Fantasy Baseball Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Off to the semis in my league. Got Carrasco twice this week which is nice, but he has a career ERA over 5 against the White Sox......

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I swear sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Forgot to activate Gerrit Cole and he ends up getting shelled.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have to admit, I hate playoffs in fantasy baseball. Give me rotisserie all day

I need playoffs in my deep dynasty league, nobody'd ever beat the top team in our 16-teamer if it was roto. Of course being the #2 seed more than a hundred games over .500 (it's a 20-category per week league) I'm well on the way to being bounced by a .500 #7 seed :shakehead

OTOH I hate head to head in hockey cause there are so many variables - how many games your goalies play, whether Crosby plays 4 games or 2 in a given week. At least with baseball and football it's generally fair in terms of everyone playing the same amount in a given week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I need playoffs in my deep dynasty league, nobody'd ever beat the top team in our 16-teamer if it was roto. Of course being the #2 seed more than a hundred games over .500 (it's a 20-category per week league) I'm well on the way to being bounced by a .500 #7 seed :shakehead

OTOH I hate head to head in hockey cause there are so many variables - how many games your goalies play, whether Crosby plays 4 games or 2 in a given week. At least with baseball and football it's generally fair in terms of everyone playing the same amount in a given week.

Ewwwww...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol honestly I don't know that there's too many superfluous ones offensively (AB, R, HR, XBH, RBI, BB, K, SB, Avg, Slug). Well I guess at bats is kind of lame - though it sort of matches IP on pitching - and you might not need both XBH and Slugging percentage.

But pitchingwise I'm okay with the ten for the most part - IP, BB, K, QS, W, SV, HD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, maybe having BB, K AND BB/K ratio is a bit repetitive though fewer walks generally rewards fewer innings while it's the opposite with K's, and K/BB rewards a good ratio. But I think it's set up so you can't really game the system by going with too many relievers or too many starters.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'd like to thank Wil Myers, Ian Kinsler, Madison Bumgarner, and Marco Estrada for going ice cold at just the right time, for power outages from Francisco Lindor and Mookie Betts and for the implosion of all of my middling relievers for turning in a quality regular season... I guess.

It's like they all saw Kershaw go on the DL and shut it down for the season, with his return too late to stop a late-season swoon and first-round exit.

My keeper situation looks good though.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I've gotten -3 points from my 4 pitcher starts this week against 47 for my opponent in 3 starts. Still up 20 going into today's games.

My Kennedy plays his Sale today, and my Carrasco plays his Verlander tomorrow. Should be fun/scary af.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Up 47 my friend :)

The guy's hitters have been as bad as my pitching. Juan Nicasio got me a sweet W today though while Granderson and Bogaerts did their thing. Just gotta hope Kyle Gibson doesn't pull another gem out of his ass tomorrow.

Wow.

Considering how well Verlander pitched, and I'm not sure if you get points for a complete game... that, combined with Carrasco only facing one batter, I thought you'd be losing.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Wow.

Considering how well Verlander pitched, and I'm not sure if you get points for a complete game... that, combined with Carrasco only facing one batter, I thought you'd be losing.
Yeah I think it speaks to how good my hitters have been compared to how useless his have been. He got 45 from Sale yesterday and -9 from Kelvin Herrera, then 23 from Verlander and 18 from Miller today. Been able to strengthen my lead both days.

The finals without Carrasco though....

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I prefer roto for every sport except football, but almost everyone else likes H2H.

I like it if everyone is close, but it's often not the case. Once you're out in roto, you're really out. Which can lead to alot of inactive owners. In h2h you can atleast entertain the thought of a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad