Fantasy Hockey pool guides 2015-16

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Dobber - Aug 1st as always

THN - I dunno but they used to put it out late July. I don't think that'll be the case this year as it was a bit into August when the last guide came out

Forecaster - comes out in September which is way too late IMO.

Last edited:

71GenoMalkin

Jul 13, 2010
Does anybody know what happened to the Fantasy Hockey Standard? I tried going onto their website and some domain hosting page came up. I bought their online guide the past few years, among others, and I found it quite good.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Theres also McKeens, but they put their guide out STUPIDLY late...late September I think. For a mag that covers prospects they should know that most keeper drafts happen in mid to late summer

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I think this is the earliest I've ever seen this question ever posed .I applaud your enthusiasm :handclap:

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Should be seeing THN online soon and in stores hopefully before the end of the week if not early next week.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
On Twitter yesterday, THN said it would have their Pool edition on newsstands next week and on August 17th in the US.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
On Twitter yesterday, THN said it would have their Pool edition on newsstands next week and on August 17th in the US.

Yup. Expectation is it'll be first seen Monday, unless stores get their mags early and put them up early. It's usually ON/QUE that get them first

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
THN Fantasy Pool Guide is available for purchase on THN website.

SebFromHawk

un faucon
Jun 15, 2009
Eastern Ontario
Hockey Le Magazine tweeted this pic and said it's available tomorrow!

sTBEks1.jpg

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I was able to buy sports forecaster online through amazon.ca .

almost 18 bucks canadian when you include shipping and taxes though.

mailed right to your door though as opposed to searching for it at various stores.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I was able to buy sports forecaster online through amazon.ca .

almost 18 bucks canadian when you include shipping and taxes though.

mailed right to your door though as opposed to searching for it at various stores.

Is it expected to be delivered to you quickly? I figured the Forecaster wouldn't be available for another few weeks.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Is it expected to be delivered to you quickly? I figured the Forecaster wouldn't be available for another few weeks.

I've bought it via the amazon.ca method for 3 years now and it usually arrives within a week .I ordered it this past saturday so hopefully is here by friday .

you are right though , its not usually available until mid aug so perhaps they've just taken my order and will ship out when available - however , that wasnt indicated when I was processed the order.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
My Forecaster came in the mail yesterday.

I'm reading it very slowly, read from LA to Ottawa so far. Interesting as usual.

A few surprises so far for sure. Won't spoil anything, but they like Zibanejad.

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Left Wing Lock fantasy draft kit is out.

I just bought the draft kit. Great detail. (367pages)

but some predictions seem odd to me. First time reading stuff from them.

Have you ever got their draft kit? how did you find them?

Thanks,

Mind

Mar 5, 2015
Forecaster was the worst guide 2 years in a row in a list I made of 120-150 players projections. (Projection vs Real stat)

Suprisingly, TSN and ESPN were the best for 2014-2015 and they were free.

The guides I used for 2014-2015 season : Forecaster, THN, Hockey Le Mag, Fantasy Hockey Standard, Sportsnet, McKeens, Pool Pro, a french website LePool.com, TSN and ESPN

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
I just bought the draft kit. Great detail. (367pages)

but some predictions seem odd to me. First time reading stuff from them.

Have you ever got their draft kit? how did you find them?

Thanks,

I used it for the first time last year. Definitely helped me in 2 of my redraft leagues. 3rd in one and regular season champ in the other. My team bombed in the playoffs. My 3rd league is a dynasty so I used to to help with some trade values and early season predictions.

The predictions are updated every so often. Especially early releases can see some wrong numbers, but you can redownload to get updates. Also once leagues start drafting you will see the Average Draft Position updated daily.

Pepsi

Mar 30, 2005
Most Accurate?

What pool guide do you think is most accurate when it comes to points. I usually use dobber's and cross-reference with the forecaster. I usually do well but there is one guy in my pool who always beats me. Every year I look at his picks and think he doesn't have a chance. Of course he would tell what pool guides he uses...

This is my experience...Online I like Dobber and FHS, In mags I like Forecaster.

I have found THN, Poolers Guide and Sportnet not too accurate on a lot of predictions.

I've never heard of Left Wing Lock...is that a good one?

Another guy in my pool used rotowire...or something like that (it is an app and I don't know if I have the right name). Anyone use this?

Is your experience the same as mine? If you were to only buy two...what would you pick?

Thanks for your advice and opinions on which are most accurate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad