OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I have been eating less than 20g of carbs a day for about 6 weeks. I've lost 21 pounds. Jesus Christ do I want to eat absolutely everything.

Damn! I can’t go that low in carbs.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I like living off the land and taking what the earth has provided. It also tastes better if you killed it yourself.

th

th

th

View attachment 99621

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have been eating less than 20g of carbs a day for about 6 weeks. I've lost 21 pounds. Jesus Christ do I want to eat absolutely everything.
Nice. I've been doing the same. It really does work. I don't have any real problem with the day to day. I was hungry all the time just trying to have really low calories, but with Keto I eat enough fat that I don't feel as hungry. So overall I like it, and it's working.

But damn it if the urge for cheat days doesn't just kill me every once in a while. It's so much easier to sneak something unhealthy into a standard diet. Either you just eat less somewhere else, you exercise a bit more, or you just go a bit over in calories. But for Keto one bad meal can easily be like 5 times your daily carb allowance :cry:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Nice. I've been doing the same. It really does work. I don't have any real problem with the day to day. I was hungry all the time just trying to have really low calories, but with Keto I eat enough fat that I don't feel as hungry. So overall I like it, and it's working.

But damn it if the urge for cheat days doesn't just kill me every once in a while. It's so much easier to sneak something unhealthy into a standard diet. Either you just eat less somewhere else, you exercise a bit more, or you just go a bit over in calories. But for Keto one bad meal can easily be like 5 times your daily carb allowance :cry:

Keto absolutely works for me. It aligns really well with my every day diet. My issue is beer and bread. My sweet tooth has increased drastically. I have some 75% dark chocolate that I will eat when I need a sweet fix, and it has been working well. I haven't had a "cheat" day. My cheat is going somewhere around 35g of net carbs.

The other downside of keto is when you knock yourself out of ketosis, you have to start over. The keto flu for me was real. I felt absolutely awful. It lasted a good 3 days. This has been the most successful weight loss quest I've had though and it hasn't been all that hard.

Damn! I can’t go that low in carbs.

It takes planning. It's not impossible. 99% of my carbs come from veg, nuts, and a square of dark chocolate a day.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Keto absolutely works for me. It aligns really well with my every day diet. My issue is beer and bread. My sweet tooth has increased drastically. I have some 75% dark chocolate that I will eat when I need a sweet fix, and it has been working well. I haven't had a "cheat" day. My cheat is going somewhere around 35g of net carbs.
Yeah I've lost about 40 lbs in probably 4 months of actually doing Keto right. I lost about 30 lbs doing regular dieting over the year before that.

If you want some even lower carb Chocolate this is pretty good and only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Low Carb Chocolate Bar - Keto Chocolate [VIDEO]

The other downside of keto is when you knock yourself out of ketosis, you have to start over. The keto flu for me was real. I felt absolutely awful. It lasted a good 3 days. This has been the most successful weight loss quest I've had though and it hasn't been all that hard.
I only felt bad for about a day, but man did I feel bad. It's by far the most effective diet I've done though. Partly because it just works, and I think partly because cheating knocks you out of the diet worse than a cheat day does with a typical diet. Cheating is just a bigger deal.

It takes planning. It's not impossible. 99% of my carbs come from veg, nuts, and a square of dark chocolate a day.
It's really not hard for me to do when I'm home. Like you said, most of my carbs come from vegetables. But when I travel for work it's a bitch. It's not too bad when I eat by myself, but it's pretty common for us to have meetings that run through lunch and they order food in for everybody instead of having a specific menu. I keep Quest bars in my work bag now for those days as a backup plan though.

And eating at anyone's house but my own is especially hard without taking my own food.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Nice work - that takes some insane discipline.

I've also been cutting back on the carbs lately and seeing some good results. Finally starting to get back to 6 pack territory. So hard to stick with it and resist temptations of sweets, but totally worth it

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah I've lost about 40 lbs in probably 4 months of actually doing Keto right. I lost about 30 lbs doing regular dieting over the year before that.

If you want some even lower carb Chocolate this is pretty good and only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Low Carb Chocolate Bar - Keto Chocolate [VIDEO]

I only felt bad for about a day, but man did I feel bad. It's by far the most effective diet I've done though. Partly because it just works, and I think partly because cheating knocks you out of the diet worse than a cheat day does with a typical diet. Cheating is just a bigger deal.

It's really not hard for me to do when I'm home. Like you said, most of my carbs come from vegetables. But when I travel for work it's a *****. It's not too bad when I eat by myself, but it's pretty common for us to have meetings that run through lunch and they order food in for everybody instead of having a specific menu. I keep Quest bars in my work bag now for those days as a backup plan though.

And eating at anyone's house but my own is especially hard without taking my own food.

Quest bars really helped me in the beginning. I've weened myself off of those though, just because I read a few things that the sugar alcohols also run you the risk of knocking you out of ketosis. They were also entirely too good and entirely too convenient. I was abusing those things.

My go to in this whole thing has been Burgatory when I'm really feeling like falling off the wagon. I get a lettuce wrapped burger with slaw...it's a great "cheat" meal for me even though it's like 5g of net carbs. I leave happy and satisfied. I'd rather have a huge f***ing pretzel bun...but I don't miss it that much.

Instant Pot has been a life saver. I bought really nice tupperware and I bring food with me everywhere. I've also saved a shit ton of money. I knew drinking was expensive, but I never realized how much.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Quest bars really helped me in the beginning. I've weened myself off of those though, just because I read a few things that the sugar alcohols also run you the risk of knocking you out of ketosis. They were also entirely too good and entirely too convenient. I was abusing those things.

My go to in this whole thing has been Burgatory when I'm really feeling like falling off the wagon. I get a lettuce wrapped burger with slaw...it's a great "cheat" meal for me even though it's like 5g of net carbs. I leave happy and satisfied. I'd rather have a huge ****ing pretzel bun...but I don't miss it that much.

Instant Pot has been a life saver. I bought really nice tupperware and I bring food with me everywhere. I've also saved a **** ton of money. I knew drinking was expensive, but I never realized how much.
Yeah I had a lot of Quest bars at first. Now I just use them for that backup plan when I don't have anything else when I'm stuck at work for lunch when I travel.

My go-to cheat is wings, but I have done a few lettuce wrap burgers. Fat Head nachos are really good too. I'm making some BBQ Ribs and cheesy broccoli this weekend. I just bought some riced cauliflower. First time trying it, but if I can use it to bring stir fry back into my life I will be a happy man.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah I had a lot of Quest bars at first. Now I just use them for that backup plan when I don't have anything else when I'm stuck at work for lunch when I travel.

My go-to cheat is wings, but I have done a few lettuce wrap burgers. Fat Head nachos are really good too. I'm making some BBQ Ribs and cheesy broccoli this weekend. I just bought some riced cauliflower. First time trying it, but if I can use it to bring stir fry back into my life I will be a happy man.

Dude...girlfriend made cheesy cauliflower last night...insanely good. I think you'll love it. I barely miss the macaroni. We did beef ribs and cheesy cauliflower for dinner last night. Riced cauliflower has become a pretty seamless sub for me.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
@Ogrezilla @JTG I like riced cauliflower. It's actually pretty easy to make, but buying a bag of it frozen is more convenient I think. Have you tried Shirataki? I like the noodles and only recently found out they also make 'rice' from it. Rice is the thing I miss most, TBTH.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla @JTG I like riced cauliflower. It's actually pretty easy to make, but buying a bag of it frozen is more convenient I think. Have you tried Shirataki? I like the noodles and only recently found out they also make 'rice' from it. Rice is the thing I miss most, TBTH.
I have never heard that word until just now, but I will need to give it a shot.
Switch a meal out for nuts or yogurt with fruit and you can do just about anything.
except keto. That doesn't work all that well for keto. At least not the yogurt and fruit.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

My girlfriend refuses to eat them. I wasn't a huge fan of the texture of them.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
One week in the early stages I was using string cheese to hold me over between meals, and I was eating yogurt for dessert. I had my hardest week working out/cleanest eating aside from the dairy and I lost 1 pound. Last week, I worked out 4 days last week, kept the carbs and calories low, but was never hungry...lost 4 pounds. Dairy is healthy in moderation, but it can very quickly crush your weight loss progress if you go even slightly overboard.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
20 grams of carbs basically means no fruit. Too much sugar.
I recently gave up old habits like drinking Turners Tea, a lot of it, to drinking more water, fruits, nuts and what not and I have seen a huge difference. Gut is slendering with loss of weight.

No crashes, I can do what I want if you sacrifice once a day and add more water.

Edit: My workout is my job.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
My girlfriend refuses to eat them. I wasn't a huge fan of the texture of them.
I've heard people say that, or that they don't like the briney smell. The brine washes off when you rinse them, for those wondering ;) Texture-wise it is different from flour/semolina noodles, but I'm OK with it. I let them sit in whatever sauce I'm using for a minute or two, so maybe that's the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad