Favorite moment(s) of the 2022-23 season.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What's your favorite moment from this season. I know it sucks that it's over and we have to watch other teams play and focus on the draft/free agency but this season was much needed for the players and fans. This season was a real fun one. Beating the Rangers in game 7 was easily the best moment so let's make it interesting and just stick to the regular season for this. I'm sure thos thread will help lighten the mood in here for a bit.

I'll start it off and say my favorite moment was Luke scoring the overtime goal in his 2nd game. The Devils played really bad the first half of the game and than came back from being down 3 goals to what eventually led to that overtime goal. I was so annoyed that Ruff started Blackwood and rested certain guys when we were trying to still win the division. It was a very crazy game to watch. We also set the franchise record for points in a season and most road wins that game too.

Same game for me, I was sitting there wondering why I even bothered making the drive to DC after they announced Blackwood started and then proceeded to shit the bed but then the wild come back happened and got to see Jack hit 99 and Luke get his first goal.

The other regular season game for me was the 1-0 win against Colorado at home earlier in the season. It really set the tone that we were legit for the season.

Playoff wise it's easily the game 7 win, such a fun and tremendous atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For me, the live moments that were the most fun were:

Nico's GWG against Calgary
Dougie's tying and OT winners against Vegas
3-0 shutout over Carolina
Luke's debut, Jack sets the point record win vs. Buffalo.

But this season had so many fun moments and truly too many to name. I don't know if I've had as much fun during a regular season as I did on that 13 game heater.

The playoff moments trumped them all though. Dougie's OT winner, Siegs' Game 4 snipe, Dawson's Game 5 rocket and Palat going god mode in Game 7.

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
To sound cliche, my favorite moment(s) was the season itself. Looking forward to nights that the Devils were playing and probably tuning in a solid 70+ times this season, I don't know if I had done that for prior Devils' seasons.

Tuning in cause the team was good, competing and actually winning.

Not needing to change the channel when the team would go down multiple goals in a regular season game, cause you knew there was a good chance they would at the very least tie it up.

Playing meaningful hockey games after Christmas.

Watching the games not just cause a new callup would play, but seeing the recent ones play and contribute.

Was a great season......just wished it would have lasted longer.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
To sound cliche, my favorite moment(s) was the season itself. Looking forward to nights that the Devils were playing and probably tuning in a solid 70+ times this season, I don't know if I had done that for prior Devils' seasons.

Tuning in cause the team was good, competing and actually winning.

Not needing to change the channel when the team would go down multiple goals in a regular season game, cause you knew there was a good chance they would at the very least tie it up.

Playing meaningful hockey games after Christmas.

Watching the games not just cause a new callup would play, but seeing the recent ones play and contribute.

Was a great season......just wished it would have lasted longer.

Was going to come in here and say every moment but this sums it up well. The Devils being a great team again has me all fired up, made every night worth tuning into. Can't wait for next season!

And I'll add just Bill and Dano! I missed them in the 2nd round.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Great Taco Turnaround of 2023

But yeah all the obvious ones from the regular season have been named, the Severson one against the Rangers was huge not just cause it was the Rangers and they came from two back in the third, but because it stopped the home losing streak and ended the December-early January malaise.

Just the whole week we tied the all-time record for consecutive wins was memorable though, the up of beating Edmonton to tie the record, the emotion of what happened against Toronto, selling out every game that week - that was the week (a crescendo of our three-week stretch really) that brought Devils fans back out of hibernation.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Was going to come in here and say every moment but this sums it up well. The Devils being a great team again has me all fired up, made every night worth tuning into. Can't wait for next season!

And I'll add just Bill and Dano! I missed them in the 2nd round.

Love Bill, we really lucked out with him and he'll only get even better.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Where is this video?? 😂
I saw it at the Cannes film festival where it won most unhinged performance. @Bleedred had a wonderful acceptance speech where he thanked Blackwood for not sucking that night he was in attendance. I believe Robert Eggers asked him for tips to improve the sequel to the Lighthouse that @NjDevsRR is producing.

Ok it was in the game thread for the game in Sunrise that Balckwood started.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
The loas vs the Canes is much easier to swallow when you know the team is in great shape. There's some big decisions to make this offseason but I have faith in Fitz and management.

Reactions: Guadana

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where is this video?? 😂
I still have it on my phone. Not sure if it’s still up there, as I think that site only keeps your vids up for a day or two?

He couldn’t hear me or anything. He was being interviewed by Darren Pang on the bench after the game and I was on the opposite side of the rink kind of behind the Panthers penalty box.

If I screamed it at the top of my lungs he may have been able to hear me, as the building had cleared out, but I didn’t yell it that loud.

I did yell “I love you Akira!” to Schmid as he skated off the ice after the 1st period of the game in March in Sunrise. Doubt he heard me though. He wasn’t that far, but the building was probably too loud.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The streak.

Nico becoming a defensive god.

Mercer’s point streak, including the hattie in the beatdown of the Penguins in the sweet heritage unis. Other home game beatdown delights (Caps, Columbus).

Thinking Dougie could get 20 goals in preseason and him bagging 22. “Dougie doesn’t miss” is a legit great call. (Bill really grew into his job, it’s hard to get used to a new announcer, and his chemistry with Dano is great.)

Only two home shoot outs (both losses of course). Can’t wait for that to not exist. You can tell the players feel the same.

6-2 in OT at home. The losses were to the Preds & Wild, so I don’t care that much.
Home OT wins vs:
Rangers, Kings, Leafs, Sens, Pens, Canucks. = good times (probably in that order.)

Most annoying part of the season (to me): many of the best wins were away, the home record was worse than the away record. 1st world problems vs the last decade.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
This one is easy for me .... Damon's OT winner :)

1683941203069.png

1683941320785.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That LA OT win with Mercer scoring where we came back from like 3 down was great.

I loved how LOSER Todd’s game plan was to have the team play for the shootout and not attack at all in 3 on 3 and they got burned because of it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
An underrated moment is when we destroyed Columbus and the team tweeted Johnny Hockey for Marino :laugh:
I had so much fun watching us mutilate them two times. And then then weird last second regulation win in Columbus.

I hate that team so much.

Us beating them like that was like watching your most hated character in a show/movie get tortured.

I think we were all posting a bunch of gifs in that last one. Frank Vincent getting hacked by Pesci in Goodfellas. Frank Vincent beating Pesci and his brother and burying them alive.

f*** the Jackets.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That LA OT win with Mercer scoring where we came back from like 3 down was great.

I loved how LOSER Todd’s game plan was to have the team play for the shootout and not attack at all in 3 on 3 and they got burned because of it.

I love how you worked your love of calling Todd McLellan a LOSER into this Devils appreciation thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad