FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I have 2 tickets in section 407 Row A (only 4 seats in the Row) for Mondays game. I am asking $70 for the pair and can email them to you if you use paypal. I could also bring them to the game tonight as well. PM me for more info.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Anyone have any must-see or must-do things in the Anaheim/OC area to suggest? :)

Depends on when you are coming. Spectrum in Irvine should have outdoor ice skating and other attractions. Newport Christmas boat parade, also coming around. Laguna beach has a party downtown the first Friday in December, bands playing in the street and santa

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
What are you looking for? Food? Theme parks? Museums? Shopping?

Nothing specific - I'm just looking for activities to do between eating basically.

Depends on when you are coming. Spectrum in Irvine should have outdoor ice skating and other attractions. Newport Christmas boat parade, also coming around. Laguna beach has a party downtown the first Friday in December, bands playing in the street and santa

I'm here now and will be here till Monday morning. Any of those things happening over the next few days?

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Nothing specific - I'm just looking for activities to do between eating basically.

I'm here now and will be here till Monday morning. Any of those things happening over the next few days?

Only the ice skating in Irvine. Looked at the price and its 19.00/15.00 (if you bring skates)
Rink looks small.
If you just want to walk around Balboa area is a good waste of time. There is a cheesy arcade, Ferris wheel, pier, Balboa bars, a ferry across the harbor and ducks and lakers players live near there maybe you can see their dog walkers.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Taking the GF to Disney next weekend.

Any recommendations of where to stay, eat and drink? We don't really wanna stay right by the park and have all of Friday to explore. Love craft brews, good casual bites and classic dives.

Thanks guys.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Taking the GF to Disney next weekend.

Any recommendations of where to stay, eat and drink? We don't really wanna stay right by the park and have all of Friday to explore. Love craft brews, good casual bites and classic dives.

Thanks guys.

If ur a beer fan hit up Noble it's right down the street from Honda center. Small place and usually a food truck outside. Great selection of beer also

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hey all, I'll be coming to your city from Ottawa to see the Senators in mid-January. We'll be staying in Santa Monica by the beach. Got a couple questions:

Planning on spending the day of the game at Disney (Tuesday the 13th). What time would you realistically leave Santa Monica at to get to Disney for 8:30/9am? We'll be renting a car, I've never been to LA before so I'm bracing myself for the traffic, and kinda nervous about it. And on the topic of Disney, would you recommend Disneyland Park or California Adventure? I've been to Disney in Orlando a few times, Disneyland Park seems quite similar to Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

Thanks for your help!

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
If your only coming here only once try getting the park hopper tix. Try avoiding the freeway til about 9:30-10 am that's when it stars to clear up on weekdays

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Hey all, I'll be coming to your city from Ottawa to see the Senators in mid-January. We'll be staying in Santa Monica by the beach. Got a couple questions:

Planning on spending the day of the game at Disney (Tuesday the 13th). What time would you realistically leave Santa Monica at to get to Disney for 8:30/9am? We'll be renting a car, I've never been to LA before so I'm bracing myself for the traffic, and kinda nervous about it. And on the topic of Disney, would you recommend Disneyland Park or California Adventure? I've been to Disney in Orlando a few times, Disneyland Park seems quite similar to Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

Thanks for your help!

Leave at 7:30. Best case scenario you get there at 8:30, worst case, 9:30.

Do park hopper if you can.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into the park hopper. One last Q, what time would you recommend leaving Disney at to get to the rink by 6:30 or so? Is the traffic in the area bad on game nights or what.

Cheers!

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into the park hopper. One last Q, what time would you recommend leaving Disney at to get to the rink by 6:30 or so? Is the traffic in the area bad on game nights or what.

Cheers!

From Disney to Honda Center? It's about a ten minute drive down katella with traffic. What you really got to worry about is leaving from inside Disneyland at a reasonable time. If you are all the way by Its A Small World and you got kids with strollers it's gonna take you awhile to get to tram and then tram to parking lot.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012

Cheers!

When u first get in the park you'll realize how long it takes to get back with the shuttle and parking garage

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Hey guys, doing the entire bruins west coast trip in March and looking for advice how when and how to go to the game on 3/18. I will be driving from Las Vegas. I have some questions and figured you would be the most helpful.

1. Where is a good place to stay that isn't crazy expensive, but close enough to Honda center where getting there wouldn't be a traffic nightmare ? Should I stay outside the city ?
2. Any areas to avoid ?
3. Whats the parking situation ? (garages,lots, etc)
4.Whats the best time to arrive for the game ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
1. Where is a good place to stay that isn't crazy expensive, but close enough to Honda center where getting there wouldn't be a traffic nightmare ? Should I stay outside the city ? Anaheim has some cheaper hotels if you look a bit aways from Disneyland & the stadiums.
2. Any areas to avoid ? LA :sarcasm:
3. Whats the parking situation ? (garages,lots, etc)Parking is expensive in the lot, there are less expensive ones walking distance from the Ponda.
4.Whats the best time to arrive for the game ? Doors usually open a hour before the game. Plenty of time to get in and down to the glass for warmups.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
1. Where is a good place to stay that isn't crazy expensive, but close enough to Honda center where getting there wouldn't be a traffic nightmare ? Should I stay outside the city ? Anaheim has some cheaper hotels if you look a bit aways from Disneyland & the stadiums.
2. Any areas to avoid ? LA :sarcasm:
3. Whats the parking situation ? (garages,lots, etc)Parking is expensive in the lot, there are less expensive ones walking distance from the Ponda.
4.Whats the best time to arrive for the game ? Doors usually open a hour before the game. Plenty of time to get in and down to the glass for warmups.

I would add in to stay away from downtown Santa Ana as well as such cities as Buena Park, Stanton and La Habra. Fullerton is close to the Honda Center and has some decent hotels by Cal State Fullerson. Once you get towards Irvine it gets more expensive and traffic on a weekday will be a nightmare. My wife and I live in Newport Beach and it can easily take more than an hour to get to a weekday game. Definitely stay away from anything in Los Angeles County as there as both safety and traffic issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad