OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I only like peanut butter on salty stuff. Not a peanut butter dessert fan. Don't hate it, but I don't really care for it either.

Also, whatever brand of peanut butter cup makes the mini ones that comes in the little metallic wrappers; those are way better than Reese's. Reese's are like someone blended peanut butter and chalk dust.
Finally Reese's getting some criticism. It's like they take the peanuts that everyone else rejects, grind them into "butter," mix in some sand, and then cover it with chocolate flavored wax. Life is too short to eat the bottom of the barrel peanut butter cups.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, that's what we basically experienced. I came home and the people I spoke to who know Chicago said we did it wrong. I love Toronto, and Toronto is an easy city to find **** to do. Uber to any of the numerous streets with shops and restaurants and just walk. Chicago it seems like you have to pick a neighborhood. Live and learn.

We were so shocked when we wanted to go to the museum of science and industry and it was like a 45 min Uber ride from downtown.

Yeah, it still blows my mind that the commute from University of Chicago to the Northside/Evanston on the El takes about as long as going from Prague to the other end of the Czech Republic.

Chitown has its problems but it's still one of the world's great cities IMO, once you adapt to them. God those winters are cold though! I forgot all about that in the 5 years since I left. :laugh:

Next time you go, though, check out Dusek's and Fat Rice.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Show me better PB cups then.

I'm quite partial to Buckeyes over Reese's, but do love Reese's.

Homemade-Buckeyes-I-love-these-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-treats-Here-is-our-family-recipe-for-homemade-buckeyes.-1024x680.jpg

Reactions: TNT87

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I made buckeye fudge and the recipe said vanilla, it goes in a tonne of things like that. Hot chocolate, brownies, etc. It does something for the flavour.

I get that in other chocolates, but I always thought it tasted weird with the peanut butter in buckeyes. :dunno:

But I am no baker, and I am certainly no chocolatier.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I get that in other chocolates, but I always thought it tasted weird with the peanut butter in buckeyes. :dunno:

But I am no baker, and I am certainly no chocolatier.

All I knows is that the recipes says that. Peanut butter cookies say vanilla as well.

I don’t think her way is weird unless she’s putting too much in. Her kid on the other hand...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
All I knows is that the recipes says that. Peanut butter cookies say vanilla as well.

I don’t think her way is weird unless she’s putting too much in. Her kid on the other hand...

I know. Where did she go wrong?! :laugh:

I also don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I'm probably the worst poster to even talk about this kinda stuff with.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I know. Where did she go wrong?! :laugh:

I also don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I'm probably the worst poster to even talk about this kinda stuff with.

:laugh:

Eh, I’ll neve make the buckeye fudge again because I had to touch peanut butter with my hands and wanted nothing to do with it after. I’m not sure I’m fit to be answering.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Reese's and Oreos are the greatest things of all time. I wish a world existed where you could eat anything you want all day. I'd crush it.

Why do I go to the gym again?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Peanuts (including PB) are the worst food in the world. I’d rather watch Kuhnhackl-Rowney-Reaves than have anything to do with eating that.

Worst thing ever would be a PB sandwich with a side of kale “chips” and a glass of clamato with Reese’s for dessert.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
A snack that I really like are Cheez-its. Especially the pepper jack ones. Those are my favorite. During the summer they came out with cheeseburger, cheese pizza, and I believe nacho cheese flavor and there was a vote to see which one would be the flavor they would continue to make. Cheese pizza won.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Reese's and Oreos are the greatest things of all time. I wish a world existed where you could eat anything you want all day. I'd crush it.

Why do I go to the gym again?
Oreos are great. Best big pre-packaged cookie out there.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Best cookies evah :nod:
Again, why drag down a good thing with peanut butter?
I gotta be honest, I'm in no carb purgatory ATM, just about any cookie sounds good :laugh: Except oatmeal raisin. Gross. Those never sound good.
seriously. I've always been more of a salty snack person with the occasional sweets, but damn does Keto make me want to destroy some cookies :laugh:

Reactions: DegenX and ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad