Fantasy Hockey

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
@DisgruntledHawkFan and @SAADfather went a combined 8-32.

giphy.gif

You guys do know tanking is not rewarded in fantasy hockey, right?

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs and consolation bracket, rooting for Kane’t Get It Up in the consolation, team is sick, too bad about the injuries.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
NVM, get a little swag going and Bob gets food poisoning or some shit, lol.

Last edited:

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
There has to be a max played for all categories next year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Congrats @ploppsdman on your championship victory. Well deserved. This league was the most fun I’ve had with fantasy, looking forward to next year.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks for the fun year... Good luck to all next season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There has to be a max played for all categories next year.

Why? Head to head leagues rarely use it. By default that option is off in head to head leagues. Why would we put a game limit on positions? Max played is for the positions. So if you enabled it, you would have a maximum of 82 games played by centers, by wings, by D etc. When you reach the max, you no longer can get points by that position. Why would you want that? All I see it doing is punishing someone who drafts well. If you want it enabled, then find a public league with it enabled, and don't play in this one. I do believe the league needs slight tweaking in the rules, but not that.

Fun times this year all. Congrats to the winners. Hopefully everyone paid up so you guys get paid out right.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
I've detailed my reasons on the yahoo board but the simplest one is: look at how many defenseman the top 2 finishers used. I played 2 for most of the second half. To me, that's ridiculous. I won and I'm saying how I won isn't how I want to win. I would assume you can max play by week. Also.. Something I failed to bring up earlier was bc of no max... And I'm sure other reasons... There were... How many trades? If you can always grab a 50 point forward and ignore D... There's no impetus to trade.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I've detailed my reasons on the yahoo board but the simplest one is: look at how many defenseman the top 2 finishers used. I played 2 for most of the second half. To me, that's ridiculous. I won and I'm saying how I won isn't how I want to win. I would assume you can max play by week. Also.. Something I failed to bring up earlier was bc of no max... And I'm sure other reasons... There were... How many trades? If you can always grab a 50 point forward and ignore D... There's no impetus to trade.

I think we should expand the rosters if anything. Then people would still carry 3 or 4 D. I don’t have any issue with the way the rules were this year though. But it did make things difficult with injuries to have the bench we did and only 1 IR spot.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think we should expand the rosters if anything. Then people would still carry 3 or 4 D. I don’t have any issue with the way the rules were this year though. But it did make things difficult with injuries to have the bench we did and only 1 IR spot.

Bigger bench is something I would like, actually.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Bigger bench is something I would like, actually.

Yeah, only thing with that is we would need a limit on how many goalies you could roster at a given time so people don’t hoard them.

And had more people been active all year, there wouldn’t have been a plethora of 50 point players in free agency.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
A bigger bench and no max played means more forwards on your roster .. An average D will not generate half the points an average forward will... Giordano is a good offensive D... Go see how many forwards on waivers are at or near his point total... Guys... You might as well not have d.... Just skip that position ... And putting max played on goalies will also curb hoarding.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A bigger bench and no max played means more forwards on your roster .. An average D will not generate half the points an average forward will... Giordano is a good offensive D... Go see how many forwards on waivers are at or near his point total... Guys... You might as well not have d.... Just skip that position ... And putting max played on goalies will also curb hoarding.

I see the benefit of it, honestly. It just doesn't bother me either way, I guess.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

My thinking was, as is, I had a full roster of forwards almost every day of the finals. Therefore, if we had more roster spots, the only way to utilize them would have been for them to be D-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad