Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
And I think anyone who doesn't care whether or not the Isles win the Cup each year are actual fans.

yup, I want the Isles to win the Cup, only 3 points out of a playoff spot, win tomorrow and it could be 1

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
not defending him, only saying this idiotic Billboard campaign is counter productive, and if someone is actually rooting for the opposing team to score on the Islanders, THEY are not an actual fan
I agree that rooting for the opposing team to score is a joke, but I completely disagree that the Billboard campaign is counter productive. The billboard campaign has nothing to do with the season. It has to do with the franchise and the future. It VERY productive to try to change the head of the front office which hopefully leads to hiring a more competent coaching staff. One with legitimate NHL coaching experience. Weight is a disgrace and Snow follows suit just for hiring the bum. Get them both out of here and change the future to a culture of winning.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
not defending him, only saying this idiotic Billboard campaign is counter productive, and if someone is actually rooting for the opposing team to score on the Islanders, THEY are not an actual fan

Not at all. Wanting to get rid of Snow means you want to get the ship righted in a new direction because the current direction sucks(which it does). For every move Snow does right you can count 3 or 4 moves or non moves he screwed up on. On top of that he has continually failed to build a solid team or put the right coaches behind the bench for long term success.

Rooting for the other team to score on the Isles is completely different.

Reactions: nyisles and dano16

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm old enough to remember Giants fans burning tickets in the Meadowlands parking lot and hiring a plane to fly over the stadium to deliver a message to the Mara family in 1979. It got NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle to intervene between the Mara's and hire George Young as GM. The Giants then went on to become a successful franchise. I don't know if this billboard campaign will get Ledecky to fire Garth Snow or not but with social media having the immediacy and reach it does the fans found a platform to vent and voice their displeasure in the way the franchise is being run. I applaud that.

And to @SatansIsland81 the fans literally put their money where their mouth is and are now walking the walk. How about you?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
pathetic and embarrassing, sure to continue the Islanders as the laughing stock that they are and ensure no FA is going to want to come here and definitely no respectable GM is going to want to GM here, we should only hope this pathetic and embarrassing Billboard is never going to happen

The only thing pathetic and embarrassing is you. You must be related to Garth Snow. Only explanation at this point. Have a lot of difficult things going on in my personal life this week, but this is great to see. Between the billboard and this other fan's letter, exactly what we needed and I am so proud that at least a portion of the Isles fanbase is stepping up. This is the only way change will happen and if this momentum continues, I dont see any way that the owners would not be forced to act.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
yup, I want the Isles to win the Cup, only 3 points out of a playoff spot, win tomorrow and it could be 1

You are delusional. Winning a game here and there changes nothing. 12 years speaks volumes. Getting Snow out leads to the chance of us not praying to get back within 1 point of the 8th seed every year at this time of the season.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Two more billboards need to be put up.

One near the Isles office in Plainview on OCR (I think that is where the offices still are)

One near Twin Rinks Practice facility.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This is hilarious. Is the billboard actually going to go up??

I doubt it will have any impact or influence on what Ledecky and Malkin do (maybe though) but it sure is funny.

I remember some fans started a MikeMustGo website during the Milbury years that got a lot of traffic. It had an image of MM in a guillotine...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
This is hilarious. Is the billboard actually going to go up??

I doubt it will have any impact or influence on what Ledecky and Malkin do (maybe though) but it sure is funny.

I remember some fans started a MikeMustGo website during the Milbury years that got a lot of traffic. It had an image of MM in a guillotine...
Yes. They’re putting up a second one now and donating the rest to Lee’s Kancer Jam.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
I bet you after this Snow is still on the team. Isles will make the playoffs and win the cup this season.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Fully in support of the billboard going up but fans need to strike while the iron is hot and follow up by chanting and making themselves heard in the media. I would really like to hear what the Snow apologists think is the right way forward, because with Snow there is none

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Have to admit, this billboard thing is kind of funny. Unfortunately, it will likely have no real effect, and could even backfire. If -- and that's a big if -- ownership was considering firing Snow, this kind of action is more likely to delay it than bring it on. Ownership -- any ownership, not just the Islanders -- never wants to put itself in a position of appearing to cave in to the fans. It's terrible optics and sets a president that could spiral out of hand. That's why fan "protests" so rarely accomplish anything.

The economics of missing the playoffs again, which costs ownership millions of dollars, should be enough to get him shown the door. And the last thing I want to see is Snow making hail Mary moves now in an attempt to save his job -- that's how you get Forsberg for Erat types of deals. It sucks, but this has to organically play out, and that will unfortunately just take time.

But...the billboard is funny

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Have to admit, this billboard thing is kind of funny. Unfortunately, it will likely have no real effect, and could even backfire. If -- and that's a big if -- ownership was considering firing Snow, this kind of action is more likely to delay it than bring it on. Ownership -- any ownership, not just the Islanders -- never wants to put itself in a position of appearing to cave in to the fans. It's terrible optics and sets a president that could spiral out of hand. That's why fan "protests" so rarely accomplish anything.

The economics of missing the playoffs again, which costs ownership millions of dollars, should be enough to get him shown the door. And the last thing I want to see is Snow making hail Mary moves now in an attempt to save his job -- that's how you get Forsberg for Erat types of deals. It sucks, but this has to organically play out, and that will unfortunately just take time.

But...the billboard is funny
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Giants fans were ready to start a full scale riot this year and it got McApoo and Reese fired.

Reactions: periferal

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Interesting that Anders Lee has rejected the offer to take this money for his foundation.. as tweeted by Anders himself and Arthur Staple. I commend him for taking that stance, but also am a proud supporter of this movement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad