FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ended up getting a room near Disney for two nights to make things a bit easier. Will have pretty much the full day at Disney before the Ducks/Sens game so will be getting park hopper for sure. I haven't gotten tickets yet, should I buy this weekend or hold off until early next week/closer to game day? I'm hoping to sit in 208/209. The other part of this question is do they allow tickets to be scanned off mobile devices or do I need a print out of each?

Thanks again guys, really looking forward to flying out on Tuesday. After an extremely mild December here, the weather has turned to crap pretty quickly. Seems like a good time to get away.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Ended up getting a room near Disney for two nights to make things a bit easier. Will have pretty much the full day at Disney before the Ducks/Sens game so will be getting park hopper for sure. I haven't gotten tickets yet, should I buy this weekend or hold off until early next week/closer to game day? I'm hoping to sit in 208/209. The other part of this question is do they allow tickets to be scanned off mobile devices or do I need a print out of each?

Thanks again guys, really looking forward to flying out on Tuesday. After an extremely mild December here, the weather has turned to crap pretty quickly. Seems like a good time to get away.

They do take the QR Code off phones. Some of the ticket people are idiots and say they don't but make them scan it and say it will work. My in-laws almost got screwed one game and I had to force the lady to try it.

Buy tickets now. 714 Tickets is the easiest. No fees, cheap, and free pickup which is literally on the other side of the street.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They do take the QR Code off phones. Some of the ticket people are idiots and say they don't but make them scan it and say it will work. My in-laws almost got screwed one game and I had to force the lady to try it.

Buy tickets now. 714 Tickets is the easiest. No fees, cheap, and free pickup which is literally on the other side of the street.

Thank you for that! Just got the tickets from 714...good deal and pickup right there is convenient. Doesn't seem like the prices on tickets are as good for Kings tickets though.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Thank you for that! Just got the tickets from 714...good deal and pickup right there is convenient. Doesn't seem like the prices on tickets are as good for Kings tickets though.

Really? I just looked at cheapest tix are $10 on there for the Sens vs Ducks and cheapest tix for Sens versus Kings were $80.

Anyways, for parking I park at the corner of Howell and Katella. It's $5 and a very easy walk to Honda Center and 714. It's also makes it easy driving back home from the game and since you're driving to hotel by Disneyland it should be pretty easy getting out.

Edit: oh I see what you're saying for Kings tix, yeah I got no idea where to get the best kings tix at lol.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really? I just looked at cheapest tix are $10 on there for the Sens vs Ducks and cheapest tix for Sens versus Kings were $80.

Anyways, for parking I park at the corner of Howell and Katella. It's $5 and a very easy walk to Honda Center and 714. It's also makes it easy driving back home from the game and since you're driving to hotel by Disneyland it should be pretty easy getting out.

Edit: oh I see what you're saying for Kings tix, yeah I got no idea where to get the best kings tix at lol.

A bit cheaper on Stubhub for that game but I'll keep my eyes open and maybe ask when I'm in 714 on Tuesday night. Thanks for the parking tip as well, I'm assuming that the lot is north of Katella at Howell?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
A bit cheaper on Stubhub for that game but I'll keep my eyes open and maybe ask when I'm in 714 on Tuesday night. Thanks for the parking tip as well, I'm assuming that the lot is north of Katella at Howell?

There's two places at that intersection. I park at the one with Partners (some business, I forget what they do haha) in the parking lot. It is on the north side of Katella at Howell.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Barry's tickets is one of the dealers for kings tickets I hear all the time. I would try them.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Hi guys, I bought a ticket to the Bruins-Ducks game on 18 March and I would be very grateful, if you could help me out by answering a few questions. I live Netherlands and the last time I have been in the US was in 1994, so I am quite clueless on how things work over there. But at the same time very excited to visit California and an NHL game (first one in my life) and since I have been a Bruins fan almost all my life, it is quite a nice coincidence that they will be in town during my short stay. So my questions:

1. I bought the ticket with my gf's card, so I filled her name in the billing info, now the ticket has her name on it, but she is not coming to the game. Is it a problem, if the name on the ticket doesn't match the person holding it? (I bought it on ticketmaster via a link from nhl.com, if relevant)
2. I will be staying in Carlsbad and google maps say it is a 30 minutes drive to the Honda Center. Of course, I would like to drive well in advance of the game, but what is the general traffic situation on a Friday evening? Will I be safe, if I leave Carlsbad some 90 minutes before the game? Are there good public transport options?
3. Watching games on TV I see many fans of opposing teams in the building at NHL games. Is it ok (safe and not rude) to wear my Bruins jersey in your building? Maybe this sounds like a silly question, but in Europe at some sport venues, fans can get pretty aggressive (verbally and sometimes physically) against fans showing up in the other team's colors (there are usually special sectors reserved for away fans to prevent this). I have a feeling you have a more civilized fandom in this sense, but I want to be sure that I don't provoke any trouble.

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help me out and I wish lots of success to all of you and your team... but not tonight ;)

Ivo

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Public transportation from Carlsbad? Unlikely. The only thing I can think of would be the Amtrak train that goes from LA to SD. I think that train stops in the Anaheim station.

30 minutes sounds optimistic. Like that is a theoretical possibility. But it would involve driving through the El Toro Y. There's a reason that interchange has a name like that.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Hi guys, I bought a ticket to the Bruins-Ducks game on 18 March and I would be very grateful, if you could help me out by answering a few questions. I live Netherlands and the last time I have been in the US was in 1994, so I am quite clueless on how things work over there. But at the same time very excited to visit California and an NHL game (first one in my life) and since I have been a Bruins fan almost all my life, it is quite a nice coincidence that they will be in town during my short stay. So my questions:

1. I bought the ticket with my gf's card, so I filled her name in the billing info, now the ticket has her name on it, but she is not coming to the game. Is it a problem, if the name on the ticket doesn't match the person holding it? (I bought it on ticketmaster via a link from nhl.com, if relevant)

They never pay attention to the name on the tickets ever. I've bought tickets from people that than transfer them to me & have never had a problem getting in. If it scans at the door, you are good.

2. I will be staying in Carlsbad and google maps say it is a 30 minutes drive to the Honda Center. Of course, I would like to drive well in advance of the game, but what is the general traffic situation on a Friday evening? Will I be safe, if I leave Carlsbad some 90 minutes before the game? Are there good public transport options?

You can take the Pacific Surfliner from Carlsbad. Looking at the train schedule on www.amtrak.com, you are pretty limited with the train times though and would have to hang out all afternoon before the game. The train station is now literally right across the street from The Ponda, but it looks like driving might be your best bet. I would give it a couple of hours from Carlsbad.

3. Watching games on TV I see many fans of opposing teams in the building at NHL games. Is it ok (safe and not rude) to wear my Bruins jersey in your building? Maybe this sounds like a silly question, but in Europe at some sport venues, fans can get pretty aggressive (verbally and sometimes physically) against fans showing up in the other team's colors (there are usually special sectors reserved for away fans to prevent this). I have a feeling you have a more civilized fandom in this sense, but I want to be sure that I don't provoke any trouble.

You shouldn't have any problems wearing opposing colors as long as you aren't too obnoxious. ;)

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help me out and I wish lots of success to all of you and your team... but not tonight ;)

Ivo

Hope this helps!

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
30 minutes is just flat wrong. Never 30 minutes. And on Friday night I would give myself at least 2 hours if you don't want to feel rushed, especially not knowing the area. You still have to park and walk. If time allows, it would even be better to come up earlier in the day and visit some other places/things.

You might check the train schedule from Oceanside (a few miles north of Carlsbad) to Anaheim as the train station is across the street from the Honda Center. But I'm not sure how late the trains run or the cost.

Your safe wearing anything you want. If you don't start trouble you won't find any. It's a pretty mellow crowd.

Are you picking up the tickets at will call? That might be a problem but you really need to check with ticketmaster on how all that works.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
30 minutes is just flat wrong. Never 30 minutes. And on Friday night I would give myself at least 2 hours if you don't want to feel rushed, especially not knowing the area. You still have to park and walk. If time allows, it would even be better to come up earlier in the day and visit some other places/things.

You might check the train schedule from Oceanside (a few miles north of Carlsbad) to Anaheim as the train station is across the street from the Honda Center. But I'm not sure how late the trains run or the cost.

Your safe wearing anything you want. If you don't start trouble you won't find any. It's a pretty mellow crowd.

Are you picking up the tickets at will call? That might be a problem but you really need to check with ticketmaster on how all that works.

Thank you (and the others). This helps a lot! Especially the traffic info, I think I will drive and definitely take a few hours in advance just to be sure.

The ticket I bought is actually "print yourself", I got it in my email. It says on the ticket that unauthorized duplication or sale of the ticket may prevent admittance to the event, so I am worried because it carries another name that quite obviously isn't mine. But I did buy it with my own ticketmaster account and the email with the ticket is actually explicitly addressed to me, so I guess I will just print that to have some proof that I bought it the regular way. I gather they are unlikely to check it anyway, so I think I should be fine.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Thank you (and the others). This helps a lot! Especially the traffic info, I think I will drive and definitely take a few hours in advance just to be sure.

The ticket I bought is actually "print yourself", I got it in my email. It says on the ticket that unauthorized duplication or sale of the ticket may prevent admittance to the event, so I am worried because it carries another name that quite obviously isn't mine. But I did buy it with my own ticketmaster account and the email with the ticket is actually explicitly addressed to me, so I guess I will just print that to have some proof that I bought it the regular way. I gather they are unlikely to check it anyway, so I think I should be fine.

You should be fine with the tickets you have. Just don't lose it before you come to the game. ;)

Have a good time. Enjoy your vacation.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015

I order tickets on an iPhone app called 'Gametime' and the tickets always have other names on them. Done it 10-15 times and the scanners haven't said anything. You are fine!

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
We're coming in May and are planning on one non-disneyland day to go to breweries and need brewery recommendations. Sister-in-law lives two blocks from Anaheim Brewery so we will be going to that one but no plans outside of that. She will be driving us around but we still don't want to venture too far.
We get pretty good distribution out here in Denver so want to avoid the bigger ones that distribute out of state (unless they do super interesting things in the tap room) and keep it to the smaller ones. Any ideas? Thanks!

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
We're coming in May and are planning on one non-disneyland day to go to breweries and need brewery recommendations. Sister-in-law lives two blocks from Anaheim Brewery so we will be going to that one but no plans outside of that. She will be driving us around but we still don't want to venture too far.
We get pretty good distribution out here in Denver so want to avoid the bigger ones that distribute out of state (unless they do super interesting things in the tap room) and keep it to the smaller ones. Any ideas? Thanks!

I don't know about any local breweries but can I assume you have driven up to Ft Collins and toured New Belgium? If not, you absolutely should.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I don't know about any local breweries but can I assume you have driven up to Ft Collins and toured New Belgium? If not, you absolutely should.

Actually haven't done the tour. I hear it's cool, though. There's just SO many better options for beer that we usually go somewhere else if we are doing breweries. We don't really do tours anymore. My husband runs a tap room at a brewery so we are very familiar with the inner workings of breweries haha.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Actually haven't done the tour. I hear it's cool, though. There's just SO many better options for beer that we usually go somewhere else if we are doing breweries. We don't really do tours anymore. My husband runs a tap room at a brewery so we are very familiar with the inner workings of breweries haha.

You need to go. I've been through it twice. Very cool tour. Make sure you get to ride the slide. And of course the FREE BEER! Lunch or dinner downtown, outside, makes for a great day.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
You need to go. I've been through it twice. Very cool tour. Make sure you get to ride the slide. And of course the FREE BEER! Lunch or dinner downtown, outside, makes for a great day.

Yeah I've heard it's one of the few tours worth doing anymore. Probably one of those things we will do if people come to visit. Tours get booked months in advance. AND it's rumored they're about to sell out to big beer which makes me sad. We are in Fort Collins all the time, though. Grandparents-in-law live there. Been to a bunch of the other breweries. Just haven't had the foresight to book a tour!

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah I've heard it's one of the few tours worth doing anymore. Probably one of those things we will do if people come to visit. Tours get booked months in advance. AND it's rumored they're about to sell out to big beer which makes me sad. We are in Fort Collins all the time, though. Grandparents-in-law live there. Been to a bunch of the other breweries. Just haven't had the foresight to book a tour!

It's been about 7-8 years since I've been but I was always on business trips. I don't ever remember having to book them ahead of time. I went with a small group (4-5?) of coworkers each time. It's a terrific town. I really love the area a lot.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
It's been about 7-8 years since I've been but I was always on business trips. I don't ever remember having to book them ahead of time. I went with a small group (4-5?) of coworkers each time. It's a terrific town. I really love the area a lot.
Interesting, it must depend on the time of year. There have been times we've considered it but there were no openings! And yeah, Fort Collins is awesome. Main Street in Disneyland is actually based on the old Main Street from foco. Imagineer charge of Main Street design was from here. My sort of relevant fun fact!

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Interesting, it must depend on the time of year. There have been times we've considered it but there were no openings! And yeah, Fort Collins is awesome. Main Street in Disneyland is actually based on the old Main Street from foco. Imagineer charge of Main Street design was from here. My sort of relevant fun fact!

Yeah, it has the Anaheim connection going for it too!

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

I know of a couple, there is this one in Placentia

http://www.thebruery.com

This one is around the corner from Honda Center literally, people tailgate & walk to the game from it

http://www.noblealeworks.com/

Also, J.T. Schmidts across the street from The Ponda has a brewery too I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad