Rumor: Far Too Positive...

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
1) Let Montoya go... Sign some TERRIBLE goalie... like not even beer league good. Keep all our good players while still being able to tank and tell them what's going on.

2) Draft McDavid

3) ???

4) Profit

(yes I know this would NEVER work)

Why doesn't anyone ever know what the third step is?

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Come one, at least write THREE entire sentences why and what you'd think to do.
  1. Noel will probably play Jokinen on the 2nd line, dragging down Wright and Setoguchi.
  2. Noel will probably play Wright on the 3rd line, dragging down Scheifele and Frolik.
  3. Noel will probably play Pavelec 75 games, including all of our back-to-backs.
I, on the other hand, would...
  1. Play Kane/Scheifele/Setoguchi on the 2nd line.
  2. Play Halischuck/O'Dell/Frolik on the 3rd line, with Jokinen sitting in the pressbox. Not quite sure if it's the Jets pressbox or the Icecaps pressbox.
  3. I'd give Montoya more starts. And I would definititely not play Pavalec in back-to-backs.
There, are you (un)happy now?

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Can you imagine Wright and McDavid on a line together?

*drool*

Aela*

Forget tanking, let's just let Feaster get the pick and trade him Jokinen for McDavid.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Forget tanking, let's just let Feaster get the pick and trade him Jokinen for McDavid.

Do you think Calgary would swap 2015 firsts with us right now? ;) For all they know, they could go on a cup run next year and it could be a terrible pick.......... :sarcasm:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
For all of those that are stuck in preseason mode, it does not affect the regular season. Couple of years back the Calgary Flames went 5-0 in the preseason and missed the playoffs. I think this is Noel's last kick at the can and I think he will put a lot of pressure behind his kick, so just buckle and preapre for the ride. If you guys start vomiting before the ride even begins, then you are going to be very sick;)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
To be blunt, this is a very ignorant post. Are you going to try and tell us that the only chance we have to make the playoffs is for all of these things to go "perfect"? Despite the fact that Kane barely scored at a 30 goal pace last year, Bogo missed time and was not a #1 D last year, Enstrom missed significant time, Olli was horrendous, Scheif wasn't here, Buff had a "decent" year by his standards, Pavs was below average, and we had no 2nd line AND WE STILL ONLY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS BY 4 POINTS.

We played in the SE last year. That meant plenty of easy points on the table. Its not very comforting to me to say that we only missed by 4 points. I realize that some don't "weigh" the "SE factor" as heavily as I do, so I guess my best response would be to say "lets wait and see what happens this year".

You don't need to get upset because some people are suggesting that your team won't compete this year. I'm not even suggesting that the situation is dire as I think TNSE has done some very good things that bode well for the long term here.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
We played in the SE last year. That meant plenty of easy points on the table. Its not very comforting to me to say that we only missed by 4 points. I realize that some don't "weigh" the "SE factor" as heavily as I do, so I guess my best response would be to say "lets wait and see what happens this year".

You don't need to get upset because some people are suggesting that your team won't compete this year. I'm not even suggesting that the situation is dire as I think TNSE has done some very good things that bode well for the long term here.

The SE arguement would be great if the Jets had actually had done well against SE opponents.
The Jets record was far better when not playing in their division and against tougher opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad