Fantasy Hockey

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've got a potential solution to our problem. Posted it on the yahoo message board.

Yeah, saw that this morning. The problem is, I think if it reaches the payment deadline without AD paying, it will still reset all the rosters... I don't think there's any avoiding that. IU is still going to have to put the league in offline mode and set everyone's rosters back to what they currently are, manually. I dont think there's a way to avoid that. And if that's the case, we can just remove AD, and invite BK, and be done with the douche that is AD. Then have everyone repay up and continue the league.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So what are thoughts on payments again, now that we have a full league of people who will pay? DHF, you wanna drop the link in PM's for the Leaguesafe league you created?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Shot out to IU for finding a way to fix everything even despite the rules saying you couldn't. Now that's a good commish. :thumbu:

Good job Hanson Bros. Was an epic battle, couldn't catch you no matter what I tried.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and RayP

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’m not gonna pay attention to my team if it isn’t for money, whether my team is good or not. Just how I am.

It's going to be for money. We need to sort out how we're repaying again, or IU needs to sort it out. Either Venmo or PayPal directly to IU, or through LeagueSafe, although LeagueSafe actually takes percentages of entry fees/winnings.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's going to be for money. We need to sort out how we're repaying again, or IU needs to sort it out. Either Venmo or PayPal directly to IU, or through LeagueSafe, although LeagueSafe actually takes percentages of entry fees/winnings.

Why can't BK just pay his $25 like the rest of us did?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why can't BK just pay his $25 like the rest of us did?

We had to cancel it as a cash league in order to get BK into the league. You should have received a refund from Yahoo already. I did.

If we convert it back to a cash league, I believe it will reset the draft. Not 100% on that, though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We had to cancel it as a cash league in order to get BK into the league. You should have received a refund from Yahoo already. I did.

If we convert it back to a cash league, I believe it will reset the draft. Not 100% on that, though.

Yep, logged into my card, showing the second refund. Maybe IU can work some more magic. We'll figure it out somehow.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

If we convert it back to a cash league, I believe it will reset the draft.
Not 100% on that, though.
Like ive said before, me and my garbage team are fine with this ;)

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
If you had to choose between Nick Schamltz and Richard Panik, which one would you pick up (on a pure player vs player level)?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you had to choose between Nick Schamltz and Richard Panik, which one would you pick up (on a pure player vs player level)?

IMO, Schmaltz has more upside. Much more. He is playing with Kane, and a hot Anisimov. Panik is typically on a line with Toews and Saad, and that line has basically been tasked with shutting down the ops top lines, for the most part. They're also struggling to find the back of the net.

Schmaltz for me, AINEC. I drafted Panik late in my draft, and I've been tempted to drop him numerous times. But I've held off because I think eventually that line breaks out of its funk as far as point production. If I had a choice, though, I'd definitely have Schmaltz instead. He had a mostly terrible game and still put up 3 assists the other night. Far, far more upside playing with Kane.

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
IMO, Schmaltz has more upside. Much more. He is playing with Kane, and a hot Anisimov. Panik is typically on a line with Toews and Saad, and that line has basically been tasked with shutting down the ops top lines, for the most part. They're also struggling to find the back of the net.

Schmaltz for me, AINEC. I drafted Panik late in my draft, and I've been tempted to drop him numerous times. But I've held off because I think eventually that line breaks out of its funk as far as point production. If I had a choice, though, I'd definitely have Schmaltz instead. He had a mostly terrible game and still put up 3 assists the other night. Far, far more upside playing with Kane.

Would you rate Schmaltz higher than say Atkinson or Eberle?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Would you rate Schmaltz higher than say Atkinson or Eberle?

Talking just fantasy purposes right now? Definitely higher than Atkinson as he just hasn't been putting up points so far this year. Eberle has been more productive at this point in the season, but I expect Schmaltz to pick up his production here at some point, and again... he has the Kane factor going for him. :dunno:

If I could pick up Schmaltz it would be a no brainer, honestly. Are you talking a trade, or picking him up as a free agent?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Epic matchup Ray! Nice win.

tenor.gif

Reactions: RayP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad