Rumor: Far Too Positive...

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I don't know how much more I can take. I didn't get to see the Winnipeg win and I also missed out on the one Rangers win. So between the Jets, the Rangers and the Bombers, I've seen way too many freaking losses in a row. And a fair number of them were bad losses where the team looked lost, some from all three teams. I think I'm up to at least 15 straight losing games I've watched. :shakehead

Be positive - at least you saw them loose all those times. In Africa there are kids starving while Warlords and thugs bug guns.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I don't think it is negative to say the team isn't likely to make the playoffs. My brain computer gas run the made up numbers.

The could make it, but it will take a few things going right.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yup. Whenever you start to get worked up about something small, like how expensive your beers are, or how poorly the local sports team is doing....remember, you're not living in Syria. #firstworldproblems

first-world-problem-third-world-success-water-cold-winter.jpg

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Ladd is a third liner
Little who?
Wheeler goes off-side constantly
Kane is a one trick pony staking up the boards trying to squeeze by the defense.
Jokinen is washed up
The Gooch is over rated due to playing with quality line mates on other teams
Wright has stone hands
Scheifele can't stay on his skates, we should've drafted XXXC instead
Frolic is crap. If he was good the Blackhawks wouldn't have traded him so cheaply
Thorburn is just a poor mans enforcer.
Slater belongs in the AHL
Tangredi has no scoring finish and doesn't work hard enough
Buff is fat and lazy
Clitsome... More like Clitlnone amirite?
Enstrom is too small and injury prone
Bogosian is over rated and injury prone
Trouba is a little kid, should've drafted Forsberg instead
Stuart is a AHLer
Postma has no defensive skill
Pardy needs to be waived, waste of space
Pavalec is the worst goaltender in the NHL
Montoya is even worse than e worst goaltender in the NHL.
Noel is a AHL coach
Chevy sucks. He signed Jokinen and Poni

Whew.. Finally got all that off my chest.

I think I have heard every one of those comments on the board at some point over the past two+ years.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I mean it's fine to post something stupid about our players during the game in the heat of the moment and you get passionate and everything... but the last 2-3 preseason games just have been a disgrace for the Jets board. Seriously :/

It can't get way worse in the Leafs board. Because there is no "way worse" than talking about firing and waiving people in a pre-season game we aren't even able to watch. That's just embarrassing and silly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
To anyone starting to read this thread from the end. WARNING: Thread contains large doses of anger and frustration with your beloved Jets.

Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
This team will open the season on a losing streak.

Bank on it.

Come one, at least write THREE entire sentences why and what you'd think to do.

Those are exactly the kind of posts that are part of the problem why we have threads like ... hell... idk how many are here right now.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Ladd is a third liner
Little who?
Kane is a one trick pony staking up the boards trying to squeeze by the defense.
Jokinen is washed up
Wright has stone hands
Frolic is crap. If he was good the Blackhawks wouldn't have traded him so cheaply
Buff is fat and lazy
Stuart is a AHLer
Noel is a AHL coach

This guy gets it ;)

White Out 403*

I'm certainly worried about how the game in edmonton is going to go now. The Oilers always start fast and our pre season was an embarrassment of Bombers like proportions. Yes, preseason means nothing. But 1 win? I hope it didn't shake their confidences like its shook mine.

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's some negativity for you: I hate preseason.

Mostly because you can't use what happens in preseason to predict anything. Remember two years ago when Scheifele looked like a fifty-goal scorer?

I'm not saying the Jets will be world-beaters, but our line-up is better than last year's (all they guys we dropped are no longer NHLers, bar a late-signing Hainsey). I think we'll do alright when pucks start flying for real.

Sly Jets Fan

Mar 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Here's a quote from Stuart from a TSN story:

Jets assistant captain Mark Stuart said his team didn't give the effort required, and isn't feeling too positive heading into the regular season.

"There were just a lot of breakdowns," he said. "We'll be watching a lot of tape."

Yeah, this is what you want to hear a few days before the regular season opener.:help:

There's that 'effort' thing again.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Here's a quote from Stuart from a TSN story:

Jets assistant captain Mark Stuart said his team didn't give the effort required, and isn't feeling too positive heading into the regular season.

"There were just a lot of breakdowns," he said. "We'll be watching a lot of tape."

Yeah, this is what you want to hear a few days before the regular season opener.:help:

There's that 'effort' thing again.

Well, they've got 3 days to *****slap each other in Banff, and get this sorted. It's a mental thing, IMHO, so hopefully this time together will get their headspace turned around.

Jetsman

May 11, 2013
Great White North
Ladd is a third liner
Little who?
Jokinen is washed up
Wright has stone hands
Buff is fat and lazy
Stuart is a AHLer
Noel is a AHL coach

Whew.. Finally got all that off my chest.

I think I have heard every one of those comments on the board at some point over the past two+ years.

Atta boy - you nailed it. Funny, funny stuff...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Wow, seems like as recently as a week ago I was getting jumped on for suggesting that this was a "lottery team" and that Jet fans had their heads in the clouds.

This team is a long term project. TNSE has needed to "restock" the cupboards for two teams, and while they seem to have done a good job drafting future NHL ers and aquiring some immediate help for the Icecaps, its going to be a little while yet before we've got top level talent leading the Jets.

Any success this season would require EVERYTHING to go right. Bogo would need to finally emerge as the star 1 D he has projected as. Kane would need a 30-40 goal season, Scheifele or Ollie would need a huge season and fill that 2 c role, Buff would need to finally grow up, Pavs would need a career season. Everyone would need to be healthy and buy into Claudes "system" of playing the "right way"..............whatever that is. That is just far, far too much to hope for.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Being a pessimist isn't being a realist.

This team can make the playoffs. The pre-season means nothing. Noel isn't a Pejorative Slured monkey. Ladd isn't a third liner, etc, etc.

I will happily eat crow if we jump out to an 0-5 start however, or are below .500 by December.

What would people be saying if the scores for the Boston games were reversed (and by that I mean we lost 5-0 first then 3-2 in overtime), I wonder.

Wow, seems like as recently as a week ago I was getting jumped on for suggesting that this was a "lottery team" and that Jet fans had their heads in the clouds.

How can a team that wasn't in the lottery the last two years and not gotten progressively worse suddenly become a lottery team? Everything would have to go wrong for that to happen. Is there no middle ground for anybody? We can make the playoffs, we may not make the playoffs. But I would bet my life savings (granted it's not very much at this point) on us at the very least not being a lottery team.

Last edited:

Sly Jets Fan

Mar 20, 2013
Winnipeg
At least being like this doesn't set you up for disappointment. If the team tanks, I(we) expected it, if they do well, then it's an unexpected surprise.;)

Although I did have high expectations for this year. I'm maybe one of the few that doesn't think the central division is a death sentence for the Jets. Now I'm not so sure and it doesn't really have anything to do with the division itself, it's just more of the same story about lack of effort, not being on the same page, mental breakdowns, etc that worry me.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
A realist: this is a bubble team that will require MANY things to go right for them to succeed, but they DO have the opportunity to make the playoffs and make some noise in the West.

A pessimist: there's no chance that ANYTHING will go right, and the team will be a lottery team.

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's the journey, and the hope that things go right. It's following a team that will struggle from time to time, and watching them overcome those struggles. If I watched the Jets with my pessimistic goggles on all the time, then I probably wouldn't watch. I see and experience enough negativity in my day to day life - I prefer to be hopeful and optimistic when it comes to something that I consider "fun".

:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad