Fantasy Hockey pool guides 2015-16

Pepsi

Mar 30, 2005
Who the hell uses "draft guides" lol nooobs!

I'm not sure what a nooob is. It seems like some type of insult an immature person might make. Not sure why anyone would do that though.

Since I posted earlier in this thread, I will answer the question "who the hell uses draft guides." Well, I do, and I bet a lot of people on hfboards do.

As to why? First of all, I love hockey and like to read/talk about it...especially in the off season. I find the guides have very interesting articles. Have you ever read one? Secondly, I like to win pools. It is easy to pick the top players but it's the later rounds that often win pools. I like having a variety of opinions and advice about players that I may not have thought about. I really like having people who do not read guides in my pools...and I love taking their money at the end.

So, Steelcity24, I hope I answered your questions, and I hope you are in one of my pools. Feel free to throw out more insults...I won't waste anymore of my time responding to you.

Sidkid87

Sep 10, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Have this sneaking suspicion that Tyler Seguin may be the fantasy player to own this year. With the first overall pick I'd take Sidney Crosby 10 times out of 10.. but, 2nd pick... hmmm... I think I risk it and go SEGUIN. Heard it here first!

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I splurged this year and my friend and I split forecaster, left wing lock, mckeens and dobber. Forecaster does seem high. Left wing lock low. Mckeens and dobber are in the middle.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Hey guys I want to purchase a pdf so I can read off my phone during a long plane ride, what are good options ?? If I buy dobbers we I have to access the Internet to read it ??

Pepsi

Mar 30, 2005
Hey guys I want to purchase a pdf so I can read off my phone during a long plane ride, what are good options ?? If I buy dobbers we I have to access the Internet to read it ??

Dobbers will give you a downloadable PDF...so you don't have to have internet to read it.

For anyone who ordered McKeen's... if all I want is the hockey guide, do I just cancel the subscription after I get the PDF? It says the subscription is recurring.

Also, has anyone used Rotowire? If so, is it worth it?

Thanks

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Dobbers will give you a downloadable PDF...so you don't have to have internet to read it.

For anyone who ordered McKeen's... if all I want is the hockey guide, do I just cancel the subscription after I get the PDF? It says the subscription is recurring.

Also, has anyone used Rotowire? If so, is it worth it?

Thanks

Ok perfect thanks!! First time buying dobber but from the sounds of it it's pretty legit. Will make for some good travel reading.

TheDoug

Jul 7, 2014
Louisiana
I've always used Dobber but I was wondering if anyone has other recommendations for hockey lists / draft cheat sheets / etc? Most of my leagues are full dynasty so I haven't done a big full draft in a while outside of free espn leagues with friends and I always just wing those with the pre made rankings. Doing 2 big, money, drafts the same night and want to be fully prepared

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Truth is that all of them are trash. I only use them to refresh on names that have moved or are coming into the league......the forecasting is done by a bunch of clueless hacks.

KevinB

Sep 17, 2015
Forecaster Magazine is terrible, do NOT buy

Haven't seen it yet...just disappointed with the Forecaster.

I'm really disappointed with the Forecaster also. I mean they have Kris Letang ranked #232 among skaters, ranked below the immortal Morgan Rielly. I mean I know Letang is an injury risk, but he should still clearly be a top 100 skater. To have him that low is a joke.

Letang was hardly the only terrible ranking either.

Lint07

Nov 21, 2004
Montreal
www.HockeyTradeRumors.com
My personal fav is Fantasy Hockey Standard. I think it's the cream of the crop. Unfortunately I'm not sure what has happened to their website. They may not be putting anything out this year by the looks of it. Last year at this time, their guide was already available for purchase.

UPP (Ultimate Pool Preview) is also a must buy. Their guide is top notch
Thansk for the kind words, mister.

The 2015-16 Ultimate Pool Preview is in fact ready to ship.

Go to our Facebook page for more infos.

https://www.facebook.com/UltimatePoolPreview

lplmnop

Jul 8, 2016
Fantasy Hockey pool guides 2016-17

What is your best guide ? What's your opinion ?

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
What is your best guide ? What's your opinion ?

The bolded is my best guide.

Nothing in guides truly tell you anything you can't surmise yourself, and are usually educated guesses. What type of categories and statistics you are in varies too much from league to league for a guide to truly help.

And most guides don't teach you how to effectively stream the waiver wire. Which in 4 move/transaction a week leagues with no limits like most 12 team yahoo leagues, is like adding another player to your roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad