OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Kudos to all you guys sticking to diets. I've made a decision that food brings me too much happiness to break up with it for too long. But I do wish I had a little more willpower on this.

Thing is, food can bring you happiness and be healthy for you. I love food. I'm a 500 pound woman in a 175 pound man's body when it comes to eating. It's just that 90% of what I eat is good for me. Sometimes you just want a candy bar or whatever and that's fine as long as you're not only eating junk.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Thing is, food can bring you happiness and be healthy for you. I love food. I'm a 500 pound woman in a 175 pound man's body when it comes to eating. It's just that 90% of what I eat is good for me. Sometimes you just want a candy bar or whatever and that's fine as long as you're not only eating junk.
Definitely. I generally eat pretty healthy. But it's just like golf, you can always do better. I've just found a good spot where I am ok with what I eat and with my overall health and w weight. I could eat better, I could lose a few pounds, but I'm ok with not.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kudos to all you guys sticking to diets. I've made a decision that food brings me too much happiness to break up with it for too long. But I do wish I had a little more willpower on this.
so I ate BBQ ribs with cheesy broccoli for dinner today. Chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno, garlic, and bacon for lunch. It's not so bad eating healthy if you do it right.

Definitely. I generally eat pretty healthy. But it's just like golf, you can always do better. I've just found a good spot where I am ok with what I eat and with my overall health and w weight. I could eat better, I could lose a few pounds, but I'm ok with not.

I'm getting close to where I'd be okay I think. But I started this because I was at a point where "a few pounds" was still really unhealthy.

Reactions: NMK11

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yeah, and your palate can adapt after cutting crap out for a bit. I think cooking things makes it hard to ignore a lot of unhealthy things you ingest, too.

Also try things again as an adult because your tastes can change and, well, no one in my family could cook Brussel sprouts properly. It turns out I really like them.

Reactions: Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah, and your palate can adapt after cutting crap out for a bit. I think cooking things makes it hard to ignore a lot of unhealthy things you ingest, too.

Also try things again as an adult because your tastes can change and, well, no one in my family could cook Brussel sprouts properly. It turns out I really like them.

I laugh whenever someone tells me that they don't enjoy vegetables. First thing I ask them is if their parents ever tried seasoning or sauteing the vegetables. Every single person has said no. There you go.

Reactions: vabm8

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I laugh whenever someone tells me that they don't enjoy vegetables. First thing I ask them is if their parents ever tried seasoning or sauteing the vegetables. Every single person has said no. There you go.

When in doubt boil or steam the vegetable and serve them as is. That won’t cause any problems.

“I don’t like mushrooms.” How many kinds have you tried? You might not like them but if you’ve tried two kinds then you don’t know.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
pretty much everything tastes good with enough butter :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
it's all about those carbs. I actually have to go out of my way to add fat to my diet on keto

You want an internet wormhole? Google if butter is healthy.
The internet is a mess for what is and isn't healthy :laugh: I just know what helps me lose weight, and I lose weight faster with real butter and cheese every day than I did with "low fat" stuff and salads.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
If you stick to 25g of carbs, 100g protein, and 128g fat, you will eat 1648kcal and lose 2.1kg (4.6lbs) in the first month.

WTF!!!!!!!! How are people here losing that amount in a week?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
it's all about those carbs. I actually have to go out of my way to add fat to my diet on keto

The internet is a mess for what is and isn't healthy :laugh: I just know what helps me lose weight, and I lose weight faster with real butter and cheese every day than I did with "low fat" stuff and salads.

I’ve settled on moderation and avoiding the internet in these things.

oh I know, just sayin. Butter is the best. I make chocolate fat bombs which are literally 3/4 butter mixed with dark bakers chocolate and stevia :laugh:

Welp... “moderation.”

Eggs Benedict is a special occasion food for me. So much f***ing butter in the ratio.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
When in doubt boil or steam the vegetable and serve them as is. That won’t cause any problems.

“I don’t like mushrooms.” How many kinds have you tried? You might not like them but if you’ve tried two kinds then you don’t know.

GetImage.ashx

Sprinkle some of that on vegetables. Boom, they taste great. There's no step 2.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you stick to 25g of carbs, 100g protein, and 128g fat, you will eat 1648kcal and lose 2.1kg (4.6lbs) in the first month.

WTF!!!!!!!! How are people here losing that amount in a week?
if you follow Keto you will lose more than the amount you "should" lose just based on calories because of how your body processes fat vs how it processes carbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad