canada.

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad