Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Everyone to post so far thinks your trade is bad, so it definitely isn't just me.

I don't think any of them thought I was starting Strootman or Rashford, and again I don't really care if people think it's a bad trade. I know looking at that team versus Hazard and Pogba substituted that it's better. If people want to believe differently that's fine with me. This team is a better team, and a more effective team.

Bale is an absolute monster, but he doesn't need to be on the ball nearly as much as Hazard and Pogba do. Pjanic is a maestro but also brings a good element of defensive value to his position and doesn't dwell on the ball like Pogba does. Bale's interplay is also very underrated. The three of Bale, di Maria and Firmino becomes very fluid and Bale and di Maria have amazing crosses while Bale and Giroud are great in the air.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You're criticizing me for saying your team is slow and then you put Giroud in it? Okay mate. :laugh:

Because Giroud is the whole team? My b.

I can't be the only one to here to think that while Luis and Matip are good players, they certainly do have the turning radius of a bus. Benatia isn't even a good player. It's just funny that you lecture people for their opinions and then do a trade to make your team far worse.

...what? Benatia isn't even a good player? Ok then. Where was I lecturing people for their opinions? :laugh: What are you even on about?

Fwiw I'd rather have Pogba in the spot where you had Firmino. Way rather, and your team would look a lot better. But to each their own.

Indeed, to each their own. Firmino is so much better than Pogba right now I don't even. Especially as a 10, which Pogba doesn't even play, and hasn't played at any team. His work rate, his end product...everything is better. He has more ball recoveries as a forward than Pogba does as a midfielder lol.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Weird trade. That team might have above average wide forwards and full backs, but the central players are a whole lot of meh in a draft like this.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
...what? Benatia isn't even a good player? Ok then. Where was I lecturing people for their opinions? :laugh: What are you even on about?

:laugh:

Firmino is leagues above Icardi; he would get nowhere near starting my team (Giroud is better also, and is on my bench). Jemerson is also not close to Benatia or Matip, but ok.

Meanwhile Giroud, Berardi, Ayew, Strootman, Amavi, Passlack and Areola craps all over your bench. You have Zouma and Pastore starting for your team and vastly overrate it.

I mean, you have some decent pieces, but I would only take Boateng, Busquets and Higuain for my team of yours. My team is better, more complete, and has a much better bench.

Honestly, do you even remember when you post things?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Weird trade. That team might have above average wide forwards and full backs, but the central players are a whole lot of meh in a draft like this.

If you say so. I'm very comfortable with how Firmino in front of Krychowiak - Pjanic stacks up against any other midfield. As far as the defenders go Benatia and Matip are both fantastic, and Sommer is a top keeper as well who is very strong on the ball to build from the back.

But I mean obviously Paredes, Marchisio, Kovacic and Mkhitaran is top notch down the middle, in a draft like this by comparison.

Honestly, do you even remember when you post things?

That's a lecture? Evilo and I were talking **** back and forth, but ok. You do you boo.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also just go watch the Fiorentina-Roma game to see Strootman still bossing the midfield. Had a fantastic game.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Big ass trade announcement:

Curtinho receives:
Bale + Rashford + pick #285

Ajacied receives:
Hazard + Pogba + Schurrle

Confirmed. Thanks!

TF? I deleted the PM to make room, but I'm pretty positive I offered you a much better trade than that for Hazard. You weren't getting a Bale in return mind you, but you were getting quality across the board and a lot of depth. As regards this trade you should have got Milik and still even more than Bale and Milik. Ajacied only has so much to offer, but you should have got more. Not trying to pile on, but this was pretty shocking to read.

Improves my starting XI and I've already got plenty of depth to my midfield. Brings in more goals, aerial threat and a big game player as opposed to the coward Hazard and passenger Pogba.

While I wouldn't use that language, I agree about Hazard and to a lesser degree Pogba. For me as your top picks they weren't helping you in a universe where our teams make up a league. Longer term maybe but that would be speculative with only so much to base that speculation on.

Jan 3, 2012
That's the only thing you've said all along!

Every player I've picked after Neymar has been a reach by your standards.

Yet my team turned out alright.. despite all the "reaches"

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That's the only thing you've said all along!

Every player I've picked after Neymar has been a reach by your standards.

Yet my team turned out alright.. despite all the "reaches"

Not every player, but close enough, yes. After every pick Neymar Sr texts me and says "TF?"

Alright compared to what team? cgf's team?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
My team is pretty much set now. Only one meaningless pick left. About the trade: I needed an upgrade at CM. Already was pretty confident about my side prior to the trade though.

Can you drop players and instantly pick a new one, btw?

We also need to speed things up. I am all for just filling up your squad now without waiting for your turn.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well you didn't :sarcasm:

I frankly didn't like many Ajacied picks so far. Ramos, Robben, Rooney, Valencia, Rose, Blind, Sneijder, Coentrao... lots of either old or very hateable/overrated players.
But to get Hazard+Pogba for Bale is a nice move.
Pogba is still not capable of taking over every game, but he's still a top 10 midfielder in the game.
Hazard is a prime winger/playmaker, period.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well you didn't :sarcasm:

I frankly didn't like many Ajacied picks so far. Ramos, Robben, Rooney, Valencia, Rose, Blind, Sneijder, Coentrao... lots of either old or very hateable/overrated players.
But to get Hazard+Pogba for Bale is a nice move.
Pogba is still not capable of taking over every game, but he's still a top 10 midfielder in the game.
Hazard is a prime winger/playmaker, period.

I thought his draft was fine. I think it was a trade that worked out for both of us. I already have plenty of playmakers and needed a bigger goal threat, and someone that could add a different element to the game. Pogba and Pjanic are on the same level for me, but I don't really like Pogba's tendency to be dribble first with how I want my team to function. Hazard, IMO, is overrated as a player because of his dribbling also (though still a very good player). For me, adding Bale who is a step above Hazard or Pogba, and replacing Pogba's spot with Pjanic who I already had wasn't a big deal, and Rashford is a nice option off the bench in that case. My starting XI adds productivity and ends up being more fluid (IMO) and while it means I have Strootman and Ayew coming off the bench instead of Strootman and Pogba/Pjanic it doesn't hurt that much.

As for him it definitely helped him disperse his talent a bit more and have a stronger starting XI as well. A win-win, IMO. Robben and Sneijder were good picks IMO, especially where he got them. Still very good players, Robben elite when healthy and both big game players as well.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Old? Who gives a crap. They are still elite, especially Ramos and Robben. I think Sneijder is still among the best at his position as well. I'm not trying to be a hipster and pick the sexy youngsters some of you are drafting, just because the rest is 'old'. I also think my fullbacks are decent, but definitely not my strongest position, besides Lahm.. Hated and overrated is an opinion. I personally like hated players..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sneijder is really not what he once was. Robben is rarely playing. Ramos is immensly overrated (for where you picked him).
Coentrao, meh... Valencia, Blind and Rose were reaches IMO.
But as I said, your trade made up for a lot of those picks, providing you don't go full dutchie and put Pogba and Hazard on the bench with Sneijder and Robben instead of them :D

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Old? Who gives a crap. They are still elite, especially Ramos and Robben. I think Sneijder is still among the best at his position as well. I'm not trying to be a hipster and pick the sexy youngsters some of you are drafting, just because the rest is 'old'. I also think my fullbacks are decent, but definitely not my strongest position, besides Lahm.. Hated and overrated is an opinion. I personally like hated players..

Sneijder, Valencia, and Coentrao are no longer among the best at their positions. I like Rooney a lot and dislike the narratives of his career, but he has definitely declined a lot in large part due to injuries. Rose and Blind were good picks.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Sneijder isn't the same Sneijder of 2010, but he's still a legit, quality AM. Two footed, lots of pace and a booming shot. One of only two Oranje international who consistently scores a decent grade, Janssen might be the other. He's better than Eriksen.

Valencia is a tank and I need someone to cover an entite flank with Robben/Hazard's free running game. Coentrao is no longer elite, and I don't think he ever was. Yet he's allround and a big game player. Experienced, too. I think he's among the top 20 leftbacks in the world.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Sneijder isn't the same Sneijder of 2010, but he's still a legit, quality AM. Two footed, lots of pace and a booming shot. One of only two Oranje international who consistently scores a decent grade, Janssen might be the other. He's better than Eriksen.

No he's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad