FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I know of a couple, there is this one in Placentia

http://www.thebruery.com

This one is around the corner from Honda Center literally, people tailgate & walk to the game from it

http://www.noblealeworks.com/

Also, J.T. Schmidts across the street from The Ponda has a brewery too I think.

Actually heard of the Bruery before but didn't realize exactly where in Southern California it was. Friend from highschool dating someone that works there and posts about it constantly on Facebook :laugh: We will have to stop by that one!
I know you're trying to stick with smaller ones, but stone is a very good time. Roughly an hour away or so. Would definitely check it out.

Pizza port is also a great place for small brew and beer.
http://www.pizzaport.com/

Only trying to stick to smaller ones because of distribution. We get A LOT of Stone in liquor stores up here so we have had many a bomber from there. If we had more days we would probably go up there but with only one we kind of want to stick closer to the area we're staying. Stone rocks, though

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
We're planning a Cali trip and I'm curious what is the price range for play-off tickets and where should I try to buy them once they're for sale?

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Where can I park that I don't have to pay?

I'm going to the game tonight and tight on cash, so was wondering what the free parking options would be. I don't mind a long walk.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I'm going to the game tonight and tight on cash, so was wondering what the free parking options would be. I don't mind a long walk.

Think some park in the movie theater parking lot. I just do the $5 parking on the corner of E. Howell and Katella. Best spot around.

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
So I'm going to be in Costa Mesa for work this week. I'm debating going to the Ducks/Penguins game tomorrow night. I'm not sure if a work colleague will join me or not, so I might be solo. I've done it before in other cities since I travel for work a lot, so not a big deal. Where's the best place to buy tickets? Am I better off scalping or buying online or craigslist? How's parking near the stadium?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So I'm going to be in Costa Mesa for work this week. I'm debating going to the Ducks/Penguins game tomorrow night. I'm not sure if a work colleague will join me or not, so I might be solo. I've done it before in other cities since I travel for work a lot, so not a big deal. Where's the best place to buy tickets? Am I better off scalping or buying online or craigslist? How's parking near the stadium?

714 Tickets. Good prices, no service fees and they are across the street from the Honda Center. You can see their inventory online.

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
How are the sight lines at the Honda Center? Is there a section to avoid? I'm probably looking at spending under 100ish a seat (open to being cheap or a little more expensive), but could be convinced if need be.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
How are the sight lines at the Honda Center? Is there a section to avoid? I'm probably looking at spending under 100ish a seat (open to being cheap or a little more expensive), but could be convinced if need be.

Good site lines everywhere. You probably have a pretty good selection under $100 for a week nite game. Look em up online. 714tickets.com

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

There's lots of cheaper lots around the stadium within easy walking distance.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I would think vs the penguins $100ish will get you into the lower part of the upper bowl. If it was anyone else that would get you into the lower bowl easily for a midweek game.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
There are some tix for sale on the Anaheim Ducks marketplace on Facebook. One guy has his for 30 bucks a piece.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Stub hub has some too. You can get ice level as well as club for under$100 if you don't mind sitting on the end. But there's plenty of choices for under $100 all over the arena.

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
Thanks Duck bros/fans. I had a great time last night! Went to the 714 tickets and got premium parking for 15 bucks and a seat about 10 rows from the ice for 65. Had a blast, especially getting to see the World Series there too. Food was good, arena was really nice outside of fact that trashcans were way too hard to find. If I come back to SoCal again if the Ducks are in town, I'll go again!

I was surprised at number of Pittsburgh fans, felt a lot like how Raleigh is with the Hurricanes and Pittsburgh/Rangers/Flyers/Bruins in town. That said the ones I was near weren't bad, so was pleasantly surprised.

:thumbu:

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
Don't know enough about your rivalry, but every one of them had a jersey of some type it seemed. But based on the cars on the 405, 55, etc I don't think ~100 bucks is much to some people anymore!

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Don't know enough about your rivalry, but every one of them had a jersey of some type it seemed. But based on the cars on the 405, 55, etc I don't think ~100 bucks is much to some people anymore!

There tends to be a uptick in "fans" of an opposing team after they win the Cup. Lots of transplants out here, many only get to see their them once.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Oiler fan coming in peice, planning a trip to Anaheim/La in January. Escape the frigid cold here. And want to catch the oiler game there January 25 it's a Wednesday night game. Looking for good but relatively inexpensive tickets around 100 a ticket. Any good suggestions? Remembering that I also get screwed by the conversion as well.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Oiler fan coming in peice, planning a trip to Anaheim/La in January. Escape the frigid cold here. And want to catch the oiler game there January 25 it's a Wednesday night game. Looking for good but relatively inexpensive tickets around 100 a ticket. Any good suggestions? Remembering that I also get screwed by the conversion as well.

Wednesday night should be easy to get good seats. Stubhub, 714 tickets.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

You can sit almost anywhere for $100/ticket. Or you could spend your $100 on a lesser priced ticket and a couple of beers. Your choice.

https://714tickets.com/ticket-selection?productionId=1042289

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
The best website to find cheap tickets on is seatgeek.com, they take tickets from every website (stubhub etc.)

pseudoreality

Jan 10, 2017

I'm doing the same. Bringing the family down to Disneyland to escape minus 40 C/F of Yellowknife, NWT. I'm trying to decide if I want to get three cheap seats for myself, pregnant wife and three-year-old daughter, or just go by myself and get good seats. My wife is concerned that our daughter won't sit still for the game and she'll have to take her to the concourse. I don't know if anyone else has any thoughts.

If I do go by myself, are the club level seats worth it? Or is it better just to be up by the glass?

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I'm doing the same. Bringing the family down to Disneyland to escape minus 40 C/F of Yellowknife, NWT. I'm trying to decide if I want to get three cheap seats for myself, pregnant wife and three-year-old daughter, or just go by myself and get good seats. My wife is concerned that our daughter won't sit still for the game and she'll have to take her to the concourse. I don't know if anyone else has any thoughts.

If I do go by myself, are the club level seats worth it? Or is it better just to be up by the glass?

Personally I would go glass over the club level. Nothing special besides having a waiter bring you stuff, entrance to the Jack Daniels Club(which you can do after the game) & less crowded bathrooms.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Do you want to watch the game or be close to the glass? Unless you're right in the corner position, glass seats don't allow you to see the far end of the rink well, and you're looking at the screen half the time. The reason to sit on the glass is to get a better appreciation of the speed and physicality, but it's not as good a place to appreciate most of the game IMO. (The screen is very nice now at least)

pseudoreality

Jan 10, 2017
Do you want to watch the game or be close to the glass? Unless you're right in the corner position, glass seats don't allow you to see the far end of the rink well, and you're looking at the screen half the time. The reason to sit on the glass is to get a better appreciation of the speed and physicality, but it's not as good a place to appreciate most of the game IMO. (The screen is very nice now at least)

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. I don't mean right at the glass, I would rather sit mid-lower bowl center ice. I like to be up close to see how good McDavid is with the puck at full speed or what Perry really gets away with.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. I don't mean right at the glass, I would rather sit mid-lower bowl center ice. I like to be up close to see how good McDavid is with the puck at full speed or what Perry really gets away with.

Here's a personal opinion, worth exactly what you will pay for it. If you really want to appreciate the speed and physicality of the game, sit lower level behind the net in the highest row possible. The other end of the ice is not the best view, but what you see at your end cannot be replicated on TV or at center ice even in the arena. Bodies and pucks slamming the glass, goalies making acrobatic moves/saves, slappers coming at you 90+mph. Can't beat it.

Oh and uh, Perry does some of his best work in that area if he's having a good game. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad