Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
:P

Klopp will bestow upon him the confidence to enhance his natural abilities.

Also can you say you've watched enough of Karius to know that he won't be the best keeper in the PL in the future? :sarcasm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:P

Klopp will bestow upon him the confidence to enhance his natural abilities.

Also can you say you've watched enough of Karius to know that he won't be the best keeper in the PL in the future? :sarcasm:

I've watched enough of the other keepers to know he won't be better than them.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Big ass trade announcement:

Curtinho receives:
Bale + Rashford + pick #285

Ajacied receives:
Hazard + Pogba + Schurrle

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Improves my starting XI and I've already got plenty of depth to my midfield. Brings in more goals, aerial threat and a big game player as opposed to the coward Hazard and passenger Pogba.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hazard is replaced by Bale and Pjanic replaces Pogba. Easily better.

One of those statements is true.

You traded your top two players for Bale and magic beans. You got punished on value and will have a tough time convincing anyone otherwise.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
*shrug*

As far as I'm concerned Hazard and Pogba are two of the most overrated players on the planet, and I took them mostly because I know that and figured it would score high marks.

However, I decided recently that I'd rather have a team I really like, and that I think is more effective. Bale is much better than Hazard for example. As for being a big game player? Really? Aren't you a Barcelona fan? Copa Del Rey final (85th minute solo goal against Barcelona?), CL final (twice), Euro, basically his entire 2012/13 season (or from 2010 on with Tottenham really), etc. etc.

Rashford is an exciting young player who can come off my bench and play across the front 4. Strootman and Ayew provide plenty of cover in midfield. The only thing I'm losing out on is hype.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Easily better how? Your team is by far the worst now and I can't believe you lectured anyone about it. Hazard is much better with interplay and fits better with your other players. Pogba is bigger and helps the team aerially.

The team is also the slowest anyone could possibly put together in one of these. Bale has great top speed, but he isn't a demon type player that runs at full speed all the time. Midfield and left side of defense has the turning radius of a bus. Strootman could have become a great player but is only on one knee.

In Bale, Firmino, and di Maria you have one of the most mercurial front threes ever. All of those players are wildly inconsistent from game to game.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Easily better how? Your team is by far the worst now and I can't believe you lectured anyone about it. Hazard is much better with interplay and fits better with your other players. Pogba is bigger and helps the team aerially.

We can agree to disagree. Hazard is not better than Bale at pretty much anything, and Pjanic is a million times a better passer than Pogba is. Pogba and Hazard both love to hog the ball while this team now has a lot more fluidity to it. Bale is also much better in the air than Pogba is.

The team is also the slowest anyone could possibly put together in one of these. Bale has great top speed, but he isn't a demon type player that runs at full speed all the time. Midfield and left side of defense has the turning radius of a bus. Strootman could have become a great player but is only on one knee.

Bale is fast all the time which is why players are always backing off on him, and he can run all match long. What are you even talking about? Strootman is already playing at a high level again despite being not long removed from near career ending injury. Turning radius of a bus...lol, but somehow the team got "slower" adding Bale and Rashford for Pogba and Hazard. Oki doke.

In Bale, Firmino, and di Maria you have one of the most mercurial front threes ever. All of those players are wildly inconsistent from game to game.

Ok. They're all match winners, and Firmino is incredibly consistent as is Bale. He had one inconsistent season with Real Madrid for various reasons. di Maria can be inconsistent, but you're talking about their inconsistency compared to Hazard and Pogba? :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bale is fast all the time which is why players are always backing off on him, and he can run all match long. What are you even talking about? Strootman is already playing at a high level again despite being not long removed from near career ending injury. Turning radius of a bus...lol, but somehow the team got "slower" adding Bale and Rashford for Pogba and Hazard. Oki doke.

You should ask yourself what you're even talking about. You're the only person here that would consider playing Rashford to be a positive in this kind of draft. Strootman also blows his knee out every ten games into a season. So far he hasn't played that many so it hasn't happened yet. Your team was already slow, but you made it a lot worse by subtracting Pogba from your team and adding Strootman. That's for sure.

As for consistent, ask yourself. You just traded a ten goal a season midfielder to add a cripple into your lineup.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, except I didn't replace Pogba with Strootman, and Rashford isn't a starter in this team. But you're the only person that could get what happened and come to that conclusion, so bravo, perhaps you should ask yourself what you're even talking about. There's no issue with the speed of my team, or the "turning radius". In fact it got faster, and more team oriented.

Giroud
di Maria - Firmino - Bale
Krychowiak - Pjanic
Luis - Benatia - Matip - Carvajal
Sommer​

Much prefer Pjanic and Bale in that side over Hazard and Pogba.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, except I didn't replace Pogba with Strootman, and Rashford isn't a starter in this team. But you're the only person that could get what happened and come to that conclusion, so bravo, perhaps you should ask yourself what you're even talking about. There's no issue with the speed of my team, or the "turning radius". In fact it got faster, and more team oriented.

Giroud
di Maria - Firmino - Bale
Krychowiak - Pjanic
Luis - Benatia - Matip - Carvajal
Sommer​

Much prefer Pjanic and Bale in that side over Hazard and Pogba.

You're criticizing me for saying your team is slow and then you put Giroud in it? Okay mate. :laugh:

I can't be the only one to here to think that while Luis and Matip are good players, they certainly do have the turning radius of a bus. Benatia isn't even a good player. It's just funny that you lecture people for their opinions and then do a trade to make your team far worse.

Fwiw I'd rather have Pogba in the spot where you had Firmino. Way rather, and your team would look a lot better. But to each their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad